Getting Freaky with Coco

ok I am beside myself. The current plnts in flower are done at 6 weeks. THIS SUCKS!! I mean seriously, they've never wilted and have been been fed with run-off daily. WTF is the point of growing in COCO is you have to keep the substrate totally saturated? i might as well be growing in hydro and dirt, which is next if this next venture doesn't work.

I did a web search as to why this is happening. Reddit, of all places shed some light. It's a combination of overfeeding and the pots drying too much. I'm tired of banging my head against the wall. I searched high and low for Jungle Juice 2 part, which is the old pre-pH perfect Sensi line. I bought all i could find, literally. 9 1liter bottles of A and B. and ten liter jugs of ech too. FUCK AN for discontinuing this stuff.
I will be doing a tray with 5 plants (4 Master Kush and 1 LA confidential) in a recirculating setup and they will be getting low dose ph-perfect sensi bloom. The new plants going into the flower room with get the Jungle Juice. Feed water feed water feed water like i used to do.

if neither of these methods work. i'm going back to dirt.

are you checking the EC or PPMs of the root zone run off?
That’s the first thing that could give you some answers. I’d check the PH at the same time.
If your EC is too high (10 plus EC) you could be nutrient locking your root zone, if it’s too low your plants may not be getting enough nutrients.
I use EC personally and in the first 3-4 weeks of flower I slowly raise the EC in the root zone to about 8-10 EC by feeding just enough with like 10% or less run of about an hr after lights turn on and then letting the pots dry back over night. The drying back keeps the nutrients in the root zone if you over do runoff you can flush out your nutrients with the runoff. After week 4 I start to water more to about 30% runoff as well as a evening feedingor watering to keep the pots from over drying at night this helps me steer my EC back down to about 6 EC where I like to coast at until week 8 of flower.

are you checking the EC or PPMs of the root zone run off?
That’s the first thing that could give you some answers. I’d check the PH at the same time.
If your EC is too high (10 plus EC) you could be nutrient locking your root zone, if it’s too low your plants may not be getting enough nutrients.
I use EC personally and in the first 3-4 weeks of flower I slowly raise the EC in the root zone to about 8-10 EC by feeding just enough with like 10% or less run of about an hr after lights turn on and then letting the pots dry back over night. The drying back keeps the nutrients in the root zone if you over do runoff you can flush out your nutrients with the runoff. After week 4 I start to water more to about 30% runoff as well as a evening feedingor watering to keep the pots from over drying at night this helps me steer my EC back down to about 6 EC where I like to coast at until week 8 of flower.
High @Amoeba, I greatly appreciate you stopping by. any insite you could lend would be very helpful.

Well, i ran 2.5 gallons of RO water through when I started their flush. the ppm of what came out was around 600 ppm. The plants in no way are showing any signs of deficiencies. however, it's been over a week since i started flushing. i flushed them to zero ppm runoff and the BBYY is still very green, just now starting to fade a little. this tells me the plants stored too much. I took fresh samples this morning and will quick dry and smoke. fingers crossed they are smoke-able and tasty. if not they'll be way too over-ripe by the time they are flushed enough. plain RO water daily. Any thoughts? during flower they were getting 20ml'ss of base nutes, ppm around 500. i even potted up the BBYY into a 5 gallon pot immediately before flower and she never dried out.

I just put 2 White Tahoe Cookies and 1 Hippy Slayer into flower. i potted them up and trimmed them up. put them from 3 gallon pots into 5 gallon pots. Waited 2 days and into the flower room they went. They are currently getting 25 ml's base Jungle3 juice 2 part. feed water feed wter feed wter wash rinse repeat.

I also have 4 Master Kush and 1 LA Confidential in air pots in veg. i want to minimized root rot so they will be vegged a bit longer.

Also potted up 3 Blueberry Yum Yum into 3 gallon pots. they are under the big LED in veg

Last edited:
i'm starting to think the Hippy Slayer might be salvageable. smoked a sample the other day and everyone i smoked her with said they had been totally slain. Man it's strong. The smoke is smooth and tastes like sweat, as per what i remember. Both plants are down and curing in separate jars. Hoping the same will be true of the blueberry Yum Yum. She smells like fresh berries.... hopefully she has flushed enough and isn't over-ripe

we;ll the Hippy Slayer is over-ripe but salvageable. The potency is ridiculous and she tastes like your sucking on some hot girls toes...... as for the buzz, it's like she grabs you by the shirt and slaps you around, yelling at you, "you're fucking STONED NOW!!!" she's got a beautiful weird to her. This is one of 2 strains I've encountered that cuts through and blends with LSD. Other than that, she cuts trhough every strain smoked previously during the session. I have missed her terribly

the Blueberry Yum Yum is too over-ripe and has lost her luster. bummer.

The White Tahoe Cookies and Hippy Slayer in flower are doing well. The Hippy Slayer isn't too happy, but the WTC is going gang busters.

The Master Kush and LA in the air pots are almost ready for the flower room. They'll be under the BC Blondes LED fixture in a 3x3 tray with a 40 gallon rez underneath. Nutes will be recirculated and they will be fed once a day until they need to be fed more often. Topping them today

y'all have a great day!

well i think i screwed up again. I was pH-ing my nute solution nd pulled idiotic newb mistake. i wasn't calibrating my meter. However the plants weren't really showing signs of the pH being off. It was off reading 6.0 and the solution was actually around 6.4. So i calibrated my pen and fed them last night. I'm guessing I'll be seeing some evidence of ph swing now.... hoping this won't screw things up too badly. they actually look pretty good. the Hippy Slayer looks a bit hungrybut he buds look good. i''l grab some pics....

this pen seems to be doing ok. I just haven't used it in a long time. it was kept in the storage solution though.

BlueLab started outsourcing their pns to the Chinese and they completely went to shit. Used to be my Go-To

potted up 4 Kali Mist into FFOF today. I'd love to be using the Build A Soil 3.0 but it's $60 a bag her. Gonna hit them with the good ol' Fox Farm Trio. back to basics for these girls.

I did put 3 BBYY into flower last week. They're getting the Jungle Juice 2 part.

The Hippy Slayer and Whit Tahoe cookies ar ging to hit six weeks this saturday. Sadly enough, they look like they're finishing up.....,...I'll check trichs tomorrow and see. I should be able to gt them flushed in enough time to harvest some smokeabl buds. Her' the deal - I was using some of the Heavy 16 additives in veg.............. won't be dig that any longer......

Last edited:
The hippy slayer has stood the test of time really well, checks all the boxes of “modern” strains as far as looks, yield etc… but is so funky and hits hard. I’m surprised more people haven’t given it a go. I should get her back and make some S1s, I did cross her to the 88g13 hp and that has produced a few nice plants but not as good as the mom so far

The hippy slayer has stood the test of time really well, checks all the boxes of “modern” strains as far as looks, yield etc… but is so funky and hits hard. I’m surprised more people haven’t given it a go. I should get her back and make some S1s, I did cross her to the 88g13 hp and that has produced a few nice plants but not as good as the mom so far
Well as far as I know there is 5 people or less that have hippy slayer. I’m planning some back crosses to the mom starting with the males from the seeds you sent me,

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

This is a picture you don’t want to get from your caretaker when you’re out of town. My stepdad was placed in hospice last Sunday night. He passed last night.

My caretaker sent me that picture today. Glad I have a couple bottles of Dead Bug on hand. They’re being sprayed as I type and I’ll hit everything with Green Cleaner by Okd Stage as soon as I get home this weekend

Veg room seems unaffected for the moment

PMSL, I did didn't I. LOL
What I really meant was, the KM that you potted up were they seedlings from seed or were they clones from cuts.
Stoner. Lol they are clones of the clones you sent me my friend. A couple will get their branches dusted with pollen from the male you sent
I seen the tent on that bud and my heart sank. I been down that road before.
I about freaked out.
Ouch.....I know that feeling. ☹️
Thanks for the sympathy my friend. I haven’t had spider mites in years.

Back