Winter Into Spring

Did you nail her with the four males?

I did, BUT, an Asian Beauty male released pollen before I pulled him out so I’m not 100% certain the branches I pollinated are Haw Sat repro’s. But the good news is, I collected a lot of pollen and have clones of the current female and another female that didnt make it in this round and I’m going to run them again in about a month. I will pollinate those and definitely have 100% Haw Sat repros. I also made a few Haw Sat crosses with Blue Dream, MAC1, OGKB 2.0, Triangle Kush, PNG x Kashmere and one or two I cant recall. Hit me up if you want any of those to try before I make more Haw Sats.

Mostly interested in the Hawaiian Sativa.
Do you know the origin of what you have?...whether it's from Federation?
Back on OG, when I was researching various Hawaiian strains, Federation's Hawaiian Sativa was generally rated as the best...by a fair amount.
Initially I was looking for a Maui Waui strain...got very close with Nirvana's Maui Waui x Skunk #1.
But there was so much praise for Federation's HS, that I've kept an eye open for it ever since.

The Asian Beauty cross shouldn't be such a horrible thing, eh?

Well Nanny, its borderline horrible. The Asian Beauty seeded my flower tent, so that 9 plants, average height of 4.5' full of seeds, and even though I hit a few branches on the Hawaiian Sativa with Haw Sat pollen, I cant guarantee they are next generation HS. Most likely they are because the branches I pollinated didnt look affected but you never know. And it kind of sucks that I have to wait a range of 10-15 weeks to harvest seeded smoke. The only good thing is, I know for sure that every other plant with beans, the AB is the father.

Mostly interested in the Hawaiian Sativa.
Do you know the origin of what you have?...whether it's from Federation?
Back on OG, when I was researching various Hawaiian strains, Federation's Hawaiian Sativa was generally rated as the best...by a fair amount.
Initially I was looking for a Maui Waui strain...got very close with Nirvana's Maui Waui x Skunk #1.
But there was so much praise for Federation's HS, that I've kept an eye open for it ever since.

Hi Bob! Yes, they are Federation Hawaiian Sativa reproductions. I do not know which F generation they are in. I got one pack from a member here and another pack from a guy I met on IG out in Oregon. I plan on getting one more pack from the OR guy that made a repro with a longer flowering female that he says is exceptional. I have a LOT of pollen from the four males I collected, so I'm going make more beans when I run the females again. This is my first time running HS, so I dont know how the female is that's currently in flower and I have a cut of one more female that didnt make it in this rotation. You're welcome to beans if interested, you can wait on the ones I make or I can see how many the guy in OR has and if he has enough, get some from him for you.

Also, I read similar descriptions about HS on Icmag and that peaked my interest also. I've read people say the high isnt that strong compared to some NLD's but most everyone agrees most of the HS is a day brightener, like a bowl of sunshine. You do have to hunt for what you are looking for, but general consensus is, its great herb.

[MENTION=2658]Olday[/MENTION] Is 9 weeks way too early for AB? I cant believe what I'm seeing with the trichs on one of the plants. I took a sample to try, hopefully its dry in a week or so.

Hi Bob! Yes, they are Federation Hawaiian Sativa reproductions. I do not know which F generation they are in. I got one pack from a member here and another pack from a guy I met on IG out in Oregon. I plan on getting one more pack from the OR guy that made a repro with a longer flowering female that he says is exceptional. I have a LOT of pollen from the four males I collected, so I'm going make more beans when I run the females again. This is my first time running HS, so I dont know how the female is that's currently in flower and I have a cut of one more female that didnt make it in this rotation. You're welcome to beans if interested, you can wait on the ones I make or I can see how many the guy in OR has and if he has enough, get some from him for you.

Also, I read similar descriptions about HS on Icmag and that peaked my interest also. I've read people say the high isnt that strong compared to some NLD's but most everyone agrees most of the HS is a day brightener, like a bowl of sunshine. You do have to hunt for what you are looking for, but general consensus is, its great herb.

Yeah, I think it's definitely one for the sally lovers...not so much for indie folks. :p
Way back when I was first looking at it, it was already a discontinued line. A lot of folks ranked the original line up there with Nevil's Haze. Since then, it's been re-introduced. My understanding is that the original line from Federation was a stabilized IBL. How it's been reestablished I'm not sure...hopefully from the original seed stock.
I am interested in beans, but I am not in any hurry. Right now I'm most curious to see how it does for you...and then hear your opinion of it once it's had a good cure. For now, you just do you, and I will continue to enjoy your posts. Maybe a little more attention to the HS in your posts...that'd be nice. :)

[MENTION=2658]Olday[/MENTION] Is 9 weeks way too early for AB? I cant believe what I'm seeing with the trichs on one of the plants. I took a sample to try, hopefully its dry in a week or so.
I agree with the good Dr, it seems a little early but they aren’t super long flowering to begin with so it’s possible.

I agree with the good Dr, it seems a little early but they aren’t super long flowering to begin with so it’s possible.

How soon did you try it after chopping? Was it buggy or paranoid immediately after chop?

Thanks! It is a chill smoke, but I’m glad I didnt take the top yet. It needed a little longer. Just starting week 11, might take another bud in a couple days. Thanks for all the guidance.

Good evening!! Hope all are well. Posting a few shots to get the thread going again. This was from about 3 weeks ago, right before or after flip. Spent the past couple days trimming, defoliating and staking.

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

Happy-looking plants :thumright:

What are you running this round?

Thanks 180! Not sure why they are sideways, I think its because I uploaded from my phone, but I havent had time to try and fix it yet.

Top picture, front to back - RS11, Blue Dream and P98

Middle - Chocolate Gelato, Tahoe OG and one I call unknown

Bottom - Apple Fritter, Genius and White Tahoe Cookies x Okie #2 from [MENTION=1541]Variety[/MENTION].

These pictures were from right before flip, they are 4 weeks in now.

Trying to get this thread up and going again. So far I've culled one of the Purple Kush for slow, mutated, sickly growth, and one of the Nurse Larry x Super Sour Double Diesel is on the chopping block for being a midget. I believe by the end of this week, everyone in a solo cup in group 1 will get transplanted into one gallons and hopefully stay in there until they show sex which is about 4 weeks away. I'll get some pictures posted shortly, trying to get back on track after loosing everything trying to run a business and the garden suffered.

15L (~4 gallons) tap water

5ml silica

0.5ml trace elements

30ml zinc sulfate (stock solution)

60ml manganese sulfate (stock solution)

1.25ml boron

5ml kelp extract

8.75g calcium nitrate

14.4g calphos

6.2g masterblend

6.6g magnesium sulfate (epsom)

30ml lacto