Winter Into Spring

Dang, my friend, you are seriously rocking out that tent. Grow on!

Thanks Guy!! Trying not to mess them up at this point. LOL! I skipped irrigation yesterday because the pots were saturated, but the plants looked great. Well, letting it dry back a day and a half caused the EC to rise in the soil and the leaves were just starting to curl slightly on the skinny leaf girls. Irrigation is back on today with some tweaks to the frequency and in another day or two I'll see how they respond.

Thanks Olday! So far, I'm very happy everything is seeming to like the same feed. I don't know how to crop the pictures anymore since a windows update took away MS Picture manager. I don't want to touch them, but it's time to pull them out and check for boy parts, and staking them probably wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll be making more Asian Beauty beans, so I'll send some your way when they are done if you're interested. A plant I thought was a female was a male, so that made it one boy and two girls. Had the opposite with the Hawaiians, had one girl and three boys.

For the last time, hopefully, I know [MENTION=1541]Variety[/MENTION] would say different, lmao!! But how long did you say the Asians might go? I cant find the conversations we had about it. I have the calendar marked off for 15 weeks, but I dont think its that long, maybe 12-13.

All good man, She isn’t crazy long (obviously Pheno dependent) and I know a lot of Sativa peeps use her in crosses to shorten up the flowering cycle and add some weight/density. I’d suspect 12-14 but it could be on the early side of that. And sure to the beans, I may try her outside here next season as she may even finish.

Thanks Guy!! Trying not to mess them up at this point. LOL! I skipped irrigation yesterday because the pots were saturated, but the plants looked great. Well, letting it dry back a day and a half caused the EC to rise in the soil and the leaves were just starting to curl slightly on the skinny leaf girls. Irrigation is back on today with some tweaks to the frequency and in another day or two I'll see how they respond.

yup, that's the problem i have been giving myself by not being in the flower room often enough. I wish i could set up an automatic watering/feeding thing.....

My plants have different water needs, so I've always been a hand-waterer. i have set up drip systems for when I had to go away, butI find that automated watering systems just don't allow the degree of discretion/adjustability that I need when growing numerous different varieties in the same room. :2c:

My plants have different water needs, so I've always been a hand-waterer. i have set up drip systems for when I had to go away, butI find that automated watering systems just don't allow the degree of discretion/adjustability that I need when growing numerous different varieties in the same room. :2c:

I'm running narrow leaf and hype train all on same system. To adjust the flow the manifold has valves that can be adjusted and for a redundancy, I put shut off valves on each line. I have a skinny broad in a pot thats 3 gallons smaller than all the others and by looking at her, you know she's as happy as everyone else. Now, I do fertilize with salts, and I keep the skinny's in mind when I formulate, but the polyhybrids like the weaker solutions, and they all love the consistency of the feeding times.

Reactions: 180
Its not hard to set it up. Takes a while. but worth it.

my ceiling height in the flower room is only 6'6". My plants around the big light run around 5 feet tall. Also, i do not have a floor drain my my basement. I've thought about it long and hard. any suggestions?

Last edited:
my ceiling height in the flower room is only 6'6". My plants around the big light run around 5 feet tall. Also, i do not have a floor drain my my basement. I've thought about it long and hard. any suggestions?

Hi Guy! I run drain to waste in a 5x5 tent. I put a 4x4 hydro flood and drain table down and that collects runoff instead of having a tray under each pot. There are no cut outs in the table. Under the table, I put a piece of 2x2 across the back, and then about half way up, a piece of 1"x6" piece of plywood to provide support, this raises the back of the table so the run off collects in the front and then I use a very small (300L/Hr, 4 watts) submersible pump to get the water out. If you get a pump, be sure to get one that draws from the bottom instead of the front.

I kept looking for pics or reports on the Minx, from the start of this thread. Did it not live to harvest?

Impressive stuff there digger :thumbsup:

Thanks Doc!!

I kept looking for pics or reports on the Minx, from the start of this thread. Did it not live to harvest?

Hi Nanny! The Minx did not make it to harvest. If I remember correctly, I had a scare and cut down everything. I didnt run them again.

Really chunky for the types in there digger, really well done

Thanks Olday! There's another Asian Beauty (front, lower right in the group picture, thats a lot taller, but the buds arent as big, even though its in a 5 gallon pot. I think its a completely different pheno. The picture of the big headed AB is in a 2 gallon pot. I'm going to pull it out today and check the trichs. The trichs on the tall pheno are well developed and are almost finished turning from clear to milky white. I'm thinking maybe 3 more weeks, but not counting on it.

Looking stellar, digger. Beefy!

Thanks 180! I just put one of the p98's into its final home and flipping at the end of this week.

Back