Winter Into Spring

digger

Thread Revitalizer
Hey whats up!

Let's start some seeds...

(4) Fat Cherry (Cherry flavored Afghani) x Strawberry Milk (Nepali OG x Instant Karma (Bubba Kush x Sour Diesel IBL)) (testers) from Bodhi (is Bodhi here? I'd like to tag him)
(4) Michoacan (2017) - Swami Organic Seeds
(4) Insane Chem '91 (Chem ’91 BX3 x Chem ’91 BX2) - ISP
(4) Super Lemon haze BX1 F2 (SLH (cut) x (SLH (cut) x Ultimate Chem ’08)) from Thunderfudge
(4) Apricot OG F1 (Alien Apricot x FPOG F2) from Jaws
(4) OG Jam V6 (King Louie OG x (Triangle Kush x Legend OG x ((SFV OG x Ghost OG S1) x Ghost OG S1))) from Funk/CBF
(4) Ogers Kush from a kind kind member here
(4) Minx (Chocolate Hash x 78 Chocolate Thai x Chocolate Chunk x Chocolate Rain) another from Funk/CBF
(1) Wifi OG recently found bagseed. Not expecting much from this one. It was light colored but passed a very light squeeze test, so we shall see.

Trying something a little different this season with the beans. I ran across a video with a guy selling an at home tissue culture kit and he showed a method for starting old seeds. I replicated what I could of his process, incorporated a little modified KNF seed treatment solution and then onto a final soak until tomorrow.

First soak in a weak H2O2 solution:
12.5ml 3% h2o2
237.5ml distilled water
soak for 30 minutes

Second soak in a modified KNF seed treatment solution. It's modified because I didnt have any brown rice vinegar, so I substituted kombucha starter tea/vinegar for the BRV:
0.5L distilled
1ml comfrey fpj
1ml kombucha starter tea
0.5ml OHN
6.4 pH (had to go up, the shit was in the 4's when it was first made)
soaked for 45 minutes (was shooting for 30, but I got busy doing something else)

Overnight soak:
0.75L distilled
0.25 seltzer water
1/64t ful-humix
1/64t myco + tricho powder
1/64t barley SST
10ml kelp solution
6.3 pH
they will soak until some time tomorrow evening, not because of a special time, but thats when I think I'll be able to get back to them, then into rockwool cubes for sprouting, then into coir.

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Your braver then me lol. I will only start a few seeds at a time. Looking forward to see what ya find!

Your braver then me lol. I will only start a few seeds at a time. Looking forward to see what ya find!

LOL! Most I've started in a while, but it's not that many. LOL! Figuring end up with a little less than half girls, after removing males and weak plants.

Right on!...

Who doesn’t love cracking beans!..

It’s like a box of Russell Stover assorted chocolates!..

Do you know the flower time on the Michoacán?..

Will you be flowering indoors or outdoors?..
The Insane Chem is killer!...

Do you plan on making any beans with any males?..

Good luck Amigo!..

Thanks for dropping in big! Kushy told me the Michoacan might go 12-14 weeks, and the Minx might go 12 per Funk. First time running both so I dont know. I've run Ohso's Chem 91 bx2 before but this is the first go with the Insane. I'm expecting it to be good, the 91 bx2 was great.

Regarding the males, most likely, the plan is, lol all males will be culled EXCEPT the Oger males and maybe just maybe keep a male off the Insane. The Oger beans came with stipulations, make beans or loose fingers. I'm willing to share the males and females if anyone wants to help with the project.

Flowering indoors and thanks.

Fore sure I'm pulling up my Lazy Boy for this thread... :puffpuffpass:

Whats up drifting! Thanks for stopping by.

Extra butter!

Hmmmmm!

Update #1

Sorry for the wait! Didnt realize its been over a month since I updated thread. During that time, did some research on coir and the care it needs and calculating nutrient ppm's. I found a nutrient recommendation chart that listed Mel Frank's and pH Imbalance's feed values. I dont know who pH Imbalance is, but these charts have made a world of difference, I believe I am over my fear of over feeding, which I learned isnt really feeding at all, but the hindrance of the uptake of water. I am 90% sure my humidity is too low in the room, causing Ca to not be taken up like it should, causing the leaf curl, and tip burns. Currently trying to figure out an economical way to extract run off, raise the humidity (which I think I have), build more light and I need to set up feeding automation. The plants I have in flower now, show the progress in learning. They started off shitty and by the grace of the "fuck it lets do this" attitude, somewhat recovered in flower, something I have never been able to do, and will make it to the finish. I'll post pictures of them after lights on, for now, here are the veg pictures. I'll take individual pictures when it's time to transplant, which will be in another 2 weeks I believe.

As of today, here's what we have:
(3) Barefoot's Pineapple Ogers (Oger (5* Queen) x Golden Pineapple (clone)/Pineapple Kush (clone)/Tahoe OG) - 8 days

Remaining veg garden from seed - 4wk 5 days:
(4) Swami Michoacan (2017)
(2) Bodhi (testers) Fat Cherry x Strawberry Milk (Cherry flavored Afghani) x Strawberry Milk (Nepali OG x Instant Karma (Bubba Kush x Sour Diesel IBL))
(2) Oger Kush - Thanks UNI!!
(3) ThunderFudge Super Lemon Haze BX1 F2 (SLH (cut) x (SLH (cut) x Ultimate Chem ’08))
(3) Jaws' Apricot OG F1 (Alien Apricot x FPOG F2)
(3) CBF Minx (Chocolate Hash x 78 Chocolate Thai x Chocolate Chunk x Chocolate Rain)
(3) CBF OG Jam V6 (King Louie OG x (Triangle Kush x Legend OG x ((SFV OG x Ghost OG S1) x Ghost OG S1)))
(1) ISP Insane Chem '91 (Chem ’91 BX3 x Chem ’91 BX2) (’91 dom)

Clones (3w 6days since planted):
(2) Thunderfudge Zour Larry (zKittles ((Grape Ape x Grapefruit) x Unknown) x Sour Larry BX2)
(6) Katsu Bubba
(1) Wedding Cake
(3) Key Lime Pie
(1) Red Cheeze
(3) GG4

I havent forgotten about the cuts I said I would deliver. But, in all honesty, I'm learning how to grow, how to control the plants through nutrients and trying to tighten up on my weaknesses. If you can be patient with me, I will deliver large, healthy, cuttings in the Spring when the weather isnt as harsh.

Update #1 continued

Ok, so I had to go back and check the thread. Damn I'm late, I only posted pictures of the cups they were soaking in. LOL! Here we go! Seedlings up first:

001 (4).JPG

002 (2).JPG

003 (2).JPG

Current:

006 (2).JPG

007.JPG

008 (2).JPG

Oger Kush

These were gifted to me by a member here that was crazy enough to let me have a go at them. I started 3, and one didnt continue after splitting. So, I have two young veg plants and 4 beans left. Hopefully, I get a breeding pair out of these two. I was given the OK to share these far and wide so the line isnt lost. Hopefully, I can get cuttings out and a few people can help make more beans.

009 (3).JPG

Bodhi testers Fat Cherry x Strawberry Milk

Been having these too long! Sorry for the delay Bodhi! I started 4, 2 seedlings didnt make it and this is what I have for this run:

010 (2).JPG

My apologies for not looking in before.Man...I wish I had the room for an undertaking such as this.It's about all I can do just to get out of bed in the morning,but I'll gladly cheer you on digger!

My apologies for not looking in before.Man...I wish I had the room for an undertaking such as this.It's about all I can do just to get out of bed in the morning,but I'll gladly cheer you on digger!

No worries Slim and thanks for dropping in! And just to let you know, I dont have the room either! LOL!

I dont have the room either! LOL!

Perhaps,but based on what I have read thus far,you will no doubt turn everything to your advantage.So many things in life are benefited by the proper attitude and determination.I believe you have both in abundance.

Carry on young feller!

...I believe I am over my fear of over feeding, which I learned isnt really feeding at all, but the hindrance of the uptake of water. I am 90% sure my humidity is too low in the room, causing Ca to not be taken up like it should, causing the leaf curl, and tip burns.

The uptake of water can be affected by a salt imbalance issue...higher salt levels in the medium, as compared to salt levels within the plant, make it more difficult for water to permeate the roots, because the water has a natural tendency to move toward the higher levels of salts. That also means that water that does manage to permeate the roots will likely be bringing more salts with it than is necessary. Low humidity environment increases transpiration rates, which acts like a suction pump in the roots. This works to overcome some amount of a salt imbalance's affect on water movement...but that also means higher salt levels being brought into the plant. Leaf curl is often a sign of moisture stress, which can be caused by many things, but definitely fits in this discussion. The burning, when on the edges of the leaves, indicate a toxicity...too much salts in the plant. When a deficiency is showing, it will affect the whole leaf, not the edges.

Just some thoughts for you. :)

•edit• Your pics don't show any significant problem.

The uptake of water can be affected by a salt imbalance issue...higher salt levels in the medium, as compared to salt levels within the plant, make it more difficult for water to permeate the roots, because the water has a natural tendency to move toward the higher levels of salts. That also means that water that does manage to permeate the roots will likely be bringing more salts with it than is necessary. Low humidity environment increases transpiration rates, which acts like a suction pump in the roots. This works to overcome some amount of a salt imbalance's affect on water movement...but that also means higher salt levels being brought into the plant. Leaf curl is often a sign of moisture stress, which can be caused by many things, but definitely fits in this discussion. The burning, when on the edges of the leaves, indicate a toxicity...too much salts in the plant. When a deficiency is showing, it will affect the whole leaf, not the edges.

Just some thoughts for you. :)

•edit• Your pics don't show any significant problem.

Thanks Bob! I noticed they seemed to respond favorably to the last feeding that had a few less ppm's. I'll post some pictures of the issues when I return for you to see. I appreciate all the help and instructions. I really need to step my game up and be a better grower all around, with cannabis and vegetables.

Are you using RO water? Because I experience what appears to be a potassium deficiency, possibly from too much calcium in my tap water. I'm going back to RO water to see if this remedies the situation.

Are you using RO water? Because I experience what appears to be a potassium deficiency, possibly from too much calcium in my tap water. I'm going back to RO water to see if this remedies the situation.

Thanks! I think you just identified what I had going on. I use mostly RO water, occasionally, I would use some of the ro waste water (300ppm) to add to the RO water at at 3:1 ratio (ro:ro waste) thinking I was adding calcium and magnesium. This couple with the doses of calmag was possibly too much Ca and caused this issue, which I thought was calcium, but could possibly be potassium.

004 (4).JPG

003 (3).JPG

002 (4).JPG

001 (5).JPG

Back