Winter Into Spring

Do you put the seed a certain way in the pliers? Do you stand it up so the button is on top and point at the bottom or "long ways" And smash on the seam?

Long ways on the seam makes the most sense to me, other wise much better chance of destroying the seed

How are you going to do that? I'm scared I'll smash them but I'll try it. I know how I can do it, vice grips. No bullshit, I can adjust until they close and then squeeze with the adjustment knob and I wont over tighten it and smash them.

I started sending this out with all the seeds I gift people. It doesn't make non viable seeds viable, but for older dried seeds it really helps. Once they hydrate for 48 hours I can usually crack them between my fingers, I rarely have to use the hash press.

"I use calcium in my feeds, LOTS of calcium. In addition to growingstronger, healthier plants, it can also make the seeds I make veryhard to germinate using standard methods due to very thick, hardshells.

Thisis the protocol I use with great success. It is a little moreinvolved but gives me great germination rates if you follow thesesteps.

STEP1– cut a 100 grit sheet of sandpaper to fit a pill bottle. Placeseeds inside and agitate in a swirling motion for 10-15 minutes. You may have to take a break and let your wrist recover from time totime.

STEP2– Place the seeds in a sanitized container with 2 ml of 3% hydrogenperoxide and 3 ounces of tap water. Soak for 4 hours.

STEP3– Pour off the water/peroxide mix and replace with tap water.

STEP4– Check seeds every 12 hours and plant any seed that shows anexposed taproot.

STEP5– Change the water if it becomes cloudy at all.

STEP6– If no tap roots are showing after 48 hours of soaking, manuallycrack the seed. Often this can be done with just finger pressure,but if that is not possible, I employ a T-handle hash press.

I unscrew the bottom and load the seed. Then with the ram loweredalmost all the way, I gently screw the bottom back on very slowly.

Thismay take some practice to get right, but if you go slowly, you canfeel the seed cover “pop” and crack. At this point I usuallyreturn the seed to the water for 12-24 hours and then plant."

I started sending this out with all the seeds I gift people. It doesn't make non viable seeds viable, but for older dried seeds it really helps. Once they hydrate for 48 hours I can usually crack them between my fingers, I rarely have to use the hash press.

"I use calcium in my feeds, LOTS of calcium. In addition to growingstronger, healthier plants, it can also make the seeds I make veryhard to germinate using standard methods due to very thick, hardshells.

Thisis the protocol I use with great success. It is a little moreinvolved but gives me great germination rates if you follow thesesteps.

STEP1– cut a 100 grit sheet of sandpaper to fit a pill bottle. Placeseeds inside and agitate in a swirling motion for 10-15 minutes. You may have to take a break and let your wrist recover from time totime.

STEP2– Place the seeds in a sanitized container with 2 ml of 3% hydrogenperoxide and 3 ounces of tap water. Soak for 4 hours.

STEP3– Pour off the water/peroxide mix and replace with tap water.

STEP4– Check seeds every 12 hours and plant any seed that shows anexposed taproot.

STEP5– Change the water if it becomes cloudy at all.

STEP6– If no tap roots are showing after 48 hours of soaking, manuallycrack the seed. Often this can be done with just finger pressure,but if that is not possible, I employ a T-handle hash press.

I unscrew the bottom and load the seed. Then with the ram loweredalmost all the way, I gently screw the bottom back on very slowly.

Thismay take some practice to get right, but if you go slowly, you canfeel the seed cover “pop” and crack. At this point I usuallyreturn the seed to the water for 12-24 hours and then plant."

Thanks for reminding me about this DP! You sent those instructions to me. Most of them split between my fingers this morning. I would have never felt that in pliers. I put them back into a paper towel until tonight when I can plant them.

Thanks for reminding me about this DP! You sent those instructions to me. Most of them split between my fingers this morning. I would have never felt that in pliers. I put them back into a paper towel until tonight when I can plant them.

Await your results

Finally getting back into the swing of things with a little mix and match

Whats up! It's been a long time since I posted some pictures. I started a new business and unfortunately the garden took a hit and was neglected. With the generosity of some friends, I was able to get back most things I lost. That's why its good to share when you can. In the next few days going to be flipping the big flower tent and the medium size one. Up to get flipped in the large tent are Gary Payton, Blue Dream, Papaya Cake, Strawberry Cherry Gelato, an unknown thats possibly an ECSD S1, but I dont know, Asian Beauty, and a lone Hawaiian Sativa female. The medium tent has the four Hawaiian Sativa males I got out of trying to start seven beans and going to pollinate clones of Blue Dream, Triangle Kush, RS11, PNG (Paupau New Guinea) x Kashmere, OGKB 2.0 and a cut that came to me as a refined wedding cake. Hope you all are doing well and I'll keep this updated as best I can.

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Thanks [MENTION=3397]Bush Dr[/MENTION], [MENTION=4259]Dawn Patrol[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2658]Olday[/MENTION]!! Thanks for dropping in!!

Starting week 4

Good morning!! Starting week 4. Gave them a sulfur application one week and one day ago and they are looking pretty good. Thanks [MENTION=4246]Lithium[/MENTION]!! Skipping irrigation today because mid day yesterday the pots were a little too heavy for my liking, need to let them dry out a little more. I'll check them later this afternoon to see if they need to catch the evening feed. I havent decided what I'm going to do about the frequency and volume of feed yet, but one or both are getting reduced. I believe this will be my last run in 5 gallon pots, I'm going down to 2.5 or 3, the plants just get too big, and I believe I need to physically see a smaller pot so I dont wait as long to transplant and end up vegging too long. But we'll see, I could still use the 5 gallon and just fill it partially.

The first set of pictures is from about a week ago, then next set is current.

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Current

Whole garden
IMG_0838.jpg

Blue Dream
IMG_0839.jpg

Strawberry Cherry Gelato
IMG_0840.jpg

Gary Payton
IMG_0842.jpg

Another Gary
IMG_0841.jpg

Papaya Cake
IMG_0843.jpg

Asian Beauty - That plant is a little over 5 feet from the top of the pot, not sure why its sideways.
IMG_0844.jpg

Unknown - Was labeled ECSD S1?, but I really dont know WTF it is.
IMG_0845.jpg

Another Asian Beauty. This is the plant thats front center in the whole garden picture and its about 4' tall from the top of the pot, but in a 2.5 gallon. Much more manageable, and I think I can match the yield of the big pot because about 2.5' of the 5' plant is not getting light.
IMG_0846.jpg

And big sexy mamma!! The Hawaiian Sativa. Highly Anticipated!!
IMG_0847.jpg

Damn Digger, tent is booming and everything looks really happy! Also, if you crop the pics even a little they don’t seem to post sideways.

Looking good, digger! What kind of light are you using? I have a couple of flat panel fixtures (Nextlight Megas), and am thinking of switching to a bar-type fixture when I replace them. Heat management and air circulation seem like they would be better with a bar-type fixture; flat panels tend to block air flow....

Damn Digger, tent is booming and everything looks really happy! Also, if you crop the pics even a little they don’t seem to post sideways.

Thanks Olday! So far, I'm very happy everything is seeming to like the same feed. I don't know how to crop the pictures anymore since a windows update took away MS Picture manager. I don't want to touch them, but it's time to pull them out and check for boy parts, and staking them probably wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll be making more Asian Beauty beans, so I'll send some your way when they are done if you're interested. A plant I thought was a female was a male, so that made it one boy and two girls. Had the opposite with the Hawaiians, had one girl and three boys.

For the last time, hopefully, I know [MENTION=1541]Variety[/MENTION] would say different, lmao!! But how long did you say the Asians might go? I cant find the conversations we had about it. I have the calendar marked off for 15 weeks, but I dont think its that long, maybe 12-13.

Last edited:
Looking good, digger! What kind of light are you using? I have a couple of flat panel fixtures (Nextlight Megas), and am thinking of switching to a bar-type fixture when I replace them. Heat management and air circulation seem like they would be better with a bar-type fixture; flat panels tend to block air flow....

Hey 180! Thank you. I use a Chinese replica of a Fluence Spydr. It's lasted about 2.5 years if I remember correctly. I cant say, you get what you pay for, because I have an expensive HLG board in the veg tent and its doing the same thing. I dont know if they got to humid, but I'm kind of starting to look at other lights. Also, looking into a DIY project because everything else on the Spydr replica works, I just have diodes burning out and I cant replace them individually on these strips. The good thing is, the strips unscrew from the heatsink so I can just find some replacement strips and I'll be good to go. I think this set up is about 645w draw from the wall, and I've never run it at 100%.

Hey [MENTION=4224]digger[/MENTION] ..are you doing carbon offsets for Tesla in that tent? Good work dude:thumbsup:

LOL!! I like you Doc, I had to go look that up to get the joke. LOL! Speaking of carbon, I think I'm going to add CO2 once the stretch is over. I think in 1 or 2 weeks I'll be in the clear.

Back