Williams Wonder

I was wondering how long that would take! (no pun intended)
Any way this thread is about Williams Wounder. I remember back in the late 70's maybe even the 80's I had some WW. It was all body heavy indica, went straight to the eyes and made ya tired, and it had kind of a chocolate taste. It was good for some, but I didn't like it, I did, but I didn't.

Last edited:
wow, this is crazy. Thank you @curbside, for all you do=,. All I did was explain my feelings on properly grown bud. I take the time to flush my plants because I don't have everything dialed in like a laboratory. Kinda hard to grow like that in my basement. If bud tastes chemmy and smokes harsh, i toss it.
I do find arrogance very unattractive however. We are all still learning and can learn more. No one has it all. One of the first things I learned when i started growing is you do what works for you and your garden. Yes lots of folks smoke chemmy harsh crap, sold by schysters for a quick buck. I have fought against that practice for decades. I treat cannabis like a fine wine. There's a big difference between what i grow and what those shady assholes put out.
I have so much respect for my clientele that they know they will never get anything but the best from me. That's why I've had some clients for almost 20 years. That's why they come back time after time. They put food on my table and I hold these people in the highest regard. they get the best, frostiest top buds whereas I smoke the fluff and shake in the bottom of the jar. Given how this dude looks at the average smoker, is very insulting and and when people find out about his feelings, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped buying from him. People smoking chemmy crap just need to be educated and smoked out with the good stuff to teach them the difference. Which is why I carry a case holding J's of my gear and smoke out anyone wanting to smoke. When they discover the joy of smoking properly grown buds, it's a like a new day has dawned. I love seeing that light click on in their minds......

as far as how pretty someone's buds are, yes it is nice to have beautiful, multi-colored, rock hard buds. I will point out that I've smoked some great stuff that was total fluff and everyone loved it. I've also smoked beautiful looking buds that tasted like harsh chemmy crap. Honestly, you're going to grind it up and burn it. looks are temporary. Its the smooth flavorful smoke and buzz I, personally, look for........

i'm not going to further this argument. Sorry folks I felt the need to explain my feelings on this.

Last edited:
Williams Wonder Canadian clone (circa early 2000) with a branch hit with Silver Spice pollen. This clone was the complete opposite of the SSSC description of being a late flowering varietal. This plant literally exploded into flower, and was fully finished in 8 weeks. It was stoopid fiya, very potent weed at the time. My wife's cousin still raves to this day that William's Wonder was the best weed he ever got from me...lol! Pretty sure I still have some of these beans buried in the collection somewhere...might have to go diggin' for them?!

Sorry for the pic quality. Top of the line digital camera back in the day! :dazed053:

DSCF0347.JPGDSCF0348.JPGDSCF0349.JPGDSCF0350.JPG

I was going to let this thread go back to WilliamsWonder, but need to set the record straight...farmerlion isn't selling anything. For years, he provided, freely, for cancer patients and has done a lot of charity work. But, yes, he did come into this like a bull in a china shop/wrecking ball...and karma is.

Williams Wonder Canadian clone (circa early 2000) with a branch hit with Silver Spice pollen. This clone was the complete opposite of the SSSC description of being a late flowering varietal. This plant literally exploded into flower, and was fully finished in 8 weeks. It was stoopid fiya, very potent weed at the time. My wife's cousin still raves to this day that William's Wonder was the best weed he ever got from me...lol! Pretty sure I still have some of these beans buried in the collection somewhere...might have to go diggin' for them?!

Sorry for the pic quality. Top of the line digital camera back in the day! :dazed053:

View attachment 357157View attachment 357158View attachment 357159View attachment 357160
wow that's beautiful! Yup the super Sativa Seed Cub - SSSC did that. For decades, a couple guys in Omaha ran it. Called it the Omaha Willies. After so many years, the clone/mother became unstable and would hermie like crazy. You couldn't get a bag that didn't have seeds in it. I even tried growing it and mine hermied. The thing is the smoke was so good. people didn't care about the beans........
Sickmeds continued the line with but i don't they have it any longer. Actually i see Sickmeds gear has been discontinued over at Attitude. I'm not sure if they are still a thing or not. I'd love to get some WW beans though anyone have any idea where they might be available?

Last edited:
I’ve had good luck with Pacific seed bank, I grabbed a handful of S1 3 packs and they seem to be as advertised strain wise. Had a hard time finding an Iranian landrace (mag landrace that works great for my wife’s med struggles). Did there sour, chem and a couple of others and they were inline with what I’d expect. I know @guymandude has used them as well. For the price it may not be a bad place to start if you’re ok with fems. Williams Wonder was some of the first indoor we saw consistently and was the poster child for heavy couch lock weed. Throw on some Black Sabbath and settle in 😂

i hav
I’ve had good luck with Pacific seed bank, I grabbed a handful of S1 3 packs and they seem to be as advertised strain wise. Had a hard time finding an Iranian landrace (mag landrace that works great for my wife’s med struggles). Did there sour, chem and a couple of others and they were inline with what I’d expect. I know @guymandude has used them as well. For the price it may not be a bad place to start if you’re ok with fems. Williams Wonder was some of the first indoor we saw consistently and was the poster child for heavy couch lock weed. Throw on some Black Sabbath and settle in 😂
e had great results with Pacific Seed Bank so far. I'm leaning towards the Old School Breeders for the WW though. Like I said they do mention the original from SSSC.

and I'm more of a Pink Floyd/Grateful Dead kinda stoner, although lately when things get really weird, I like to put on some Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain or Bitches Brew

Was always curious about WWonder.
Grew a couple of Dman's Spellbound a long time ago which was SD x WW. Unfortunately hermed on me so I never tried it. I was always intrigued by the claim that it would only flower indoors.

I remember when this was going around Dayton ohio in the early to mid 90s we need to start a thread for all the people just setting on old strains letting them go bad and letting people start doing something with them I gave all my stuff away when I moved but most I gave away people said they didn't Crack made me sad now I can't get them back keep the ww going don't let it die I love the oldies

Back