Whats you favorite scissor ?

I have a couple pairs of these Coronas. They work very well for me. Got them on clearance at Sears for $5 each a few years ago. They're listed at about $15 on the Corona site.

fs4120_lrg.jpg

with OUTWEST on the Chikamasa T-500. They hold an edge way better than the fiskars, and you can sharpen them more as well, once they dull.

A little trick I like for the trim table, regardless of scissor brand-
get a little tea warmer coil or coaster or mini crock pot, a small container of ethyl (grain 190 proof alcohol), and fill a container that fits your scissors. When you need to clean, heat up your alcohol real quickly, turn off your heat, dip your scissors, and wipe. Clean as new in seconds.

I keep a bic lighter on hand when the scissors get gummed up i hit them with the lighter for about 5 seconds and wipe with paper towel whole thing takes like 10 seconds and I am back to trimming:D

2b2s

Fiskars micro tip is the choice of most trimmers in these parts and what I use personally..
at this time of year in Mendocino hardware stores will have barrels filled with them and they sell fast..

since constant cleaning is required we use candles to heat up the blades and then wipe clean with a paper towel that has been dabbed with olive oil..makes it easier to wipe the scissors clean and keeps the blades lubricated.....

Back