Whats you favorite scissor ?

i like the bonsai type, hydrofarm ones are ok in a pinch but i prefer the ARS brand

s-l500.jpg

I have many all spring loaded .
Some curved and pointy and rounded tip .. others straight with pointy and rounded tip

I use a saw to cut my tree's

thumb and forefinger............:peace:

ganj on.....................

Fiskars Micro-Tip Snips, the spring loaded just like stretch and kegs use. Buying a few new pairs here shortly.

outwest

Mainly use fiskars, but recently got a pair of hydrofarm with the curved blade. Im liking the curved blade for following the contour of the bud and the convex side is decent for getting in close without using the tips.

i can not use the spring loaders

removing a loop from the spring takes some pressure off , but then you need to fix it so the spring doesn't pop off :wacko:

Having overly large hands/fingers , I prefer the full sized Fiskars gardening pruners . Easy on my hands . Those lil` spring loaded jobbies end up cramping my hands . Big ol` Fiskars don`t !
peace

from my years of working in the operating room, I use 8 inch Meztenbaum scissors and 4 inch tenotomy scissors

metzenbaum scissors

tenotomy scissors
]
]you won't find anything that stays sharp for as long as these scissors. No they don't have springs but they are made for comfort in use and my hands never cramp when trimming

I use two pairs. First for fan leaves and small branches I use a pair similar to what may have displayed. But, being a fly tier for the last 30 years I have quite a collection of tungsten tipped fly tying scissors. They work great if you trim really close. A good pair is $30 so a bit pricey but worth it if you really want a close trim.

from my years of working in the operating room, I use 8 inch Meztenbaum scissors and 4 inch tenotomy scissors

All Dang Day. A little more money up front, but they stay sharp forever and allow for the quickest trim in town... in my experience, anyway

http://www.amazon.com/Chikamasa-Stainless-Scissors-Fluorine-Resin-resistant/dp/B00JSYB9I6

i like the bonsai type, hydrofarm ones are ok in a pinch but i prefer the ARS brand

So, do any of you guys notice any difference with the lack of a return spring?

Back