Whats you favorite scissor ?

So, do any of you guys notice any difference with the lack of a return spring?

I am slower and my hands don't work hard to open sticky scissors they are helped ...but then again when ya do a lb a day hands will get tired and scissor will stick :)

I love my spring loaded scissors.. they were only $10 with shipping..

The titanium coated blades stay very sharp and the scissor hash slides right off of them.. I'd like to get a tiny bladed pair for the final trimming in close..

I use gardening shears to take them down, remove most of the large shade leafs by hand just pulling them off and hang them to dry.. all I can say is these babies have made trimming too easy..

This is how they sell them on the site:
GRO1 Titanium Coated Straight Blade Trimming Grow Scissor Hydropoincs
$7.50 + frt.... worth every penny...

scissors titanium.jpg

I love scissors like that for detail work and de-boning from the stems but for the bulk of my trimming I use a very sharp pair of non gardening scissors

i have old school fiskars, must be 20 years old, still perfect. I dont like spring loaded ones, handles too bulky, fatiguing for me.

Huge fan of the ars 320dxm. Razor sharp high carbon Japanese steel was with a slightly swept blade.
Bonsai style, no spring.

Those are fisker micro blade knockoffs Carty.
What site did you go through so I can bookmark it?

from my years of working in the operating room, I use 8 inch Meztenbaum scissors and 4 inch tenotomy scissors
Got those and a few small iris scissors. I do miss all my gold handled needle holders though.

Reactions: pi
I always much preferred hair cutting scissors. Very sharp, nice point and not too hard on the hands. Those spring loaded ones were never comfortable for me.

I don't know if this is the issue some have with the spring loaded ones or not, but you can cut a small portion of the spring off and its easier to close. less fatigue on your hands/wrists/joints..

I read folks doing that while back. just thought I'd remind.

:magic:

fiskars have cple pair of em that spring is a life saver for those with arthritis . now best pair i ever owned were antique Japanese bonsai snips plain n black . years ago i did order a 3 pair set of golden dragon handle bonsai snips but they dull fairly quickly and need sharpening . fiskars have proven themselves over time to a great many of folks . i have to agree with few with hair cutting shears if ya ever get chance to get Joewell shears they hold a sharp edge .

ARS and te similar chikimasa have overtaken the fiskar as the most popular trim scissor in norcal. We dry trim so your milage may vary. They also dont break like fiskars when cutting thicker stems during take down.

ARS and te similar chikimasa have overtaken the fiskar as the most popular trim scissor in norcal. We dry trim so your milage may vary. They also dont break like fiskars when cutting thicker stems during take down.

Which models of these brands?

outwest

Not sure on model numbers but the coated curved tipped chikimasa from dazeys is the one they want. Took me awhile to change from fiskars they made me a believer with their durability.

Dollar store

They come in a two pack with a pair of the larger ones on the right.( one of each )
I usually buy 5 pair at a time.
You have to look at them closely in the store though.
Sometimes they don't quite close perfectly at the tip making them almost useless for trimming.
It's easy to tell,if you look the ''bad'' ones have a small gap at the tip when they are completely closed. . :pl:

Attachments

• GEDC2663.jpg
    GEDC2663.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 3
  • GEDC2661.jpg
    GEDC2661.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
Just got a pair of these --- really like them

645d5ce3f866aa5a8207f920e8844aa2.jpg

They'll end up like the rest of them --

f90f4101f3c147273b865c72dd604fab.jpg

I don't trim but my staff request the same as stretch. Have box's full of rejects but those keep getting recycled with new used springs.

They come in a two pack with a pair of the larger ones on the right.( one of each )
I usually buy 5 pair at a time.
You have to look at them closely in the store though.
Sometimes they don't quite close perfectly at the tip making them almost useless for trimming.
It's easy to tell,if you look the ''bad'' ones have a small gap at the tip when they are completely closed. . :pl:

One of the best tips on here for buying scissors I seen.. making sure they close up tightly to avoid all the over working of our hands.. nothing more frustrating then going clip, clip, clip and the F'n branch just keeps folding into the scissors without being cut.. lol. nice one Bear :up:

Note: If you want extremely sharp scissors and well made, ask a person who cuts hair for a living where they buy theirs at.. if their scissors are not sharp and stay sharp your looking at a lot of split ends..
so next question to ask is: How do you sharpen your scissors??

nice thread btw

Back