What’s Old is New Again!

Fall indica run is on its way, so far we have
- Hippy Slayer (took first cut from the cut I received today, TY G!)
- Pre-98 Bubba (S1s)
- NLxAfghani (joti stock, cross from ccrow)
- 88g13hp f3? (I’ll have to check the seed pack it came in)

Hopefuls, Mag (Iranian) Landrace and maybe throw the truffle cake in there to catch some pollen if any good males show up.

Trying to think of any heavy hitters I’m not thinking of for this one. It will be super weird running my tent with no tall ladies in the corner for a few months)

I'm an indica-lover and I loves me some Pre-98 Bubba Kush. It's one of the ones that cuts through whatever else you've smoked, so that, after a hit or two, you're like, NOW I'm stoned. Olday, where are the Pre-98 S1s from?

I've been wondering about the Hippy Slayer, G certainly raves about it. That's a Bodhi creation, isn't it... Oh, I see he made Dirty Hippie and someone else made the final cross.

I'm an indica-lover and I loves me some Pre-98 Bubba Kush. It's one of the ones that cuts through whatever else you've smoked, so that, after a hit or two, you're like, NOW I'm stoned. Olday, where are the Pre-98 S1s from?

I've been wondering about the Hippy Slayer, G certainly raves about it. That's a Bodhi creation, isn't it... Oh, I see he made Dirty Hippie and someone else made the final cross.

S1s were from twenty20 Mendocino, not sure from when as I traded for them. I was running Boo’s cut of Babu (pre98 x Katsu from nspecta/csi) for a while which was really nice if taken to at least 10 weeks but sadly lost it treating root aphids so I’m hoping for a good representation. I’ve never held the pre-98 cut but did have the Katsu cut for a while but I could never make it shine, my crappy growing or maybe the cut lost a step over time. I’ve got pics of the Babu on my Instagram ( oldbay_steam ) or I can dig some up if you would like.

As far as the hippy slayer, this is what I was able to track down

(not my words) Hippy Slayer is Dirty Hippy – “Snow Lotus Sister” (Afgooey x Blockhead) crossed with Road Kill Skunk from the Jim Ortega line.

DirtyHippy X Road Kill Skunk = Hippy Slayer

Mine was pulled from one of 12 packs ever made of this cross. Bodhi ran several and didn't care for what he saw. DoobieDuck was the only other one I actually saw run from the originals, but I know the others were auctioned off at TSD and were gone in minutes. If this pheno was pulled by anyone else, it's not been seen and that was close to 15 years ago. The smoke is insane and so is the RKS, can't breed anything with its wild ass thats stable....by far the most potent smoke I have ever smoked...and smells like a nasty dirty hippy who got hit with a skunk, its very very loud.

I can vouch for the “loud” as she’s only been here as a cut for a week or two and even in veg she stinks, like not by rubbing the stem and sniffing your fingers but just having your nose by her while working in the garden. May need a new carbon scrubber ;)

If you have any other favorite couch lockers I’m all ears as I don’t normally run a lot of them in my tent, I may even switch my light back to 12/12 from 11/13 where it has been for years now to cater to my sativas.

Damn, Panama haze has me chatty this morning it seems

Unfortunately, I don't really know too many others. The various Bubba Kush cuts and variants are famous for that high, and I don't know of similar. A lot of people describe G13 as "knock your dick in the dirt," but I found her not very exciting. It seems most of the newer Cookies hybrids and similar are indica-derived, but I have zero experience with that stuff.

One thing I will say, it's all about the phenotype: I have a Great White Shark clone that I got from labud back in the day, she's "75% Sativa" but has a relaxing, euphoric buzz, and finishes in 8 weeks (sounds like an "Indica," right?).

The killer a5 haze I have is very Sativa dominant, went like 14-15 weeks, a toke or two and it’s what you would expect but a few more in and I am glued to my seat watching the wall behind the tv that is on. Love it, but not what I was expecting

I've been wondering about the Hippy Slayer, G certainly raves about it. That's a Bodhi creation, isn't it... Oh, I see he made Dirty Hippie and someone else made the final cross.[/QUOTE

well, Hippy Slayer is Dirty Hippy x Road Kill Unicorn, as Bodhi p.ut i.t This Hip[p[y Slayer is a phenotype of that, not a cross with something else. .I think there are others out there where is cross is involved, personally that's not the real hippy slayer. This cut was passed around Compassion Central for the past 10 years or so

I've been wondering about the Hippy Slayer, G certainly raves about it. That's a Bodhi creation, isn't it... Oh, I see he made Dirty Hippie and someone else made the final cross.[/QUOTE

well, Hippy Slayer is Dirty Hippy x Road Kill Unicorn, as Bodhi p.ut i.t This Hip[p[y Slayer is a phenotype of that, not a cross with something else. .I think there are others out there where is cross is involved, personally that's not the real hippy slayer. This cut was passed around Compassion Central for the past 10 years or so
She is taking off in veg, first cut (I topped it) is close to roots and at this rate she’ll be in the flower tent in a week or two. How long do you like to run her for? I’m guessing about 10 weeks?

I looked online and Twenty20 Mendocino still has Pre-98 Bubba S1s for sale ($60+shipping for six seeds). I was tempted, but I've got plenty of worthy seeds waiting to be popped, so I restrained myself. ;)

I looked online and Twenty20 Mendocino still has Pre-98 Bubba S1s for sale ($60+shipping for six seeds). I was tempted, but I've got plenty of worthy seeds waiting to be popped, so I restrained myself. ;)

They are popped and above soil along with the others so I’ll let you know how they go and I’ll likely be taking cuts in case I find a winner (small sample size though, only two beans)

How's that Hippy Slayer coming along my friend? I should send you some LA Confidential this fall. Just started a new mom too.

They are popped and above soil along with the others so I’ll let you know how they go and I’ll likely be taking cuts in case I find a winner (small sample size though, only two beans)

An empire was built off of literally a few more beans than that. I think you have a good chance. LOL

How's that Hippy Slayer coming along my friend? I should send you some LA Confidential this fall. Just started a new mom too.

Had a rocky start in veg, after I took clones (which took well fortunately) I way over fed and burned her a bit. Took a couple of weeks to get her back in shape but she was doing well enough to go into the flower tent on Friday. She’s looking good now but if the early stress gives her grief I’ve got another one behind her if needed. I take it the LA conf is treating you well then? Still a bit toasty for the mail up here but should be cooking off soon enough.

Had a rocky start in veg, after I took clones (which took well fortunately) I way over fed and burned her a bit. Took a couple of weeks to get her back in shape but she was doing well enough to go into the flower tent on Friday. She’s looking good now but if the early stress gives her grief I’ve got another one behind her if needed. I take it the LA conf is treating you well then? Still a bit toasty for the mail up here but should be cooking off soon enough.

the LA is great. just started a new mom so i should be able to get clones here in a couple weeks. How's the stink on the Hippy Slayer?

the LA is great. just started a new mom so i should be able to get clones here in a couple weeks. How's the stink on the Hippy Slayer?

She’s foul! (I’m a good way) It does smell like a dirty hippy sprayed by a skunk and we don’t have hairs yet. Definitely doesn’t smell like anything else in there.

She’s foul! (I’m a good way) It does smell like a dirty hippy sprayed by a skunk and we don’t have hairs yet. Definitely doesn’t smell like anything else in there.
wait til you smoke her. Add a salt component to the body odor and it tastes like you're sucking on someone's toes. I like to picture myself sucking on Kate Hudson's toes while I smoke the Hippy Slayer

Last edited:
wait tik you smoke her. Add a salt component to the body odor and it tastes like you're sucking on someone's toes. I like to picture myself sucking on Kate Hudson's toes while I smoke the Hippy Slayer

Lmao, I’ll be sure to let you know ;)

Back