Trimmers

well thankfully i got a lady now , so hopefully that will help a bit...i have trust issues (as in i trust no one) so that has stopped me from bringing over random girls im fucking to trim, or else id have a small army helping out trust me ;)...doing that in florida will get you robbed with the quickness..so i learned to be on some secret society shit with my garden...old habits ya know

was just teasing hendo, a much needed day off and some good coffee brings out the hispanic shit talker in me , much love brother :taunt:

most wouldn't understand what it takes to survive in florida.. Ive been in your shows for most my life.. so looking forward to those days being over.

TK was telling me the Satellite trimmer was tits and hes used it as well as hand trimmers. Im looking at getting one I think. get at me when you get some time Colby. best wishes and talk soon I hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcwHyj628os

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij_wxfRUWH4

or check out videos for the wander trimmer. watch this video DJM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-fdDBRXT1Q

Last edited:
I`d like to see a serve put up. One for dry and one for wet. It would have ratings for ease of use, cleaning , durability, trim quality and such. Each machine would have a model and manufacture recommended price. Anyone who has used them could rate the product. This way we could all compare the machines. I for one think the best of them will leave some hand refinement to the product , but about how much and what end run quality vs. time , price, durability and cleaning ease ? I`d be happy with a dry trimmer that did 60-70% of the job and didn`t mess up the buds doing it. Have to be no more than $4000 and be easy to keep up, get parts for (and durable).

quote mc
"I`d be happy with a dry trimmer that did 60-70% of the job and didn`t mess up the buds doing it. Have to be no more than $4000 and be easy to keep up, get parts for (and durable)."

the old trim pro regular is fine for that imho
you can use it gently..it will take off most of the leaves
ye even the big fans
and if you do not rub everything around you and up with
not totally trimmed weed..with not much of the resin smershed

a super trim is an expensive twister like dveice that does a close job but at a
resin globual loss price

the fairly spin pro "rubber fingers " machine i feel does a pretty good [cheaper mschine]trim job
but
as the buds roll around…

well you know what happens

Welcome? Ive been in trimmer hell for 12 years , its my second home brother ive been trimming all my crops solo my entire career, never hired a trimmer once in 12 years...you wanna see trimmer hell? Trim a few hundred haze plants by yourself for days on end during rain storms in the summer , in the swamp with 100% RH..then hike it out a few miles in the dark and drive it home, in florida..and repeat every 2 months...thats hell...or trim 12kw by yourself while you eat potatoes and ramen to stay alive, 16 hours a day for 3 straight weeks till you have a nervous breakdown and start talking to the scissors...all while transplanting and prepping the next cycle...all by yourself...then repeat it every 3 months , and you have a pretty accurate representation of my life...hell is an understatement

Do what you like; but, Like what you do.

well thankfully i got a lady now , so hopefully that will help a bit...i have trust issues (as in i trust no one) so that has stopped me from bringing over random girls im fucking to trim, or else id have a small army helping out trust me ;)...doing that in florida will get you robbed with the quickness..so i learned to be on some secret society shit with my garden...old habits ya know

was just teasing hendo, a much needed day off and some good coffee brings out the hispanic shit talker in me , much love brother :taunt:

I love it when guys are legal and still know how to keep their business THEIR BUSINESS.

were ninjas down here. we just take that shit with us. :d2:

hand trimming only over here. tried a trimpro manual, fuck that.
I'd have to be growing SO much weed before I considered a trim machine after my last experience with one.

we trim wet down here. seems not so popular elsewhere.

My new neighbor is running 2 spots . He fired 20 people and bought 3 rim pals.

He felt his yields wer up either from a lack of theft or that the trimm machine works better

Either way I can barely tell the difference between a trimmer ran correctly or the manual method.

Another friends trim bill was 80k last year.

I'm going to buy 2 myself.

My stepfather makes all the barrel blades for the twisters ( I have 2 free blades)

Going to try and make a twister copy with my mechanic buddy.

I like the wet trimmers for big tops and the trim pal for the mids and smalls

I love it when guys are legal and still know how to keep their business THEIR BUSINESS.

were ninjas down here. we just take that shit with us. :d2:

hand trimming only over here. tried a trimpro manual, fuck that.
I'd have to be growing SO much weed before I considered a trim machine after my last experience with one.

we trim wet down here. seems not so popular elsewhere.

thanks brother..people just dont understand..you have to grow up in that world to get it..its a war zone..i have legit ptsd from getting raided right before i moved here and once before that..lost everything i ever owned in 2011 and flew out here 6 days later with a bookbag and 7 grand wearing cargo shorts and flip flops in mid november..been here since..for real

yeah i never dry trimmed until i moved here...fucking hate that shit...takes 3x as long to dry trim, getting resin in your eyeballs and shit...BUT i dry trim sometimes for a few reasons..the main one is timing..if i wet trimmed, it would take 7 days to do, taking down a table and a half a day or so...so if i wet trimmed id have shit taken all at different days with diff flush times and drying at different times..making processing and curing a nightmare..ive tried it..dry trimming also allows me to dry in another room and get the next cycle moved in and flipped in 2-3 weeks..then get to the trimming as time allows...thats the only benefit of dry trimming to me...anything under 4-5kw i wet trim , anything over i dry trim...if i had help to knock it out in 2 days id only wet trim

its not popular out here because people arent doing it right...you need humidity and a packed drying room with no fans to slow down the dry, if not, shit will smell like hay...then you need to bag it with some moisture and burp it out daily for 2-4 weeks to the perfect level..but if you bag too wet or dont burp right it will smell like hay too..its an art to dry and cure a wet trim...dry trimming is idiot proof...thats why most growers out here do a dry trim... a wet trim does take 2x longer to cure to perfection, but cures much better than a dry trim does..atleast how i do it..moisture is necessary for a cure and alot of dry trimmed shit is waaaaay too dry to cure right...as with everything, there are variables...its funny because all the fl boys i talk to do that shit exactly the same with a wet trim, yet no one taught us how and you cant learn it on forums...something in the water down there :catchawave:

My new neighbor is running 2 spots . He fired 20 people and bought 3 rim pals.

He felt his yields wer up either from a lack of theft or that the trimm machine works better

Either way I can barely tell the difference between a trimmer ran correctly or the manual method.

Another friends trim bill was 80k last year.

I'm going to buy 2 myself.

My stepfather makes all the barrel blades for the twisters ( I have 2 free blades)

Going to try and make a twister copy with my mechanic buddy.

I like the wet trimmers for big tops and the trim pal for the mids and smalls

bro!!!! great to see you man...been wanting to hit you up but i lost your number in my old burner..drop me a line!

thanks brother..people just dont understand..you have to grow up in that world to get it..its a war zone..i have legit ptsd from getting raided right before i moved here and once before that..lost everything i ever owned in 2011 and flew out here 6 days later with a bookbag and 7 grand wearing cargo shorts and flip flops in mid november..been here since..for real

yeah i never dry trimmed until i moved here...fucking hate that shit...takes 3x as long to dry trim, getting resin in your eyeballs and shit...BUT i dry trim sometimes for a few reasons..the main one is timing..if i wet trimmed, it would take 7 days to do, taking down a table and a half a day or so...so if i wet trimmed id have shit taken all at different days with diff flush times and drying at different times..making processing and curing a nightmare..ive tried it..dry trimming also allows me to dry in another room and get the next cycle moved in and flipped in 2-3 weeks..then get to the trimming as time allows...thats the only benefit of dry trimming to me...anything under 4-5kw i wet trim , anything over i dry trim...if i had help to knock it out in 2 days id only wet trim

its not popular out here because people arent doing it right...you need humidity and a packed drying room with no fans to slow down the dry, if not, shit will smell like hay...then you need to bag it with some moisture and burp it out daily for 2-4 weeks to the perfect level..but if you bag too wet or dont burp right it will smell like hay too..its an art to dry and cure a wet trim...dry trimming is idiot proof...thats why most growers out here do a dry trim... a wet trim does take 2x longer to cure to perfection, but cures much better than a dry trim does..atleast how i do it..moisture is necessary for a cure and alot of dry trimmed shit is waaaaay too dry to cure right...as with everything, there are variables...its funny because all the fl boys i talk to do that shit exactly the same with a wet trim, yet no one taught us how and you cant learn it on forums...something in the water down there :catchawave:

did you check out this link? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-fdDBRXT1Q

anyone seen or tried these?

Last edited:
I like to wet trim while the leafs are still sticken out so much easier

So is there a consensus on the best trimmer? Maybe put a poll up...T4 does it for me gonna get 1 in a month unless something better comes out

I hear ya... anything over 5-6K and I'd do just like you... nothing big over here at the moment... I wet trim everything in a night or 2, hang for a week, de stem into a large container, burp that shit for a week or so then see if its ready. throwing it in the freezer overnight after first bagging it is a trick I picked up as well. I hear people talk about humidity a lot... throwing out these super low numbers... I regularly dry in 60% or so and damn near always grow in it unless its winter. plants love it.

Just have to say that I really learned a lot about the automatic trimming machines and the process as a whole this year. Up to now, I would not even consider using or having it done to my garden after watching videos and then seeing product produced.

Things changed this year when we worked with some friends who were having their second crop done by a service who use the Twister, Trim Pros and a hand crew (of the highest caliber I have ever seen, BTW)

Being able to see this and work it in person rather than see it and make decisions from video clips made all the difference. I am a hands on gotta touch and feel it type. Further, these men who are running the twister have really developed a skill set for the machine as a tool, the process as well as are very knowledgeable about the plant, strains and ripeness. I think it makes them very unique.

The final product is very high quality.

To go from 14 man hours per pound to harvest and process to 2 man hours is life changing for me.

I bought 2 used trim pals ( the bigger ones) .

As a result I have downsized my trim crew from 10 to 3 people.

Makes for a way mello trim scene ...

Everybody sorry I haven't got back to you have been 24/7 spinning them things ..

Best of luck with the wet and or dry trimmers ..

Keep me clean .

Oh and coconut Pam works better than olive oil.

Aloha

The trim pal works better than the wet trim machines. You need to have the bud dry, and clip the petiole but it works. The down side is from all the tumbling it rounds the buds off and knocks the trichs off then all the trich dust covers the bud. Still if you can sell it then go for it. Not for the picky cali market.

The trim pal works better than the wet trim machines. You need to have the bud dry, and clip the petiole but it works. The down side is from all the tumbling it rounds the buds off and knocks the trichs off then all the trich dust covers the bud. Still if you can sell it then go for it. Not for the picky cali market.

Thank you for that info Shmokin....I need to find a way to speed up my outdoor harvest but I`m still undecided on which machine to buy...I cant take people out to the woods and I sure as hell aint bringing the harvest home...any more help on this subject would be greatly appreciated...take care n stay safe.

Maybe a work station with five naked women away from the grow Ribs .:kizz:

Good one Bart...I already have a Trim Pro and 2 portable hand cranked Spin Pros...But I could really use the five naked women but I would settle for one ,lol...the problem with cutting it down and then trying to transport it on ATV`s is that all the leaves get stuck to the buds...it`s very remote and a rough ride...in the end you have bins full of compacted buds that are a bitch to clean.
I was thinking that maybe I can do a mass de-foliation on the last few visits before harvest...but then I worry about all the dead and dying leaf stems attracting rot or mold...I spent way to much time in the woods last fall doing it all by hand...I don't want to have to repeat that process...still lots of time to figure it all out...take care n stay safe.

Back