Low PPM Nutes...(Beta Tester Thread)

Dman....when you say your mix is like ProMix, can I ask it if is heavily limed, gypsumed, oyster shelled? I am curious if you are counting on Ca, Mg, S or micros from the soil itself?

And if no would you mind sharing the elemental ppm of those?

From what I gather it is built in the formula . I have said to him I may go perlite next grow and there way no discussion or recomendation on useing it .In fact I think he recommends that you DONT USE ANY .

I use very good professional meters, but more important is if they give every time the same reading.
Some meters are very unstable and/or temp. dependent.

I had one cheap Chinese EC meter that was often +/- 0,4 EC off.
So, that one got in the bin.

So, a good meter gives you a nice control in a hydro setup.
But in soil (specially with a high clay/humus complex) you can get a build up from salts.
There the Fertometer is of great help.
This is a cheap meter that you stick directly in the soil. It measure the EC.

EC 0,000 - 0,350 ORANGE
EC 0,350 - 1,055 GREEN
EC 1,055 - xxxxx RED

So, when you want to have a low EC, avoid the red led. Than you stay below (effective) 1 EC.
Some strains like a bit more, like Santa Maria.
Strains like Mango Haze like a low EC of the soil.

Last edited:
This is a cheap meter that you stick directly in the soil. It measure the EC.

EC 0,000 - 0,350 ORANGE
EC 0,350 - 1,055 GREEN
EC 1,055 - xxxxx RED

So, when you want to have a low EC, avoid the red led. Than you stay below (effective) 1 EC.
Some strains like a bit more, like Santa Maria.
Strains like Mango Haze like a low EC of the soil.

Excellant advice Bro next purchase will be one of those it does seem like my soil has lil build up .I am still in the learning curve as to how much to give with the new GR conditions . The pen I bought wasnot cheapIt has a temp/variation built in as it compensates for the temp and adjusts for this variable.
Whoa Bro u do know your gear . Thats why I picked the more expensive pen at 100 bucks as apposed to the 16-25 dollar models . Hopefully I made the best choice even though i really couldnt afford the tester and at the same time couldnt afford not to have one .

Last edited:
day 16 flower

250 ppm's

ph 5.6

and full wattage this time

hint 50% dialed down quantums give 25% of full strength

grows nice foliage and cute buds

but in the end its wussy

gimmie 1k's

those were "cute" eh?

these babies look great! can't wait to see 'em at full strength

31 days

.3 for me still no real signs of def .
Was going to increase to .4 - .5 but figure Ill leave at the recommended rate by dman .
This way peeps can see the results by weight measurement only . (ph. 6.3 soil )

.3 for me still no real signs of def .
Was going to increase to .4 - .5 but figure Ill leave at the recommended rate by dman .
This way peeps can see the results by weight measurement only . (ph. 6.3 soil )

Lookin' great Pa! :yum:

All you beta testers remember...the reccy's were only that, reccy's. Every environment is different and you may need to play around with ph/ppm/ec to suit your specific needs. Having said that, I would advise not going any where near the 300-350 ppm MAX reccy I gave folks....it's simpley not needed. 225-250 ppm is plenty to grow massive, uber-clean burnin' budz. :drums:

Lookin' great Pa! :yum:

All you beta testers remember...the reccy's were only that, reccy's. Every environment is different and you may need to play around with ph/ppm/ec to suit your specific needs. Having said that, I would advise not going any where near the 300-350 ppm MAX reccy I gave folks....it's simpley not needed. 225-250 ppm is plenty to grow massive, uber-clean burnin' budz. :drums:
Thanks Bro its all in the nutez
and for the heads up on the 350 Max .
:study:

i will add ..Dman

that these plants under full wattage are sucking down my nutes

everyday now by 100 ppm's..so i am topping up with heavier doses

to stay at 250

other wise it would res change everyday

and ye knoweth i r knott that hambtious

Lower ECs definitely jack up the transpiration forcing one to feed more often. I wonder if the increased transpiration/feeding don't add up to close to the same amount of nutes being used anyways.

Even so I still like lower ECs...transpiration is required for Ca and B transport in the plant so I believe the plant ends up considerably healthier with low EC and more frequent feeding.

It is similar to the rDWC concept, lower EC fed constantly. And my theory is that by bringing more Ca into the plant the faster growth can be supported. Just a theory.

day what ever
250 ppm ferts ph 5.5
going fine

wayward son re your "maybe they eat the same amount anyway" statement might be correct....

i didn't do the par meter test...

just the.."its works good at 50% but yieldwillsucksemiwind"

the nutes r solid imho.......

"the nutes r solid imho....... "
yes, that particular 'blend' as well as this whole 'low ppm' idea...both solid

wk 6

sprayed a bit of [ok ]stuff for a bit of pm last week due to dead air spots

Ramped up more fans...seems ok now

the leaves may get a bit ratty due to much air movement...

but so far so ok

eating more than 225 ppm's...
add h20 some times
add a bit more nutes..
just go by feel...

but never on the high side

and Foe20..that teeny white spot in the cola is the flash..not pm..hahahaha

love that active avatar boc

wk 8@ 225 ppms ph 5.7

will taper off though using this low ppm's from what i have tasted

doesn't affect it much

its a 9 wk strain for me

going to try fulvic and maybe humic next go

and will add cal mag to hydro res

since seriously using it for the wand watered [next] transplants turned my life around

after they got the uglies and seeing what it did for them

i used 200 ppm's of cal/mag along with the 225 and it has made my 2012 a success

already via lack of pain..

thanks dman even the ultra fussy organic patient has only good things to say and is not trying to make me go organic

i think it produced more resin this time ,i know they are more dense...

Back