Low PPM Nutes...(Beta Tester Thread)

DMAN

Just chillin’
Staff member
Heya Folks, :wavey:

This thread is to track the progress of a new low PPM nutrient that a few TCC folks have graciously agreed to beta test for me. :big_boss:

All beta testers please use this thread to post results/comments/questions. :ty:
-------------------------------------------------------

Nute info....

It's a very easy 2 part dry fert (Veg/Bloom) to use, 100% water soluble. Just ph adjust your starting h20, take note of your base ppm’s, and bring it up by 225-350 ppm’s (MAX) with nutes. PH for hydro and all soilless/coco media should be 5.8 for a base line start.

Application rates for the 20-10-20 (veg) are approx 0.3 grams/L or 1.2 grams/gal.
Once you switch to the 15-10-30 bloom formula (1 week into flower), you'll use slightly less than the veg formula. Bloom ratios are approx 0.2 grams/L or 1 gram/gal....finish with a 7 day plain h20 flush.

Keep in mind, these amounts are just base reccy's and some minor tweaks +/- may be needed on your end to get ppm's where you want (225-350 ppm’s). Feel free to play around with nute ppm’s, but please try and stay within the 350 ppm max parameter. If on a constant feed, stick with lower ppm's (225-250 ppm). Periodic feedings should be in the 300-350 ppm range. Again, feel free to experiment. :smarty:

Also, please do not use any additives (CalMag, Liquid Karma, Bloom Boosters...etc.). This batch has a full range of Cal/Mg/Micros...no additives should be needed. :thumright:

hopefully you all will have better luck with those nutes. not sure which brand you are using but some other brands when used at traditional ppm levels make the plant smoke like shit. terrible flavor or total lack of flavor and smell.

i've been using H&G and run my nutes well below the traditional ppm level. probably 2x-3x higher then the ppm's you are all using(500-750 ppm's).

a few times in life i've learned more isn't always better :D

good luck to everyone with the test.

hopefully you all will have better luck with those nutes. not sure which brand you are using but some other brands when used at traditional ppm levels make the plant smoke like shit. terrible flavor or total lack of flavor and smell.

i've been using H&G and run my nutes well below the traditional ppm level. probably 2x-3x higher then the ppm's you are all using(500-750 ppm's).

a few times in life i've learned more isn't always better :D

good luck to everyone with the test.

Sorta like...."it's not the size of the wand, it's the magic in it!"...hehe! :)

These specific low ppm nutes do not have a brand name, nor are they commercially available at this time. I know a guy that owns a large scale hydroponic nute company. He "custom blends" nutes for the hydroponic greenhouse industry. He's got a couple of phd's in plant biology/plant nutrition, and just happens to be a stoner...lol. :rollitup:

I ran some ideas past him, and he banged out a beta-blend that he thought would cover a wide spectrum of h20 conditions. We're just seein' where it goes with these beta tests before making any commitments to any commercial availability. :unsure:

Lotsa Gov red-tape up here in Canada when selling nutes of any kind. :cheesegrater:

Standard nute ingredient labels alone are a nightmare, not to mention Gov commercial nute licensing/registration fee's. :skakedrink:

tap water: 7.8 ph, 38 ppm (.5 conversion)
with veg nutes: 5.8 ph, 255 ppm
day 6 veg.

left row of 3 plants are beta testers, zero additives, test nutes only. the others are on my flora nova w/additives regimen. same strain (white waltz), will veg for 18 days and flower for 65ish for a side-by-side.

pic is at 6 days veg, they all had one initial nova feed while in beer cups but the 3 testers will be fed w/test nutes exclusively from day 6 on including today's feed.

70% coco, 15% perlite, 15% vermiblend.

Last edited:
Just got the 2nd greenhouse built today, Mixing the soil tomorrow, plants going in on wednesday. :)

Heya Folks! :catchawave:

FYI...the remaining beta samples were shipped yesterday! :woot:

On a side note, my own beta testing is continuing. :big_boss:

These plants (CBX) are fed every 4-5 days @ 300 ppm, ph 5.8. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, they look much better than the pics show. At this increased rate of veg growth (12"-14" since transplant), I'll have to induce flowering at least 2 weeks earlier than usual. :)

Well rooted clones transplanted into soilless mix....

picture.php

picture.php

7 days later....

picture.php

picture.php

14 days since transplant...

picture.php

picture.php

Updates to follow.... ;)​

Well OK, guess I'm just a low post numbers schmuck, not worthy of any free nutrient testing opportunities.
Hehe, did that spice it up a bit?
Looking a bit low on N to me.

But what the hell do I know, I drink.:pointlaugh:

Looking a bit low on N to me.

But what the hell do I know, I drink.

It's not an N issue...I have shit water missing all kinds of goodies. I'm pretty sure it's the beginning of an Mg deficiency...perhaps due to lockout issues, or it could even be the uber-accelerated growth rates i'm seeing. I'll play with Ph levels and see if that will solve this minor issue. But, more likely in my case, I may have to sup with Cal/Mag+....I'll try that next feeding. :eat:

Annaba>>> This beta batch of ferts was blended w/o water tests to cover a wide spectrum of water conditions (50-500 ppm). Folks who are within this range should find that this formula will work fine with a ph of 5.8. :exactly:

Unfortunetly, my water test has some majors issues that this beta batch of ferts isn't blended for (ie: higher amounts of Cal/Mg). This still could be a simple lockout issue running in soilless @ 5.8, as my starting Chloride levels are thru the roof. I'll try tweaking the ph a bit higher and see what happens.
But, in my unique case (based on my water test)...I may need to sup Cal/Mg with this batch. :happy1:

There will be no full crops losses bro, just gotta tweak a couple of plants at a time until we get everything dialed in. :nbf:

Update...

21 days since transplant....flipped into flower now. :peace:

Still feeding @ 300 ppm every 4-5 days. I've raised the PH to 6.0 the last couple of feedings, and the plants seem to be still responding well. They're still not quite as green as I would like (due to my unique h20 issues), so I'll continue to play with Ph levels. :smarty:

So far, I'd say the ferts are working very well. I've never had such accelerated veg growth. Even with my crappy water, the plants responded very well to the veg formula. I'm looking forward to the same kinda growth rates thru out flowering. :)

Updates to follow... :damnhippie:

Back