Looking for a new nute line.

ok, the G13Hashplant was tested and turned out fantastic. mot chemmy at all and the buzz is ridiculous. Maybe the Heavy 16 Finish did the trick. The problem is none of the plants i have, and a couple look done with swollen calyxes, and amber/cloudy trichs, look faded enough. AND the plants dude to come down in a week and a half are finished as well. So those are early...... this is silly. So I will continue playing with the Heavy 16 in flower for as long as the buds are clean smoking and the buzz is good. This finishing early stuff blows though. I hate over-ripe buds. So I'll need to be checking the trichs around week 6 for plants that usually go 9 weeks or so. For short flowering indica, i have no clue what to do. Probably run those with AN. The AN plants in flower right now look almost perfect, BTW. I've been on top of feed, water, feed, water, alternating that daily. The plants are kin m4 gallon pots and getting about 3 liters a day with a touch of run off. How's that for a phat root mass??

I will say this: I'm in the middle of the best yielding harvest i've had in 5 years.

I gave the plants under the LED Flawless Finish. The 2 plants around the vertical 2K HPS got the Heavy 16 finish. The plants that received the Heavy 16 Finish faded somewhat normally. Yellow leaves, etc. The Plants under the LED that received the Flawless finish, well their top bud leaves got crispy without really fading. It was a different fade - like the plants were stripping different nutrients from the leaves. Might be the mixing of different company's stuff, I don't know. We'll see in the taste and smoothness of the bud if i screwed it up. I'll try to get my computer to cooperate enough to let me grab some pics of the LED plants' different leaves. fingers crossed...

all plants are down and drying/curing.

Heavy 16 is easy to use the only thing that really bothers me is some of the plants finish early, which plays hell on getting them flushed right. I will say this: the potency when i used a reduced amount of base nutes (15 ml's compared to manufacturers recommendation of 20 ml's) i noticed a drop in potency. The ppm of the full strength is right around 700-800 per feeding. So anything less than that is just not enough.

ok 4 Blueberry Yum Yum down and curing. 2 were ran next to the big light and 2 under the LED. the 2 under the big light got heavy 16 Finish at the end and the 2 under the LED got Flawless Finish by AN. I gotta say I like the flavor of the 2 BBYY that got the FF over the ones that got the Heavy 16 finish. It's a pretty obvious difference. Also, the potency is bittern those two plants. Now whether or not that's the Flawless Finish or the difference between the LED and HPS, I have no idea. But there is a noticeable difference.

ok, so far, the Heavy 16 buds are curing out very nicely. I gotta admit the yield from the Heavy 16 is very nice. i have one plant that put out a little over half to 3/4 pound. Others are at around 5-6 ounces. Honestly I doubt i will get that with the AN girls i have in flower now, but we will see.

The Flawless Finish buds are smokeable faster, tastier quicker than the Heavy Finish buds. Potency on all buds is curing out beautifully and the stuff is seriously turning some heads at the bar when i smoke people out. That's even better.

well fuck, i'm still on the fence. These buds surprised me and turned out great. But the flush is important and the couple plants that were finishing early with the Heavy 16 still bothers me a bit. Just gonna hafta keep on top of things. All the plants in the flower room are getting AN this round. There's 2 Blueberry Yum Yum in the to compare both weight and quality so...... stay tuned.

note: the C99 did not turn out very well. Flavor is not there and the plant should have been harvested a week before i did. The flavor of the Blueberry yum yum is much more earthy too, I'm looking forward to trying them both when grow with AN to see if there's a marked difference.

note: my favorite of the 4 Blueberry Yum Yum if the big one grown under the LED, flushed with AN flawless Finish. After a 2 1/2 week cure the flavor is spot on and the buzz is heavenly. rolled 3 up rot go see The Dirty Doaen Brass Band tonight for Fat Tuesday. The 2 plants under the LED and fed Heavy 16 in flower were done early by a week though.......

ok 2 blueberry yum yum and 2 hippy slayer are getting overdrive (Sensi Coco Bloom A&B, B52, Overdrive, Signal Terpene enhancer, Sensizym, epsom slats and molasses) and after checking trichs, will be ready to come down right at 9 weeks, right on time. Getting the 2 BBYY watered and fed before they completely dry out has been a challenge. I potted up the hippy slayer and that has helped. With a week and a half left, i think the BBYY will make it ok. I'm really leaning towards using the Heavy 16 in veg and the AN in flower. we'll see how these girls turn out

well, like i said, when i use AN and the extra epsom, i haven't seen any detriment. I will, however, try some plants with and without, ok?

OK took a couple tester buds from both the Hippy Slayer and Blueberry Yum Yum on Wednesday. Quit dried, rolled and smoked last night.

both were super smooth, ash was nice and grey white, taste was fantastic. the BBYY was nicely earthy blueberry. The Hippy Slayer was perfect - salty sweat with underlaying rotten fruit. They are almost perfectly flushed and ready for harvest on time, right at 9 weeks.

My nute decision is thus: Heavy 16 for the win in Veg. Plants grow ridiculously fast and huge and healthy.
Heavy 16 Veg A&B
Heavy 16 Prime
AN Cal Mag
AN Voodoo Juice
AZOS powder
MYKOS when potted up
Organic Molasses

AN Sensi Coco Bloom for flowering. 4 gallon pots, Feed @ 25 ml's base with 12-15 ml's additive (molasses is literally about 4 drops), followed by plain water then feed, then water
AN Sensi Coco Bloom A&B - base nutes
AN B52
AN Big Bud Coco
AN Sensizym
Molasses
pinch of epsom salts

harvesting today and I am so damn happy I could just about poop myself

Last edited:
yup the decision to run AN in flower has been cemented in place. The Blueberry Yum Yum turned out perfect and the Hippy Slayer is slaying away. Smoked half a j of hippy slayer with the friend at the bar last night. 2 hours later he said he was still good. I'm happy. I need to predictability of when the plants will finish in order to get the flushed right and not over ripe. just gotta not let the pots dry out too much. I've been vegging until they need to be fed/watered almost daily and the plants are loving it.

note: plants in flower are finishing a touch early. Nothing terrible though. only a week early and i can deal with that, just not 3 weeks early like before. the chocolope testers i took monday have been smoked and man she's amazing. 90% sativa (Chocolate Thai x Cantaloupe haze) and everyone at the bar last night was happy. I'm glad i checked trichs last week. They were surprisingly mostly amber so I immediately flushed the pots and gave them some Flawless Finish. Plain water all weekend then took the samples monday. They were beautifully smooth with zero chem taste at all. People were commmenting on the Chocolate flavor, on fact. That's with no cure at all. G`13hashplant and Hippy slayer are coming down next....

I’ve just started using Shogun nutrients, the boost had the flowers covered with trics and sticky AF, so got some of their base nutrients and started using it 3 weeks ago for the current flowering crop ….it’s like I didn’t feed them before, massive amount of budsites and the growth is so strong and healthy

I just defoliated one plant, more flowers left and in better shape than I’ve ever seen them using Canna

https://www.shogunfertilisers.com/en/find-a-stockist/

i'll check it out, thanks my friend!

looking at their feeding chart they state to reduce the hours of light if ripening happens too fast. interesting............ i wonder if that would work with the Heavy 16 flowering nutes......... anyone want to chime in on this?

also, it looks like Shogun is not readily available in the US yet

Last edited:
and almost a month and a hr=arvest later, things are still going great,. I'm sold on 2 products from this experiment: AN's Flawless Finish and AN's Sensizym.

I give the Flawless Finish a week before harvest and there's Zero chemmy taste in the buds, None at all. And, I trimmed back a couple mom's and watered with the Sensizym and man those mom's look healthy. Usually I lose a mom after trimming her back from what i can only guess is overwatering. These moms and green and growing like crazy. I've been putting Sensizym in every feeding for my veg and flower girls.

should note that I only use ONE dose of Flawless Finish. half a shot glass in 2.5 gallons of water. I do a quick flush (plain water until i get about a liter of run off), then give one dose of Flawless Finish. I have spoken to some folks that have run flawless Finish the whole last week and the results are no bueno. One dose is all you need.

i am so sorry. I should have mentioned that before. I learned that from a guy who used to work at the local hydro store and was reminded of it by a conversation i had with a dude at the bar last weekend.

Back