Looking for a new nute line.

Freakshow

High friends! I'm hoping y'all can make some suggestions as to what freat nute lines you are using. Ive been using AN for years and I'd really like to now be using them. The old Sensi line (pre pH perfect) was friggin amazing. haven't bee able to get the same results some they went pH perfect. So, I'm somewhat open to suggestions and recommendations.

here's the guidelines:

1( I will NOT use anything by GH or Botanicare. i view those companies as sell outs since they are owned by Hawthorne group, which is a subsidiary of Scotts. My inner hippy will not allow a dime of my money to to the them.

2) I grow primarily in coco. So they nutes must be coco friendly

3) please include the amounts you give you plants too. this can be important iunto figuring costs, ect.

i appreciate y'all. thanks for any info you can throw at me.

I really like the Athena Ag blended line that I just bought.

My old standby is Greenstone Nectar for soil/coco.

I basically just use the normal strength feed schedule from their respective websites. Hope this helps.

A while back I was growing in Canna coco and used all their nutes. After my very first harvest, I noticed the flavor wasn't what I was accustomed too, not even close. It was very bland at best. I did some researching and got some Soul Synthetics, Big Swell. It made a world of difference in the flavor and increased yield as well. I then experimented with it and began using it earlier in flower and found it in some way inhibited growth when given to early. I would recommend using it only the 2 final weeks of feeding, before you flush. It makes a world of difference in the bud quality.

I don't make the 2 hr drive any more to the city to get my supplies and I had stopped growing for a while. I'm now just using a soil mix with lots of perlite an getting my nutes closer to home, but still use the Big Swell.

that's pretty interesting. I have found that too much early on can and will stunt the plants - some strains anyway. Thanks for the information! Bush Dr pointed out the Soil Balance Pro and it seems to be working GREAT on flavor and smell. I've really noticed the huge positive difference in smell, anyway. I'm guessing the flavor will be greatly improved too. I've also stopped using Sugar Daddy or Bud Candy and just went with organic molasses. the root systems of my plants are greatly improving with the addition of Azos, Mykos and SOil balance Pr and a about 1/2 tsp of the molasses per 2 1/2 gallon batch of nutes.

Canna A&B @30ml/10litre

P/K @10-15ml/10litres for 2 weeks @ weeks 3&4

Bioboost @20ml/10litres from week 3 on

Epsom salts 1 teaspoon every couple of days

Used in conjunction with Azos and Soil Balance Pro

thank you. I was thinking of trying canna again.....

I do still use AN Bud Ignitor, Big Bud Coco and Overdrive as additives.

I really like the Athena Ag blended line that I just bought.

My old standby is Greenstone Nectar for soil/coco.

I basically just use the normal strength feed schedule from their respective websites. Hope this helps.

I just looked up the GreenStone nectar products and really like the amount of minerals. The Athena looks a bit complicated at forst. I'll have to delve further into that website...... how's it working for ya?

[MENTION=430]Ghost[/MENTION] - agreed Canna will produce bland buds if not amended which is why I use Bioboost right through to the end including flush

Big Swell isn’t sold in Europe ....like so much of the good stuff

[MENTION=3456]Witchking[/MENTION], I am using the coco specific AN nutes. Sensi Coco Grow/Bloom A&B, B52, Big Bud, Sensi Cal Xtra and Overdrive. I've been having trouble getting the root systems to grow at any sustainable rate. Root growth has been very slow, the pots were staying very wet for too long. I think i probably got a bad batch of Great White. I saw immediate improvement when i started using the Mycos and Azos. The plants are looking very good now and the roots are growing out of the bottom of the pot. I'm just thinking there's another line of nutes that i wouldn't have to dial in so much. The old Sensi line, pre-pH perfect, i never had to do this. I'm feeding with every watering, running about 500-700 ppm, which is basically 10-15 ml's base to half that amount in additives and keeping it very simple and getting much better results.

One small thing i've noticed is when the plants start t get overfed, the trichomes disappear. Kinda weird but i have been using that as a gauge as to when the plants need plain water. any thoughts on this occurrence?

Last edited:
The Athena is really clean and I like that u use the same amount of A & B. I used to feed 6ml per gallon of A and 9ml B with Greenstone so I have a bunch of extra A every time.

The Athena seems really good, Im feeding at like 2.4 EC but the tips aren't burnt. I was thinking of trying the Floraflex powder nutes since I have a 40% off coupon.

The Athena is really clean and I like that u use the same amount of A & B. I used to feed 6ml per gallon of A and 9ml B with Greenstone so I have a bunch of extra A every time.

The Athena seems really good, Im feeding at like 2.4 EC but the tips aren't burnt. I was thinking of trying the Floraflex powder nutes since I have a 40% off coupon.

that is strange on the Athena to use different amounts of A&B

that is incorrect. The Greenstone uses different amount of a vs b.

Last edited:
yes, that's what i meant. oops. thanks for correcting me.

the biggest thing i have realized about the AN is the root mass has to be huge in order to up the nutes. overfeeding will hamper root growth. But with the addition of the Azos and Mykos, I'm finally getting good root growth. Ideally i want to veg until the plants need to be fed daily. right now the girls in the flower room are ready about every other day and showing signs of good growth and buds. I am trying to get back to harvest 4-6 ounces per 3 gallon pot.

Last edited:
Copied from another site, and the codes work. I used them to order the drip covers

OGGROWSSUB40
40% off one time nutrient orders

OGGROWSSUB50
50% off nutrient subscriptions

OGGROWSSUB_TOOLS
30% off plastics and tools

You can only use 1 discount code at a time so order your plastics and nutrients separately for optimal savings.

I'm in coco and use vegbloom, shine, calimagic and individual salts. The vegbloom is mostly used in veg and I experiment in flower with all the other shit. Almost everything I use needs to be weighed, and I try to figure ppm's of each nute. Some people dont want to get into all of that, but thats what I do. I've read of people who follow the vegbloom chart and have good results. They make lines specifically for ro/soft water, coco, and soil.

Heavy 16. A/B doesn't get easier than that really . I use 5-7 ml gal each. It's engineered for weed specifically and creates an amazing finish.

Similar to canna but without the total lack of calcium. (Didn't like canna base, but love their additives especially cannazyme)
AN additives are good, I use a combo of voodoo and b-52 for rooting in veg. Then overdrive to finish bloom.

Thats it. Guaranteed fire for years, on old strains and new in coco. Do it.

New bud: Do-Si Dos x Orange Poison
attachment.php

10+ year old bud: Blueberry x Herijuana
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20200818_064149.jpg
    20200818_064149.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200703_110311.jpg
    20200703_110311.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 104
Shipping liquids these days is also a problem

Sister in law was shipping me some inhalers.Post office in the Philippines requires people shipping anything at all to package the shipment in their presence.Postal employee went so far as to open one of my inhaler boxes to make sure it wasn't liquid.Lucky I wasn't there.I don't hold with that shiat and I could have got myself in some serious doo doo.

Dafug is wrong with people??? Rule followers is what.

GMD...did you just have a Birthday?If so,Happy belated!

:puffpuffpass:

Why don't you go with Veg +Bloom powder then?

Used the RO version and liked it a lot, use it for Veg still before switching to Heavy 16 for bloom because I like its effect in flowers a lot.

[MENTION=4111]Reed Man[/MENTION], I assume that can be used in coco?

those buds have me droolin. nice growing

Back