Looking for a new nute line.

Ima kiss grower as well, FFOF, AgeOld Organics, plastic pots. I have been adding a bone meal top dress around 6 wks, and stop the ferts. Plain water the rest of the way.

Have been tempted to try some type of bud booster, but think the bone meal does the trick. #7 pot size I’m thinking I use a tablespoon. Won’t burn the plant if you use to much, but man she will be dark green and grassy.

i did start using Heavy 16 Proime and Heavy 16 Fire, BTW. not seeing anything bad other than the flush issue.

ok so flushing the plants when using Heavy 16 is becoming quite a chore. The plants simply do not fade like i am used to. Now the buds, on the other hand, are tasting pretty decent with no chummy flavors and the burn clean. So I'm a bit lost on what to do.......

I ordered the Heavy 16 Finish additive. I'm thinking it may help the plants metabolize the nutrients better. Got a killer deal on a gallon of the stuff ($42.99). I will also be adding a couple plain water feedings during the week.... instead of feeding every time.

any thoughts?? [MENTION=4111]Reed Man[/MENTION]?? care to share your experiences?

Hey Guy, great question.

I have also noticed this same thing. At first I really tried to flush the plants to get the runoff EC low (this is not a good idea with coco)
I chased my tail. Taste suffered, quality suffers, yield suffers.
Then I saw somebody say " fuck flushing on coco, just ride it out"
I tried it and basically haven't looked back. I have posted side by side plants of different clones I run for years. One will be yellow and one black on the same regime. True expression of the genetics. Flavor is wild.

I tend to wind down on nutrients starting at week 8 on a 10 weeker. But don't drop below 350- 600 ppm ever (depending on light intesity) that's 0.7 - 1.2 ec. Last feed will be just a few ml of bud a and bud b only. They love it. You can ride from clone to harvest at 1.2 ec or 600 ppm the entire time with coco in fact. (Thats about 6 or 7 ml a/b). So fucking easy. That's a major trick for learners to see the power of cocos buffering ability. Its as close to soil as hydro gets.

Hope that helps.

Ps I don't use any finish or any type products like that. They dont work magically at end of cycle to clear cells that were built the whole plants life. That's why if you feed too heavy, your herb will never burn good no matter the media or how well you 'flush'. Cannazyme is a good additive that helps flush when used through the plants whole life cycle, because it is cellulase, an enzyme that eats cellulose which is what roots are made of. Because coco jam packs roots so healthy and big, you need to convert the broken down old dead roots into nutrients in a hydro based system with cannazyme. It also has nice little bit of pk ;)

Reed

Last edited:
Ok here's a picture of two strain grow at about 7 weeks. (Just snagged this pic for ya, not the best)
Lavatera White OG x Tresdawg is yellow
Poison Dosidos is dark green, will go blacker as harvest approaches as White OG fades out completely yellow. 9 plants per table like this for a mixed strain salad tent :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20220114_165521.jpg
    20220114_165521.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220114_165420.jpg
    20220114_165420.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hey Guy, great question.

I have also noticed this same thing. At first I really tried to flush the plants to get the runoff EC low (this is not a good idea with coco)
I chased my tail. Taste suffered, quality suffers, yield suffers.
Then I saw somebody say " fuck flushing on coco, just ride it out"
I tried it and basically haven't looked back. I have posted side by side plants of different clones I run for years. One will be yellow and one black on the same regime. True expression of the genetics. Flavor is wild.

I tend to wind down on nutrients starting at week 8 on a 10 weeker. But don't drop below 350- 600 ppm ever (depending on light intesity) that's 0.7 - 1.2 ec. Last feed will be just a few ml of bud a and bud b only. They love it. You can ride from clone to harvest at 1.2 ec or 600 ppm the entire time with coco in fact. (Thats about 6 or 7 ml a/b). So fucking easy. That's a major trick for learners to see the power of cocos buffering ability. Its as close to soil as hydro gets.

Hope that helps.

Ps I don't use any finish or any type products like that. They dont work magically at end of cycle to clear cells that were built the whole plants life. That's why if you feed too heavy, your herb will never burn good no matter the media or how well you 'flush'. Cannazyme is a good additive that helps flush when used through the plants whole life cycle, because it is cellulase, an enzyme that eats cellulose which is what roots are made of. Because coco jam packs roots so healthy and big, you need to convert the broken down old dead roots into nutrients in a hydro based system with cannazyme. It also has nice little bit of pk ;)

Reed

hey thanks for your reply, my friend. Are you still going full strength or have you dialed it back a bit? Nice looking plants, my friend. thanks for posting

i think for my plants i've had an issue with p-lants getting 15 ml's Bud A&B not maturing fast enough and plants getting full strength maturing too fast. silly as that sounds, it's been happening. The first Wedding Cake i grew with full strength were completely finished at 6 week and then took another 3 weeks to flush and the buds that were smokeable were way over-ripe. However, some, apparently more hungry strains, when fed at 15 ml's, seem like they're taking an extra week or two for the trichs to mature to a 50/50 cloudy/amber mix that i prefer.

Last edited:
15 mls per 3 gallon pail right? So 5 ml/gal? That's a good but low rate.

Under open hood, 1000 watt bulbs, and co2 addition, I'm pushing up to 2.0 ec now.
I'm following a guy doing 4.0 ec on Rockwood and his buds are rock hard. That's 2000 ppm. Very high, only a pro should do that that knows how to cut off feed a few weeks before and let the plants eat themselves. I don't like going much above 1000 ppm in my setup. You are likely only at 500 ppm which is too low. It's counterintuitive, but feed more. The plants wanna eat.

I'll add this: yes I have noticed varying ripeness. Again this is the plants being allowed to fully express their genetic.
In the above photo, I have found the white OG to be done, fully cooked, at 8 weeks. The strain next to it will go 10 weeks easily. I grow them together. Might leach down on the last feed at 8 weeks for the White OG,and then continue to drop for the last 2 weeks until chop on the dosi. Both smoke great, as long as I don't overflush them. That causes lockouts and terrible burn. Right at the finish line.

I do use the white OG for hash, so flush matters less. For bud, a nice white ash and even burn are enhanced by letting g the plant start to eat itself around week 6. By week 6, you should be at peak flower feed for most strains. And wind down from there. I used to feed too heavy in weeks 7 and 8, and no amount of flushing or leaching until 10 weeks will eat it all if you do that. Peak at 6, wind down to 9. Chop at 9 or 10 weeks unless you got a real early strain at 8. (Make hash out of the 8 weekers, thank me later ;) Happy smokes

15 mls per 3 gallon pail right? So 5 ml/gal? That's a good but low rate.

Under open hood, 1000 watt bulbs, and co2 addition, I'm pushing up to 2.0 ec now.
I'm following a guy doing 4.0 ec on Rockwood and his buds are rock hard. That's 2000 ppm. Very high, only a pro should do that that knows how to cut off feed a few weeks before and let the plants eat themselves. I don't like going much above 1000 ppm in my setup. You are likely only at 500 ppm which is too low. It's counterintuitive, but feed more. The plants wanna eat.

I'll add this: yes I have noticed varying ripeness. Again this is the plants being allowed to fully express their genetic.
In the above photo, I have found the white OG to be done, fully cooked, at 8 weeks. The strain next to it will go 10 weeks easily. I grow them together. Might leach down on the last feed at 8 weeks for the White OG,and then continue to drop for the last 2 weeks until chop on the dosi. Both smoke great, as long as I don't overflush them. That causes lockouts and terrible burn. Right at the finish line.

I do use the white OG for hash, so flush matters less. For bud, a nice white ash and even burn are enhanced by letting g the plant start to eat itself around week 6. By week 6, you should be at peak flower feed for most strains. And wind down from there. I used to feed too heavy in weeks 7 and 8, and no amount of flushing or leaching until 10 weeks will eat it all if you do that. Peak at 6, wind down to 9. Chop at 9 or 10 weeks unless you got a real early strain at 8. (Make hash out of the 8 weekers, thank me later ;) Happy smokes

i'll check the ppm when i mix the nutes next time Im running 15 ml's per 2.5 gallons. I just gave the Blueberry Yum Yum in flower at week 6.5 a flush and started the reduced feeding according to the feeding schedule........ fingers crossed. The thing is the buds loo like they're being overfed on the G13hashplants and C99....... fluffy, small, etc.

yup at 15 ml's base heavy 16 the ppm comes out to about 500. But when used at recommended full strength, the plants are so green and take forever to look flushed at the end of flowering. However, the buds taste clean and burn clean while looking dark green. Feeding at the lower amount also has lowered potency. So The Jug of Heavy 16 Finish has arrived and will be utilized. No clue what it does. I'm calling a hydro store in Michigan today and the Heavy 16 company to see what they say. I'll report back. I have started some plants in AN and will tweak a few things with those.

What I found out about Mills foods is that you for sure have to add Calmag to it early on and into flowering.. using their nutrients on Autos you really have to back off to 1/4 strength..

Using a PK additive can be tricky too.. not sure I want to keep using them or give them to wifey for her flowers..

Why not go back to foxfarm 3pt.

What I found out about Mills foods is that you for sure have to add Calmag to it early on and into flowering.. using their nutrients on Autos you really have to back off to 1/4 strength..

Using a PK additive can be tricky too.. not sure I want to keep using them or give them to wifey for her flowers..

Why not go back to foxfarm 3pt.

i like growing in coco. Dirt is easy. LOL. maybe i'm a glutton for punishment but I'm gonna get this

ok sampled some of the 1988 G13Hashplant that came down first. It's been in a jar for a week and a half. the buds tasted chemmy and over-ripe. not happy.

Last edited:
ok sampled some of the 1988 G13Hashplant that came down first. It's been in a jar for a week and a half. the buds tasted chummy and over-ripe. not happy.

I never had any luck with that strain, ran it once and gifted the seeds away to see if someone else could do better. sux after all that work huh?

what else ya got coming down?

I never had any luck with that strain, ran it once and gifted the seeds away to see if someone else could do better. sux after all that work huh?

what else ya got coming down?

well i have had some luck with the G13 Hashplant. You just have to take it down early enough - start flushing at 5 1/2 - 6 weeks harvest at 8. I have one in flower that is being flushed rigorously and will hopefully be ready by the end of the week. mid next week at the longest. The smoke is awesome when she's done right. After a J of it, i stared 9at my empty drink for half an hour thinking, I really need to get up and go get a drink but damn i don't want to get up. Slept like a baby too.

I have 2 big Blueberry Yum Yum coming down a week after the G13HP. They have been on the end feeding schedule for a few days now. There's a few fan leaves fading so maybe getting the Heavy 16 Finish was a good idea. stay tuned.....

I also started 4 plants - 2 Hippy Slayer and 2 Blueberry Yum Yum in AN. According to the AN feeding schedule, they'll get 25-30 ml's base play half that in additives, followed by plain water. Feed water feet water etc. The pants vegged long enough to where they need something daily so i'll be able to keep on top of that, I hope.

well i have had some luck with the G13 Hashplant. You just have to take it down early enough - start flushing at 5 1/2 - 6 weeks harvest at 8. I have one in flower that is being flushed rigorously and will hopefully be ready by the end of the week. mid next week at the longest. The smoke is awesome when she's done right. After a J of it, i stared 9at my empty drink for half an hour thinking, I really need to get up and go get a drink but damn i don't want to get up. Slept like a baby too.

I have 2 big Blueberry Yum Yum coming down a week after the G13HP. They have been on the end feeding schedule for a few days now. There's a few fan leaves fading so maybe getting the Heavy 16 Finish was a good idea. stay tuned.....

I also started 4 plants - 2 Hippy Slayer and 2 Blueberry Yum Yum in AN. According to the AN feeding schedule, they'll get 25-30 ml's base play half that in additives, followed by plain water. Feed water feet water etc. The pants vegged long enough to where they need something daily so i'll be able to keep on top of that, I hope.

Nice when you get a strain dialed in and it sounds like she is a challenging one that is well worth the effort. Slept like a baby says it all.. :prop:

Never did get to try the Blueberry Yum Yum.. no longer communicate with Boo in any way. :toilet1: Funny part is, the Blueberry strain found it's way to me,
but, in the form I needed. Blueberry Auto and I just started 5 of those and 9 Gambian x Neville's Haze by Rollit.

A friend of mine used to run Hippy Slayer as a cash crop and did quite well, good luck bro..

Nice when you get a strain dialed in and it sounds like she is a challenging one that is well worth the effort. Slept like a baby says it all.. :prop:

Never did get to try the Blueberry Yum Yum.. no longer communicate with Boo in any way. :toilet1: Funny part is, the Blueberry strain found it's way to me,
but, in the form I needed. Blueberry Auto and I just started 5 of those and 9 Gambian x Neville's Haze by Rollit.

A friend of mine used to run Hippy Slayer as a cash crop and did quite well, good luck bro..

oh i do love love love the hippy slayer. blueberry Yum Yum is pretty wonderful too

the 2 Blueberry Yum Yum under the LED are going to start on their 7 week down-feeding (feeding less) today, at 6 1/2 weeks

I started 4 plants (2 Hippy Slayer and 2 Blueberry Yum Yum) with AN Sensi Coco Bloom. They're getting 25 ml's base per feeding and will be watered every other feeding. Feed water feed water, wash rinse repeat every day. I vegged them to where they need to be feed or watered daily. They are in 4 gallon pots and when i give them 3 liters solution/water i get run off. that's a pretty thick root mass. fingers crossed. I gotta say, i like the flavor and buzz of AN better than what i've been getting from heavy 16 so far. Not saying that could change with upcoming harvests...... the yield Heavy 16 is showing is the best i've ever done - just hoping i can get the plants flushed right in time before they are over ripe. 50/50 Cloudy/amber is what i am shooting for

Last edited:
What's really cool bro is listening to you talk about this with an excitement in your voice, well typing anyways.. lol Finding the right nute line that works for you can be a challenge huh?
I grew in coco for years and used to use CNS 17 before they were bought out.. made for coco and it was clear, no chunks.
One of the best additives I ever used to make my smoke taste better, Floralicious plus and Sweet "grape" as it comes in grape or others, but I prefer the grape. If you have a strain that
has any kind of berry or fruity flavor it enhances it to an amazing point of flavor..

Good luck man... oh, I use... Feed water water, Feed water flush. just a light flush until water goes from brown to clearish.. a full flush stresses them a wee bit.

laters

hey thanks buddy. I need all the luck I can get.

I've decided I'm done (for now) flowering with Heavy 16. I just took down a G13 Hashplant where the substrate was flushed down to 150ppm 2 weeks ago, gave it a coupe doses of the lighter feeding recommended but he company, then a week of plain water. the plant shows no sign of fading at all. The last G13 I did had a chummy taste after 2 weeks cure. I can't do that. I love the yield, how l=healthy the plants look, but if they don't flu9sh clean i don't want to smoke the buds and neither do my clients.

so I am giving AN another try in flower while using Heavy 16 in Veg. Heavy 16 in veg is beautiful. Plants get huge very quickly. With AN, I'll be giving between 25-30 ml's base per feeding and alternating with feed, water, feed, water, feed, etc.

as an amendment tony previous statement, it does appear that an's Flawless Finish is helping the plants I have coming down in 2 week flush. After one dose they are starting to fade. So maybe using Heavy 16 i flower is still on the table. It's going to come down to the quality of the final buds.........

Pros:
Healthy looking plants
Yields are up
easy to use

cons:
a bit more expensive than AN
doens't flush well

but if the flawless finish works well i may keep it around

https://www.advancednutrients.com/products/flawless-finish/

Back