Herbys herb garden, multi strain perpetual

This one went 65 days.. No supports needed she was very sturdy. Coulda used a little lower grooming early on though.

Attachments

• skit2.JPG
    skit2.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 6
No, its the buckeye purple I just posted better pics of it.. That other pic sucked LOL.
2 hits would make a migraine go away for her so I grew it just for her. Of course all of her freinds wanted to buy it from her but for her it was just powerful medicine when she really needed it. ... To me it was ok smoke and flavor wasnt great on it but it was very purple and for whatever reason it helped her. Since I lost her I have to find something new for her. Going to try a high cbd strain.
Kewl I may have a Buckeye purple f4 fem :)
If not I will take the male and Hit My Bubba K then BC it :)

Thanks for the comments everyone. Hey B I am back to just using canna a&b.. I tried a few different things and was all over the place on this run. Towards the end though I decided canna is the shit.. I been with it for years for the most part so dont know why I even tried anything else LOL.

This run I tried the maxi grow powders.. Loved them in veg and early bloom but didnt seem to transition as well after day 21 like they normally do.. It was all downhill from there. Whats really missing is frosty leaves.. Buds are sticky and stanky. I dont smoke the leaves so I'm ok with it. :).

This run I tried the maxi grow powders.. Loved them in veg and early bloom but didnt seem to transition as well after day 21 like they normally do.. It was all downhill from there. Whats really missing is frosty leaves.. Buds are sticky and stanky. I dont smoke the leaves so I'm ok with it. :).

Well shoot.I ordered some Maxi that is on it's way here.I'm hoping it will work well in my veggie garden.I was really hoping that the Maxi series would work well for "all my gardening needs",as it is a real hassle to get stuff sent here.I prefer to use dry formulations anyway,and really hoped that this would "do it all". I may just have to do the best I can with it.

Well shoot.I ordered some Maxi that is on it's way here.I'm hoping it will work well in my veggie garden.I was really hoping that the Maxi series would work well for "all my gardening needs",as it is a real hassle to get stuff sent here.I prefer to use dry formulations anyway,and really hoped that this would "do it all". I may just have to do the best I can with it.

Hey Slim, I have seen others use it well which is why I decided to give it a shot.. I think I just did some feeding at the wrong times and created some hassles for myself. I'm still going to use it in veg. It just gives the plants everything they need it seems.
Oh and I also used it on the fig trees this year and they loved it.

Thanks GG. Trimmin now and they do smell great.

Looking for some news moms now that things are back on track. Popped lots of seeds. 30-40 days in on most right now.

First up is a critical plus x BB .

Attachments

• c+xbb.JPG
    c+xbb.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 2
Someone had gifted me 6 chem D s-1's.. So far this is my favorite.

Attachments

• chemd6.JPG
    chemd6.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 4
And finally Tahoe OG..
There a bunch or others as well but cant get good pics of them right now.

Attachments

• tahoe og.JPG
    tahoe og.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 7
Awesome Big!!! Which one is that? How long did it take?

I put all mine in storage over the winter and didnt do anything to them. Just checked on them the other day and they all had leaves on em. I never watered them over the winter though so I may lose them all. Fingers crossed they make it.

In my LR I have a few. They came out of dormancy in Jan because of my southern exposure. A few have brebas on them already. I may be eating figs in April.

Here's a quick pic of a breba and main crop fig. The breba always forms on last years wood and this years main crop will be on the new green growth.

This is on my Mary Lane seedless tree. The brebas on this one are very good so I hear. The main crops not so much.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 3
KB is Kathleens black. A very good fig from the reports I have seen. Did I mention in a PM or send a tag with what the others were? If not no Biggie. There's only a few I would have sent you for your zone so we can figure it out. Congrats on the new tree anyway though.

Hardy Chicago. Thats the first one that comes to my mind for our zone for sure. One of the better figs.. I noticed this year my tree thats been in the ground for 4 or 5 years now, the figs on it were smaller but definitely tastier. They just keep getting better every year.

I keep telling myself I want more of these trees they are so good. Last year I did 5 air layers and gave them all away. This year I am doing one for funky then making at least 2 or 3 more for me..

Finally.A fig roots and leafs out and everything!

Nice garden Herby!

I got 2 VdB's (Violette De Bordeaux) to root successfully.I lost all my RdB's sad to say.I won't ever treat another fig like a prima donna.If I try any more,they will go directly to soil.That is where I have had the most luck.

Attachments

• VdB.JPG
    VdB.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Anaaba. I'm pretty excited about a few in the room. The next 4 weeks should be very photogenic. :).

Slim nice job brother. Congrats on getting it sorted out. I sort of figured directly into soil in your climate would do it. Its like a perfect rooting environment. ...
I have 2 RDB trees so I can send more cuttings later in the year.. Also have a fridge full of cuttings from last year.. I definitely wont get to them all so anyone that wants some just LMK. Actually I'll post that in the fig thread. :).

Hey Big. I remember you mentioning that story. The HC grows more like a bush but I have a few others I'll send ya thtat will grow more like a tree. Sweet Diana is one of them.

Sounds good Mr Big. I should have some time this week to sort through what I have left. Most of these came from UC Davis last year. Unfortunately they changed things and you cant get cuts from them anymore unless you are doing research. Of course I am working on putting together a research report for them so maybe I can stay in favored status with them.
As I sort through these I will find all the ones that should do ok in our zone. I'll split those up so hopefully one of us gets at least one to root.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 11
Looks good BS. I'm running some blockheads right now that look real nice. They smell great and nuggs are very hard too.
I think I'm running 3 phenos right now with 5 or 6 more in veg for next run.
Going to be hard to select only 1 keeper from these.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mre
The aromas are great. Like a strong medicinal berry aroma. Right now anyway. Only at day 40 something so things can change by the chop and then again in cure.
The others I havent run yet are getting nice and big in veg. . Should be able to do full runs with them. These were bean hoarder seeds. f-5 he says. He did good with the selection.

Your boy looks nice. Green with envy here. :). Hope you make lots of beans. That will be some fun pheno hunting. :).

Thanks for stopping by Burnie. There's still a few weeks before they are chopped then they have to dry and cure.

Back