Herbys herb garden, multi strain perpetual

H

Herby

New house, new set up and lots of issues getting the room dialed in but finally am underway. The room is about 75% full now with one more light to fire up. Just waiting on a few items to finish vegging and should be ready in another 2 weeks or so.
First a list of whats running.
Under 1k are a few strains, just experimenting to see best growing technique for each strain. There's one donk, 3 Agent oranges and some GP. I dont expect much in the yield department from this light but I am basically getting rid of 2 phenos of AO so just threw those moms in there and then did some different pruning on the GP to see how it affects the yields. The Donk Pheno I grew as a a single cola last time and am doing it as a bush this time. There's also another donk pheno that I had 3 plants of. These were under a t-5 but they wanted to autoflower under there so so I threw them in for the hell of it to see what they would do and get rid of em anyway.

Under another 1k I have some trees. 1 plant of the white, 2 AO phenos and 8 Straw D x cali mist. The SD x Cm is gonna be big. Ran it once before and was my heaviest yielder and these are a lot bigger so am hoping for 1/4 lbs from them.

Then I have a sog going with a bunch of different strains and Phenos from each strain.
AO 2 phenos
NL x SD 7 Phenos
Bubba X sd 2 Phenos
Bubba green pheno
Bubba pre 98
SD f-2
Thor 6 pHenos
Shrom X Sour D 3 phenos
OG x OG dog 4 phenos
Rymes with orange
Durban poison
A11 x c99
Blue dream

And then on Deck to go under the last 1k is Querkle, some more AO and Bubba. There's also 5 mystery crosses LOL. From my last 2 runs I ended up with 6 beans for some reason and all from different strains. I popped em and 5 popped so if they are females they will go in as well. They are
AO x ?
Happy Brother x ?
NL x ?
Chem D x ?
and Jack the ripper x ?

And finally I popped some seeds the last couple days that I need to transplant this morning. These will be for the next run.

Williams Mango by Refferman. (If they are viable. they were pure white so we will see. I'll know in a few minutes when I go to transplant.)

Pot of gold
Hawaii x Skunk
Chali D This is a cross I made. Chem d x (Straw D x Cali Mist)
Then there's a mystery X I got as freebies. 5 seeds marked SS. No idea what they are but should be fun to play with.

Will get some photos up in a few minutes. Just got to load em up.

So you got yourself into a new place finally. That's wonderful after everything you went through with that other property. Got my hammock, some coffee and I'm ready to see.

Yea things were crazy down in the swamp so I went with Plan b LOL.

Ok first some shots of my SOG. Most of these got 5 days veg time then into the flower room. They went in on the 20th so been in there for about a week now. Only 1 tub was in there longer and that went in on the 12th.

picture.php

The tub here on the left closest in the photo went in on the 12th. The 2 small plants in that tub are bubba pre 98. If I'm lucky I will get one hit off those plants LOL. Bubba needs veg time unfortunately. The others in that tub are one of my AO phenos. A 56 day pheno and looks to be a good candidate for a larger sog run.

picture.php

Ok last photo for now, just a group shot under the big light. Will take some individual photos later but right now lots of work to do . This is mostly the SD x CM

picture.php

Ok in this photo in the back center is Another AO pheno. To the right of that is a Donk and then the plants closest in the photo are all Garberville Purp.

picture.php

Oh and these are all at 23 days into flower.

Last edited:
Did you link to photos in an album, Herby? It must be set to private, because I can't see any pix, either.

hmm let me check. Most of my albums are private but I thought I made this public. Hmm, dont know whats wrong. The album is a public album. If you look in my profile can you see the folder? If not I'm not sure what I can do to change it. Its already public. Maybe upload the photos directly to the thread?

Ok lets see if this works. I'll upload directly to the thread. Let me know if you can see this one. ok Since I havent gotten any replies I assume noone can see this photo? LOL. I'm stumped. I was just over in Sea's outdoor thread and couldnt see her photos with my proxi on so maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited:
ok first up a couple shots of a little sog I have going under 2 600's. For the most part these are 5 days into flower. One tub was started in the 12th but the rest are only 5 days in.

next up some garberville purp shots. I have 3 of them going all pruned a little different to see if there's any difference in yields.

Tonight when lights come on I do my final trimming and let em run. Will chop a lot of fans to get maximum light down below.

1st photo is Donk and next 2 are shots of the white.

Couple more photos. You can see the lower parts have already been trimmmed with just a little more to go tonight with the final trimming. Last photo is a bush of AO.

Ok I saved these last 2 photos for last because I have to explain what I am trying to do here. First is a full shot of one of the SD x CM and the snd is a close up of a cross member I put on her. The reasons for this are 1) because I wanted to stiffen up the plant a bit 2) so I can spread the branchs to get maximum light penetration 3) I can tie off other branches to this member so they dont flop over and I dont have strings running everywhere and 4) What I am trying to create is a sort of wall on the outside perimeter of the lights, by spreading the plant I get a thinner type of plant rather than a bush. I guess ideally if I could string up a wire mesh around the perimeter and do a scrog, that would be Utopia but I cant do that so am playing around with this.

Hope that all makes sense LOL.

1st two photos are the same plant and the 3rd photo is same pheno but different plant.

Well thats all for today. will update in a week or so. I may try and take a couple more photos tonight when the lights come on so I can show a little easier what I am trying to do around the outside of the light.

dam bro you are growing some trees!! your gonna have a fat harvest there my friend.. Those seeds you got I bet will all be female. Let us know how they turn out...Also your plants look in tip top shape. Real healthy and dark green. Your a very good babysitter I see ;)

Thanks for stoppin by guys!!! I am shooting for that 1g per w that still seems to elude me LOL.

Hey Smoke, I go by size rather than by time. Its also Strain dependent of course. The plants under the 600 got 5 days of veg. Most of the trees were started before I moved so were vegged longer than normal and were probably 20" when flipped. Some of my AO phenos will stretch 2.5-3 times so I start them at 12"
As a general rule, from seed about 6-7 weeks total. Strains that I know I will veg for 2-4 weeks after they get transplanted to 1 gal pots.
As I have found from experience, no reason to just throw some plants under the lights just to have some bud going. In the end I will be disappointed with the yield. It also cheaper to veg em out a little longer than have em under the 1000's burning electricity just to get 1/2 an elbow.

Back