Golden Pineapple

Hey docgreenstone, where did you get the info on the strain's parents?

I have seen two other descriptions. Most websites describe GP as a cross between Pineapple Kush and Golden Goat, but I have also seen Pot of Gold x Cindy99.

Whatever it is, it has plenty of sativa in the mix. Plants are tall with an open branch structure, widely spaced nodes. I have several at about 4.5 weeks 12/12 and they are behind my other sativa-leaning hybrids in terms of bud set and production, but they appear to be catching up; they are putting it on nicely. And they are starting to smell pretty nice, too. Stoked!

yup, sounds like the girl i have. She really put on weight at week 8-10 for me

Reviving this thread with a QUESTION:

Who has grown the Golden Pineapple OUTDOORS? I'm curious how she did in terms of harvest date. I'm in New England and wonder if she'd work here. ???

Maybe greenhouse-only?

I grow it indoors and it thrives....should be no prob OD....have no idea on harvest time OD though....I run it 70 days indoors....good luck

Well, a friend contacted me and gave me the breeders name and the genetics. Then I did an internet search and found a webpage from 2005 discussing the topic on ICMag.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=15733

Wallyduck Seeds - Golden Pineapple

They are indeed very impressive plants. I drove over to Boo's house a few months ago and he introduced me to his Golden Pineapple in late flower and it was MASSIVE! taller than me and looked to produce an easy pound of bud (from an indoor plant too!) but you guys know how Boo grows. WOW! lol

You nailed it Wesos. It was indeed the old school Pineapple C99 used!

I too feel like they're some cindy genetics in there for two reasons. one, the smell. two, the trichomes have the same granularity that the cindy does.

CTG fertilized the Gol.Pineapple cut with a Pineapplekush/TahoeOg male and I grew out one last season......Nice plant.....Spacey/Floaty kinda' high.........made a grip of f2's......have many a volunteer from, but kept one that has made it through freezing temps and thriving......
:puffpuffpass:

Actually medkind my brother did that pollination Barefoot I just gave the genetics to him.
Thanks to your generousity Barefoot, and the donor of the golden pineapple.
-ct-

Last edited:
I’m finishing on up now for the first time and she’s impressive for yeild, smell, and frost...sexy lady fo sho

This strain is also being passed, and has been used in crosses (dynasty seeds drizella) as C99 x White Widow.

Someone who held the cut a while ago might have changed the name to Golden Pineapple.

When Life B gifted it to me Golden Pineapple is what he called it. C-99 x Hindu Kush x Skunk. Is what I was told.... I have on two weeks out.

Right.

That's what everyone was told.

Golden Pineapple.

The person who essentially proliferated the cut changed the name for reasons not known to me.

It is still the same strain known as Golden Pineapple that is held throughout the PNW...only the true lineage may be different.

Last edited:
Whatever it is Putembk does this strain Justice. Up, productive, on the edge of “edgy” but manageable. Get shit done FAST type of high. Long legs (if you let her mature and cure obviously), flavor, but best of all high type. Nice shape and zero I mean zero issues on the back side. Note my tolerance is low. So I’m not a great judge. But I like her. And others do too.

Last edited:
Whatever it is Putembk does his strain Justice. Up, productive, on the edge of “edgy” but manageable. Get shit done FAST type of high. Long legs (if you let her mature and cure obviously), flavor, but best of all high type. Nice shape and zero I mean zero issues on the back side. Note my tolerance is low. So I’m not a great judge. But I like her. And others do too.

Yes, it is a spectacular cut and I'll always hold onto it.

Just updating info as it comes to me. Not trying to start anything whatsoever.

For those not privy to what goes on here in Oregon, and maybe it's a symptom of the greater cannabis scene in general, people here lie about EVERYTHING. For the most meaningless reasons, seemingly out of thin air.

For a strain geek like myself that likes to track things down for the community, it makes my life a living hell.

edit: I think I'm going to drop Dynasty Genetics a line and ask him what he knows about it.

edit 2: Dynasty Genetics says it's "Ice Queen", C99 x WW, by Brothers Grimm, seeds popped circa 2003. He posted this publicly only 5 weeks ago.

Last edited:
ya got me rolling Lithium........lying is so much of today's weak minded egos.......most all are looking for some kind of self boost from others recognition of their turnover of the true facts....prolly cause they weren't given enough attention from birth....hahaha....just like most varietals are just run on' s from hacks renamed to allow someone a slight hardon for the day.......and the REAL percentages of coming up with a special individual let alone line are damn near non-existent........

here is a volunteer f2 from hyb spoke of above......no special baby ass wiping treatment, bagged sawdust or artificial nutes.......just mother nature doing her thang.......prolly turnout as an average, but nice to know the seed has the will to perform from freezing to high 80's so far........

Seems like the gp is traced back to JLP’s breeding of c99 to golden skush...just looked at thread with pics from 08...regardless a great plant

ya got me rolling Lithium........lying is so much of today's weak minded egos.......most all are looking for some kind of self boost from others recognition of their turnover of the true facts....prolly cause they weren't given enough attention from birth....hahaha....just like most varietals are just run on' s from hacks renamed to allow someone a slight hardon for the day.......and the REAL percentages of coming up with a special individual let alone line are damn near non-existent........

here is a volunteer f2 from hyb spoke of above......no special baby ass wiping treatment, bagged sawdust or artificial nutes.......just mother nature doing her thang.......prolly turnout as an average, but nice to know the seed has the will to perform from freezing to high 80's so far........

Looks like a more pineapple og pheno fatter leaves, should be yummy.

Here she is...seeded up. :jump:

attachment.php

Attachments

• gpseeded.jpg
    gpseeded.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 34
Back