Golden Pineapple

L

Life B.

So, I've passed this to a couple dozen friends in the past few months. Several Cabana members. She's become a mainstay in a few gardens, and will always be in mine. She is a lesser known strain, and wasn't passed online very much and I've aimed to change that.

I'm hoping people who've run her will give their opinions on her and hopefully show off any pics.

Her lineage is Pot of Gold x C99. Wallyduck (the breeder) doesn't know if Golden Skush is the same as Pot of Gold, but the lineage is close (he mentioned not remembering if it was POG or Golden Skush). He released the seeds as freebies and sent several out to friends, as I understand from related correspondence.

I've hit 2lbs per 1k very, VERY easily with her. Her smell is exotic and powerful and flavor is deep and lasting. The smoke is pungent as all hell after exhale.

With potency being subjective, I'd say that yield, vigor, smell, flavor, ease of growth, and bag appeal are all 10s. I'd give her 8 on potency, as I have strains that are stronger, but not by much, but the quality of high is impeccable.

Here are some shots of my last run of her....a whole table.

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpg
    IMG_3785.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3894.jpg
    IMG_3894.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 18
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 18
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3794.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3791.jpg
    IMG_3791.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3790.jpg
    IMG_3790.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Beautiful work and yes good on you for sharing her Life B..many thanks.
I remember Pot of Gold being quite popular. I recently picked up Bodhi's Pot of Gold hybrid..forget the name.

I'm wondering how old this cut is....

Used to get some super dank pineapple like 12-13 years ago coming outta supposedly the Eugene/Corvallis area. Really miss that stuff!

Yours looks absolutely stellar, super chunky, and of a unique bud structure type.

I didn't do a proper job of taking pics of my golden pineapple but this is my second one in flower...she's got 2 plus weeks of flowering left and is jammed into a tent so the lighting isn't as it should be...I grow for the top 1/3rd of the plant for myself, the rest finds it's way to my friends...she's about the easiest plant I have grown, she blows up and stretches but between 8-10 weeks she blows up...this plant was really dry when I took the pics in a tent, lights on, thru a filter...the pics don't do this plant justice, colas swell and lay over if not staked...the smell is crazy, had to buy an ozone generator for this one strain...when I fire back up she's the one I am looking forward to perfecting...I will have 1 in a tent with a 600HPS and give her room to move...

Attachments

• tentpineapple 006.jpg
    tentpineapple 006.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 13
  • tentpineapple 003.jpg
    tentpineapple 003.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 12
  • tentpineapple 014.jpg
    tentpineapple 014.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 12
hers a few pics on what's in the jar...she's one of my favorite all time smokes...smells and tastes divine...yeah, she's that special...

Attachments

• pineappledry 001.jpg
    pineappledry 001.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 30
  • pineappledry 002.jpg
    pineappledry 002.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 36
here's a few pics of flowering from the plant that now resides in a jar...my mind has always been kinda scattered, now it seem my picture files are as well...

Attachments

• 2012flower 007.jpg
    2012flower 007.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2012flower 008.jpg
    2012flower 008.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 20
Excellent work, Boo. Thank you for helping document this strain as it makes its rounds.

It took me a couple runs before she was acclimated to my system, now she's super consistent and always ready to perform.

I have a good deal of reversed pollen from her, as well, have a few strains I'd like to try and hit up again as soon as they're ready to flip.

That flavor is something else.

What do you think of the smell of the smoke after exhale?

I'm usually too high to think about it but I will be glad to report back after dinner, did a hit while prepping dinner out of a clean bong with ice...the taste is certainly pineapple in my mouth and nose but I've not walked out of the room and then back in to smell the room...well I have but have not paid attention to it...my mind wanders after a toke...a glass blunt in the middle of the day changes everything...:whistle:

Cool, thank you.

Funkynugz had a thread about the smell of post-sesh smoke.

I thought it was an interesting observation and something that GP has in spades.

Looks a a true winner of a cut, excellent work B. Glowing reports like these don't come around often.

I see she leans to the C99 side for branch structure it looks like? Bud structure looks exotic and delicious...one of those ones you keep going back to.

Any smell of pineapple?

Thanks for sharing!

I have recently been offered a cut and have been on the fence to take it or not. Seems this thread has pushed me over the edge. Might have to give her a whirl.

Code:

This strain is grown alot in my area in Oregon. Been a staple in many people's gardens for years! Glad to see it spread around

Back