315 watt Ceramic MH info ?

i have had 6 fail:( I have been looking at other suppliers as the return policy at ebm is intolerable. maybe a full on social media blitz would bring them around on this issue. I think my EBM rep is drain bamaged as they keep trying to get me to purchase more of their junk to get my ballasts replaced without paying the $100. It is a shame that these work so good until they don't.

2b2s

Last edited:
Bummer guys, that’s why I bought the sun systems with Phillips bulb and ballast.:puffpuffpass: Goes back to you get what you pay for...

True, but we’d be hard pressed to find a light that’s not made in china. Do they still make sunsystem in Pa? It’s a pain as the ebm have a 3yr warranty, but they want us to pay to have the new lamps shipped.

hmmm, I've been using the cmh lights, both 315 and 630 DE and have not had a failure in over a year...as for american made, not with the lighting...it's all chinese:hmm:

2b2s, what % of the lights you’ve purchased or have gotten as replacements have failed?

I have had 6 ballast failures in the course of a year. I did manage to get EBM to replace my original 3 failures for free but in less than 3 weeks time one of the replacements went out and shortly after that I lost 2 more. so as a percentage i would say is in the 90% range.

I would like to point out that when I purchased mine there were no other manufactures producing these DE CMH 630's. Yes there were manufacturers producing fixtures with 2 315's, but I have 8 315's running phillips ballasts already, made no sense to spend huge money for more of the same, and when the ballasts work these fixtures rock. I highly recommend the use of the DE CMH 630's or even better the 1k DE CMH just do not buy from EBM:D

2b2s

Last edited:
True, but we’d be hard pressed to find a light that’s not made in china. Do they still make sunsystem in Pa? It’s a pain as the ebm have a 3yr warranty, but they want us to pay to have the new lamps shipped.

the reflectors/fixtures are still made in the usa, but the phillips ballasts are likely made in china. nevertheless they have very low failure rates.

I highly recommend the use of the DE CMH 630's or even better the 1k DE CMH just do not buy from EBM

i'll hold off until a brand with a better track record starts producing DE's. 6 ballast failures is kinda ridiculous.

"i'll hold off until a brand with a better track record starts producing DE's. 6 ballast failures is kinda ridiculous."

hey E.C. I did not advocate anyone purchase any more fixtures from EBM Quite the opposite in fact. Wellthink is probably a better bet for an affordable quality ballast:D

2b2s

Last edited:
Back