315 watt Ceramic MH info ?

dunno anything about the gavitas but am told they make a 600 that out produces a 1K HPS...gonna go to the grow shop and talk today, need stakes, lossa stakes...

I run 7 of the Gavita E Pro 1 k and 2 nanolux DE fixtures. The hype is about the Double ended bulbs and the way they are designed to work. i suspect that the increased yield other growers and myself have experienced is due to the canopy penetration making buds at the dirt line big hard nugs. The DE lights are setup to overlap and hit different angles than a normal hps setup. Gavita will give you a analysis of your room then give you a plan for hanging the lights for maximum efficiency.

I think it is possible that peeps want these lights to be the next best light for flower, and they may well be for a small tent grow, but at this juncture in my space, i think I will keep them in my veg room where no MH will ever go again.

About the early finishing, peeps have said DE's will shorten the flower time by about a week too, tbh I have not noticed anything that leads me to believe they finish any faster, maybe it is the increased size of the buds that makes peeps think this way, or they have great scientific equipment i do not have and can quantify something that I cannot:D

2b2s

Last edited:
I run gavita 6/750s and i havent noticed any faster flower times,I have heard this about 315s but not many people are flowering with them that i know personally.

I'm flowering with one currently and am thinking of moving it back into veg...one question I do have for the gavita experienced, how far do the 600's have to be over the canopy...I only have 2 feet to work with, my plants always end up being trees...I need more punch than the 315's are giving me...I'm almost tempted to toss a raptor into that tend but am thinking i'd have heat issues...

boo the gaviata 1000 double ended bulbs need 3 feet. You could probably be fine with the double ended 600 gavita. switching to a gavita 1k from a regular 1k my yeild in my tent went up 50% no joke. Buds just get denser than normal like others said. I have not noticed any faster flower times just an increase in yield.

boo the gaviata 1000 double ended bulbs need 3 feet. You could probably be fine with the double ended 600 gavita. switching to a gavita 1k from a regular 1k my yeild in my tent went up 50% no joke. Buds just get denser than normal like others said. I have not noticed any faster flower times just an increase in yield.
very interesting Nocturnal but is the footprint smaller with the gavita's than what you previously got with the regular 1k?

I think it's larger. You can cover the same 4x6 area as a regular 1k with the gavita set on 825.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gavita 1k covers a 4x6 and needs approx 30'' to 40'' between light and plant so tall ceilings(10' plus)are a must.To solve this problem they came out with the 600/750,they cover about 4x5 and only need about 30'' between plant and bulb,both these lamps are double ended.Also dont overlook gavitas single ended 600,i know a few who have replaced there 1000s with these at no loss of weight,thats pretty damn good.All the gavita lights really excel and come into their own when you run multiples of them cross lighting each other IMO.

here's my dilemma, I have an 8' tent and am not thrilled with the punch of the 315 red lamp LEC and was thinking of using the 600 gavita...fish, are you saying I have to keep 3' from the lamp...I may be able to pull that off but I was hoping for 2' of clearance...315's just don't penetrate like the HPS lamps but they do rock in veg...

like fishwhistle said the DE fixtures really shine when multiples are in use, they are just made for that type of use. Theo and Jair will both tell you with the DE light you are lighting the room not just a 5 X 5 foot print:D

2b2s

2b2s, I value you opinion so let me ask you this, would I be better off just using a mogul based 600 watt hortilux eye in lieu of the DE gavita...I gotta do something in the tent, mebbe use my raptor hood and change out the ballast...315 for flowering ain't my cup o' tea...:gramps:

hey boo,

Are you in a tent or in a larger room? Like fishwhistle pointed out these DE lights work best in multiples, granted if using just one you may see an increase but then again you may not. Unless I were running at least 4 of the DE fixtures I do not believe I would deviate from the mogul. I believe that the 600 mogul has been a solid workhorse for many years and still has its place in flower rooms with height issues. I think that your space has more to do with your choice of luminaire than anything else, other than $$$ lol:D

2b2s

I have decided to use a tent in a remote location and I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck...I'm thinking of trying a 600 hortilux in a raptor hood, just swap ballasts...that sure seems to be the most logical progression for me...

final question for this situation I'm dealing with...is there a ballast for 600 HPS that is better than the others, I don't need a dimmable unit, just a good fixture that wont cause RF issues...also, I've never had a 600, is there a better quality unit than the hortilux eye out nowadays...

just a thought but if I buy a 750/600 watt HPS dimmable ballast won't the power consumption always be at 750 watts, resistance still uses the juice right...

Gavita 1k covers a 4x6 and needs approx 30'' to 40'' between light and plant so tall ceilings(10' plus)are a must.To solve this problem they came out with the 600/750,they cover about 4x5 and only need about 30'' between plant and bulb,both these lamps are double ended.Also dont overlook gavitas single ended 600,i know a few who have replaced there 1000s with these at no loss of weight,thats pretty damn good.All the gavita lights really excel and come into their own when you run multiples of them cross lighting each other IMO.

Hey Fishwhistle, Just curious how high that 600 single ended bulb would have to be above the canopy? How hot do these run compared to a normal 600 hps?

Last edited:
Hey Fishwhistle, Just curious how high that 600 single ended bulb would have to be above the canopy? How hot do these run compared to a normal 600 hps?
Ive never run the 600SE myself but from what ive seen 24-30'' above canopy but thats multiple lamps crosslighting each other too.I think as far as heat goes 600 watts burned is 600 watts burned.These ballasts run very cool but the bulbs are a little warmer which to me is good.When a ballast runs hot its burning more energy to produce the light and when a bulb runs hot its actually using the energy producing more light(not sure im saying that right,lol).I think the misnomer that gavitas are alot hotter may come from the fact that both ballast and bulb are in the same room but even if you removed the ballast from the room it wouldnt help alot in gavitas case as the bulb is the main heat producer due to gavitas efficient ballast.

I start out with my 600s about 24" from the canopy, but they usually get a lot closer by harvest. Less than 12" hasn't been a problem, but I'm just running mag ballasts & regular bulbs. My lamps are in a large single reflector (4x8' tunnel shaped) with a fan blowing from one end, directly behind the first bulb.

Probably not comparing apples to oranges....

I got a few of these last week and am impressed. I'm only a week into flower but the plants look great. Also the customer service at Eonboom was really good.

Back