What's Your Dessert?

Would love to see that recipe for Bumbleberry pie Cartie..sounds awesome..

where the fock can you buy the Great Divide icecream?..bet ya if they called it " Blueballs " it'd sell better..:spanked:

Publix, Wally World.. it was pulled off the shelf for about 6mos around here for something that got into the machinery and had to shut down production all that time.. meanwhile people were demanding their fix.. :jester:
They fixed their problem and now it's available everywhere again.. all I know is it's worth the $7gal and don't even get a gal anymore.

If anybody out there still owns a real home made ice cream machine, hand crank, and want to make the best stuff ever.. add you favorite soda like root beer to it and yum yum.. had this made with Kick Soda once, best ice cream ever.. :thumbsup:

All the kids are in their 30s now so no more slave labor for cranking icecream but I got one of those Cuisinart electric ones where you toss the tub in the freezer for 24 hours and then churn it..works pretty darn good for small batches..

never been a big fan of poached fruit..even had poached pears in Lyon once, tasty but prefer pastries and such..just the thought of pastries got me dreaming of almond chocolate croissants from Arsicault french bakery in San Francisco..the owner is a master puff paste maker from France and forget about making it at home..it takes years to master the technique..

think I'll just make a pear pie and give the rest to our local food bank and also to the Buddhist monastery my wife attends..
I have tree loaded with santa rosa plums as well and the birds aren't eating them this year because they just don't want to get ripe for some reason..usually this time of year they are sweet, not sour..

Just finished these fresh out of the oven & they literally M.E.L.T. in your mouth !! :prop:

Melt in your Mouth Coconut Macaroon's
1/2 cup egg whites { Beat until frothy }
1 1/4 cup sugar { gradually beat in }
Keep beating with mixer until very stiff & glossy peaks
Stir in { 1/4 tsp. salt }
{ 1/2 tsp. vanilla }
{ 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut }
Bake about @ 300 F { 20 } minutes 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet
{ For all chocolate lovers add 2 squares melted unsweetened chocolate }

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 1
Up here in Oregon it's like a damn fruit stand all around u. Amazing strawberries, both the little wild ones and the usual garden grown...wild blackberries, red and golden raspberries and Oregon's own Marion berries are EVERYWHERE too :p
Pear trees, apple trees and a whole lot of wild and cultivated grapes as well.

If u like fruits (well, non citrus anyway) this place is hard to beat. Neighbors we don't even know bring local home made preserves, jams and jelly's all the time lol.

Take care and stay safe

guerilla

yeah it's the same here in Mendo G1277..
Lots of fruit this time of year..I picked the last of my pears today and think I'll make a pie..
funny with pears, they won't get ripe until you pick them but I like em crunchy anyway..
got way to many so will give em away and keep a few in my spare fridge..got a few patches of wild berries on my property but mostly gone now..I'm running out of ideas of what to bake..
made a nice apple tart couple of days ago but want something different..

I know they say tomatoes are a fruit but I disagree..I think they are a vegetable..
but if they are fruit they are damn good fruit..my matters are finally coming in..:confetti:

I know they say tomatoes are a fruit but I disagree..I think they are a vegetable..
but if they are fruit they are damn good fruit..my matters are finally coming in..:confetti:

:puffpuffpass:
npr.org said:
In the 19th century, the U.S. Supreme Court faced a similarly ridiculous question: Are tomatoes fruits or vegetables?

At the time the Port Authority of New York classified tomatoes as vegetables, which were subject to a 10 percent import tax.

A fruit importer argued that tomatoes were fruits, which were not taxed.

In the case, witnesses read from dictionaries, and definitions for "fruit" and "vegetable" were read in court. Also definitions of "tomato," "pea," "eggplant," "cucumber," "squash" and "pepper."

In the Supreme Court decision, the justices distinguished between science and everyday life. The justices admitted that botanically speaking, tomatoes were technically fruits. But in everyday life, they decided, vegetables were things "usually served at dinner in, with, or after the soup, fish, or meats ... and not, like fruits generally, as dessert."

So under customs law, the court ruled, tomatoes counted as vegetables — and the importer had to keep paying the tariff.

LOL. ec..
do we except what the supreme court says is so.?.not me..

it's sort of like saying if you stick a tampon up your ass does it make it a dildo..
very confusing..

to simplify from it all a fruit should be something that grows year after year from trees. like mangos, apples, figs, peaches and the list goes on..vegetables are a one year shot..lettuce, watermelon, tomatoes, green beans, zucchini and such..

I read a scientific study that said Tomatoes are a fruit and maybe it's some kind of loop hole they came up with for escaping taxes..there's perennials and annuals.. screw them..:sunny:

Man that sounds good Uni..

Every Christmas I make a batch of my cinnamon rolls..so looking forward to them..
I would bake more often but it's mostly just my wife and I except for during the holidays and all my recipes are enough for 10 or more people..we just can't finish it all on our own..

I'll have to post my cheese cake recipe..it's the same as they make in famous Brooklyn cheesecake which I consider the top standard..

start baking your christmas cookies if you have kids..lots of fun getting your young ones involved with making shapes and decorating them with sprinkles and such..

^^^^thats great Harpo!....what's your secret besides eliminating sugar , exercise?...

I completely changed my eating habits, all I do is make sure the calories count and that I get some protein and fiber out of my meals.

I also started walking a great deal, 30km per week minimum.

picture.php

unfortunately this cheese cake recipe take some practice but is it ever worth it..
you'll need one of those 9 inch pop out cake pans..can't remember the name but think it's called a spring form pan and has a clamp on the rim that opens up and closes..

grind up some gramcrackers in a good processor with a bit of melted butter and line the bottom of the pan with it pressing it down..make sure you also butter your pan before hand..

beat 2 pounds of creamcheese until smooth..a kitchen aid mixer makes this process very easy but will work with a hand mixer..beat in 1 and 1/4 cups of sugar and then 4 egg yolks..
make sure to scrape bottom of bowl so it all gets mixed well and no lumps..by now it should be really fluffy..
add a bit of vinilla, a bit of lemon zest and 1/2 a cup of heavy whipping cream..beat it some more until creamy..

now take the 4 egg whites and whip up until stiff..
slowly fold in the egg whites into the batter..you don't want to over mix..you want to keep it like a soufflé..pour into spring pan on top of graham crackers..

rip off a big peace of tin foil and set spring pan into center of foil and fold it up along the sides so no water can leak through and then set the whole thing into a baking pan and fill it up with hot water half way up to the side of the spring pan..

carefully place in a pre heated 325 oven for a least an hour..you want the center to jiggle like jello..turn off oven and let it sit in oven for about another hour..
take the spring form out of water bath and allow to cool to room temp and then refrigerate over night..
pop the rim off and slice..:cheerleader:

a little trick I learn is to wrap parchment paper around the inside of the rim so that it's goes 3 inches above the rim because this cheese cake will rise by a lot...it'll shrink back down as it cools..

Actually, we all got this wrong... Dessert has 2 letter "S" in it, not just one, which is actually desert: any large body of land that receives less then 2" of rain fall annually.. so my favorite would be "The Mohave Desert" in Arizona where I spent every weekend for 6yrs playing in near Hoover Dam ... so yeah, my answer...

Mohave

Dessert: Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back