What nutes do you use?

yo20 you are very right , the only reason i use house and garden is that i came across a deal i could not pass bye 800 dollers of nutes for fifty bucks

I follow the organics for beginners page in the organic section. Making my own teas out of gaounos and using them in a soiless mix =
3 parts sunshin #4(right? its been so long since i lookedlol)
,1 part perlite .
1 part earth worm castings and a
1/2 part alaskan Hummus
ammended with garden lime
i also use a few pieces ofGH organic line
Bothrive(flower)
bio weed(veg)
bio boost(flower)
this is when im to baked to make the teas or feeling lazy .plus i think the girls like the rotation of goodies i dont feel they respond as well to just the GH line though .
Ilove the teas.
who knows how good of an answer that was :kez:lol
HT:afroweed:

Running in soilless with tapwater..

Biobizz grow and bloom. Epsoms. Molasses. Nettle or compost tea if I'm feeling keen.

Edit- sometimes use rhizotonic (sp?) and canna micronute mix.

Per Gal of RO @ 0.0 EC -------->>>>

Veg~

1ml Protekt
1-2ml Magical (occassionally)
3.75ml GH micro
7.5 ml GH Bloom
.25 tsp. Epsom Salt (occassionally)

PH 5.8-5.9 // EC 0.9
===========================
Early Bloom~ (weeks 1-4)

1.0 ml. Protekt
2.0 ml. Magical (occassionally)*
5.0 ml. GH Micro
7.5 ml. GH Bloom
.25 tsp Epsom Salt (occassinally)

PH 6.0 // EC 1.2
========================
Mid Bloom~ (weeks 5-6)

.85 ml. Protekt
4.0 ml. GH Micro
8.0 ml. GH Bloom
2.5 ml. Molasses

PH 6.1 // EC 1.1
===================
Late Bloom ~ (week 7)

0.5 ml. Protekt
2.5 ml. GH micro
8.0 ml. GH Bloom
2.5 ml. Molasses

PH 6.2 // EC 0.8
=============
Late Bloom~ (week 8)

0.2 ml. Protekt
8.0 ml. GH Bloom
2.5 ml. Molasses

PH 6.2 // EC 0.6
===============
1st Week Flush~ (Week 9)

5ml Molasses

PH 6.1 // EC 0.5
======================
2nd Week Flush~ (Week 9)

Straight RO PH'd to 6.0
=========================

Last edited:
Just got the canna line in my area so am very happy to be running that again. So much easier than anything else I've used and buds just seem to taste better and sweeter. Easy to flush as well. I dont use the boost though. I also use cool bloom power about twice and floranectar.

i like a combo of advanced nutes and house and garden great results for my girls:jump::yum:

i find advanced nutrients to be over priced i used big bud and bud candy on my last grow... they worked well but i think i can get more bang for my buck using that one company from holland... i forget what its called off the top of my head... bud candy isnt very expensive though :D

there is a hydro store in toronto that mixes their own nutrients and they work great... its called trip tonic... its 25$ for 4 litlres...

Playing around with a Colorado based Asian Carp hydrolysate grow and bloom as my base w/ ProgressEarth brewed teas.

I really like their sustainability model. I have some of their lower salt (inland india sourced) coco and coco mix with growstone to play with as well.

Anyone ran the Advanced nutes Jungle Juice? I know thy advertise it the exact same and 1/3 less the cost. I have always run GH, was thinking about trying a room of jungle juice for comparison...what y'all think, anyone have experience with JJ?

Jungle Juice is AN`s copy of GH`s 3 part...Indoors i use there ph perfect 2 part veg/bloom along with Bud Candy = (carboload + sweetleaf ) BigBud, B-52 and Overdrive...I also add GH Rapid Start in wks 1 + 2 of flower.
Outdoors i use pro mix # 4 with Yield Master bloom in the bottom half of my swamp tubes...I then add about 2 inches of moistened perilte that forms a barrier between the top and bottom layer. I add Yield Master grow to the top half.
The YM slow release food will last about 4-6 wks when applied as a top feeder...6 - 8 wks when mixed in...perfect for my strain which i plant around june 1st...she will veg for about 6 - 7 wks then start to flower around july 21st...harvest date is around Sept 11 -15th.
I add the 2 inches of wet perilite between the veg and bloom layers in an effort to keep the roots feeding off of the veg formula only...after about 7 wks the veg food will be almost completly absorbed and this will cause the roots to bore through the perilite seeking more food...which they will find.
This method has been dialed in by me and it keeps my visits down to about 2 - 3 trips per year....hope this helps and take care and stay safe/Ribs.

Earth Juice Grow, Microblast, MetaK, and Catalyst for veg.

Nectar for the Gods' Medusa's Magic, Gaia Mania, Zeus Juice, and magical Herculean Harvest for flower, with Roots Excelurator, BioBizz BioBloom, Sea Green, SuperThrive, and HiBrix molasses.

Last edited:
Crab, SRP & greensand in recycled coco & compost based dirt.
light doses of BioAg Humisolve & 1-0-18 earthcrew soluble kelp in veg
light doses of BioAg & earthcrew/Protekt (alternate) in flower
1 dose of protien (fish or soy or rice or whatever) hydrolysate in veg, another before stretch. Right now I have "Verde Fire Grow" from earthjuice.
Urine, Pguano, Kelp concentrate, yard castings to taste. Less is more.

I'm an old school, outdoor, in the swamp grower. Nothing fancy just the nutes I think my girls need and water as required.

I start with a equal mixture of; Pro-Mix BX, Top Soil and Sheep Manure. To that I add Bone and Blood Meal. I also use Molasses mixed in warm water (for more carbs) and Miracle Grow (the one for tomatoes) every other watering. That's about it for a simple low cost grow.

I used to use DNF Parts A&B but I found that it workded no better than the Miracle Grow and it cost a lot more (someone told me, just joking, that DNF stands for "Does Not Flower").

I realize that there are a lot of folks that do not think that Miracle Grow is a good idea. I have seen how well Miracle Grow works on my other plants (I have a 24ft. X 36 ft. greenhouse I use for flowers and vegetables) and after seeing how well it works on my other plants I see no reason not to use it on my girls. I know your local hydro grow shop owner will tell you a different story but then again I'm sure they make a lot more money on their brands than the Miracle Grow product.

Well, thats the way I do it and I have been doing it that way for over a decade with good results.

Good growing to you and yours.

ick... in regards to miracle grow. i find i can taste it when i smoke. promix worked better... im pretty new to the whole thing but in my one time experience with miracle grow i wouldnt recommend it. it worked but the taste seemed to linger or something... the bud was pretty gross tasting but it did its job. so im not saying it doesnt work. ive done flood and drain and dwc too... DWC and promix are so far my fav way to get it done.

I've never had anyone tell me that my girls taste like Miracle Grow and as I have stated I have been growing for a very long time. Perhaps you used too much?

Well, whatever you decide to do I wish you a good grow.

Never used MG, but have used the GH for years in the beginning and than Lucas formula, than 6pack Ksalt for a bit, than PBP, tried tigerbloom, and something else in my hydro set ups. I stayed with Advanced Nutrients for almost 6 years slowly trying to get all of it used. I recently went to Canna Nutrients using coco as a medium for near 9 years. Loved the AN over them all and disliked the $$ I spent on it. Price wise I would have to say GH is the best bang for the buck, but if pushed to hard you can get a taste to the buddage. Or it was just me and my mind thinking it, LOL:rollitup:

dirt and water, mostly. :geek:

I've used Fox Farm, Techniflora, Cornucopia, General Hydroponics and Neptune, all with good results.
The last grow was all organic using Espoma Plant-Tone, EWC and molasses tea in veg and change the Plant-Tone to Age Old Bloom in flower. I'm going with that again this grow.

Last edited:
I am a cheapskate so I make my own nutrient concentrates from raw salts. There are no magic nutrients so why pay AN or GH big $$$ for water and marketing? Making a hydroponic stock concentrate solution is truely quite easy. There are even computer programs that take all the work out of it i.e the math. For an example google hydrobuddy

2b2s

I beg to differ on that comment. You can get decent results with anything but to get to that next level while it may not be magic, those bottles make all the difference if you know the right combos.

Back in early 2000 I seen some awesome growth and buddage from living soil. Like any of the bottle nutrients, once you get it all dailed in and working, well the results are just amazing and the most tasteful buds I ever smoked.

Back