What nutes do you use?

C

Curbside Service

Currently im using products from a bunch of different brands in my feeding mixture...
Im also using basically Rez's Recipe but with some additions, removals and adjustments..

I mix up everything in a 44gal trash can...

Week 1-3
1/3 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid start
4ml per gal Carbo Load (160ml) (advance nutes)
8ml per gal GH Micro (320 ml)
12ml per gal GH bloom (480ml)

Week 4-6
1/3 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid Start
50ml Kool Bloom Powder (1 feeding per week)
4ml per gal Carbo Load (160ml)
15ml per gal GH Bloom (600ml) (no more micro)

Week 7-8
1/4 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid Start
5ml per gal Carbo Load
15ml per gal GH Bloom (600ml)

Week 9-10
Flush - water ph to 5.5

Obviously there are some adjustments for flowering times but this is a pretty average run.
Interested to see what you guys use, and too hear any suggestions on my feeding mix.

Curb

Hey Curb just for the record H3ad came up with that recipe. Rez just used it and took the credit, funny stuff and im sure if H3ad had more of an ego he would have taken credit himself.
I use canna brand coco feed called A+B as well as Rhizotonic, Cannazym and PK 13-14 as a booster from them.....i also use Atami (B'Cuzz) Coco booster and their Coco Bloom stimulator.
Also just got an RO machine so will be using Cal/Mag when i start using it.
Peace

Lol, should have figured! Seems like taking credit for orhers work was one of his favorite things. Either way its been highly modified but has always treated me well.
This was the first time I have used the AN Carboload, previosly i have always used Botanicare Sweet. Only used the last half of this current run. will use it the whole round on the next one.
My next round will be Pro-Mix HP, cut with perlite, in 5 gallon pots. Im hoping to add enough perlight i can get my pots to dry out everyday after its daily feeding.

CaNO3...2.08 (all weights are in grams per gallon)
AmmoniumPhosphate...........0.43
MgSO4...2
KSil........0.7
Met Ca....1.0
STEM micros 0.1
Fe dpta 0.1

99-30-50-150-50-66 ppm N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S

I do this through stretch and then start decreasing Ca and increasing K

It gives me the 3:1 Ca:Mg ratio through stretch and K is low enough that it does not interfere with Mg uptake. I use ammonium phosphate to balance NH4 against the alkalinity of my water so that pHing the feed water is not all that important.

Cost about 7 cents a gallon.

your going heavy on that carboload no??

When i was using the powder is waas 1gram pergallon

then the liquid I think was 1 ounce per gallon?

Carboload says 1ml per liters so 4ml per galllon.

If i can get these pots to dry out daily so I can feed daily aswell, i will dramatically cut back on the nutes.
Right now im using 10 gal pots, only watering every 3 days or so, why i feed so aggressive right now. Cutting the promix hp with perlite and using 5 gal pots next round which is right around the corner. The pots i bought are black 5gal that have a cone with slits that raises out the bottom about 6". I would describe it kinda like a inside out airpot. Ill try and post a pick of one. Anyone use these before?

Im rockin the whole Canna line with the addition of some Humboldt Nutrients Honey ES for carbage as well as Cal-Mag and Dark Energy. Ill add in the Hammerhead/MOAB combo towards the later weeks. This last time was mostly a Cannaboost/MOAB combo and it worked out fantastic. 7 gal smart pots here.

Hey Curb just for the record H3ad came up with that recipe. Rez just used it and took the credit, funny stuff and im sure if H3ad had more of an ego he would have taken credit himself.
I use canna brand coco feed called A+B as well as Rhizotonic, Cannazym and PK 13-14 as a booster from them.....i also use Atami (B'Cuzz) Coco booster and their Coco Bloom stimulator.
Also just got an RO machine so will be using Cal/Mag when i start using it.
Peace

H3ad and Rez formulas are almost identical but slightly different. Rez built his formula off of h3ad's from what I can tell. Rez added a few heavy doses of koolbloom and claimed a 15% increase over the h3ad formula which has no addatives. He still stole credit h3ad figured out the nutrient profile and can claim the 9/12 formula lol.

I ran Rez style this time and last time I ran h3ad with ff trio pack running the trio pack as recommended time wise but I only used 75% strength of their recommendations.

I've got 6 gal of micro and 6 of bloom left so I'll probably run it again but with different addatives this time but for the record Ff trio pack worked GREAT. I want to try canna or H&G coco base that will be what's up next after I run out of gh. I do use drip clean from time to time in all coco dtw and gh rapid start 1ml/gal and 1 scoop of great white per 10 gal while in veg and mykos about 2ts per plant at transplant.

Currently im using products from a bunch of different brands in my feeding mixture...
Im also using basically Rez's Recipe but with some additions, removals and adjustments..

I mix up everything in a 44gal trash can...

Week 1-3
1/3 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid start
4ml per gal Carbo Load (160ml) (advance nutes)
8ml per gal GH Micro (320 ml)
12ml per gal GH bloom (480ml)

Week 4-6
1/3 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid Start
50ml Kool Bloom Powder (1 feeding per week)
4ml per gal Carbo Load (160ml)
15ml per gal GH Bloom (600ml) (no more micro)

Week 7-8
1/4 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid Start
5ml per gal Carbo Load
15ml per gal GH Bloom (600ml)

Week 9-10
Flush - water ph to 5.5

Obviously there are some adjustments for flowering times but this is a pretty average run.
Interested to see what you guys use, and too hear any suggestions on my feeding mix.

Curb

So you run gh rapid start more then 2x as strong as recommended, how's that working for you? That does seem like you would be pushing like 2ec at times with your lineup, what's your vow like?

If i can get these pots to dry out daily so I can feed daily aswell, i will dramatically cut back on the nutes.
Right now im using 10 gal pots, only watering every 3 days or so, why i feed so aggressive right now. Cutting the promix hp with perlite and using 5 gal pots next round which is right around the corner. The pots i bought are black 5gal that have a cone with slits that raises out the bottom about 6". I would describe it kinda like a inside out airpot. Ill try and post a pick of one. Anyone use these before?

H3ad/Rez formula was designed for coco have you ever tried Lucas in soiless (8ml/gal micro 16ml/gal bloom) seems like it would be a better ratio for your medium. I've ran it in ebb and flow with hydroton and promix with great results. I didnt run 8/16 all the time although I did my first run with it like that. I would keep the 1:2 ratio just lower for early/mid veg and sometimes stronger then 8/16 up to 1.6-1.8ec with some strains in flower. The 6/9 ratio was a modification of 8/16 I thought for compensating for coco's cal/mag and k cec.

6/9 has considerably less Ca and Mg than Lucas...opposite from what you normally hear is right for coco.

The reason it works is because it also has way less K. In the Lucas formula the K locks out some Mg and Ca, hence the need for more of them.

imo almost all formulas have to much K which leads to all kinds of problems.

It is the nute interactions that will get you. Get the balance right and you can run a considerably lower EC which allows much better transpiration and a healthier plant.

just switched over to dutch master gold in pots of rockwool and im loving it..also just got 2 free big ass bottles of aqua flakes a n b from my hydro store so ill probably do a side by side between the two this run

im interested to see what those 5 gal upside down airpots do, id imagine its more like a 3 gal due to the cone inside

I keep it very simple, General Hydroponics Flora series, and Bud Candy, along with Kool Bloom Dry and liquid, thats it, oh and I use Kleen for clearing, this is a fantastic product if you havent tried it beofre you need to!

Veg: 3ml bloom, 6ml ml micro 9ml grow per gallon ph to 6.0.
Flower:Week 1-6 or 7 depending on strain: 10 ml bloom 5 ml micro 2 ml Liquid Kool bloom 4 ml bud candy
Weeks 6 or 7 through 7 or 8: 10 ml bloom 5 ml micro 1/4 tsp powdered (dry) Kool Bloom
Weeks 7-8 or 8-9 Kleen @ 10 ml per gallon twice in 6 days, then pure water flush three days before harvest (total clear time 7-10 days).

My medium is pretty much sterile, I use stright perlite, 5 gallon buckets a drain about 3 inches fromthe bottom, feed every 3 days, drain to waste, feed until you get 20% over flow. Very very simple.

Last edited:
Back