What nutes do you use?

I am a cheapskate so I make my own nutrient concentrates from raw salts. There are no magic nutrients so why pay AN or GH big $$$ for water and marketing? Making a hydroponic stock concentrate solution is truely quite easy. There are even computer programs that take all the work out of it i.e the math. For an example google hydrobuddy

2b2s

Stock solutions work, but can have very limited shelf life. You have to add preservatives such as citric acid or sodium benzoate. I mix my salts directly into my rez, no need for stock solutions.

Also, yes you could hire a chemist to come up with a salt schedule for you, but it still may need fine tuning, especially with different strains. You can reverse engineer the bottled shit and copy their numbers, but I've had much better results with base-cation saturation numbers. Also, salts don't taste too good without all the humic and fulvic, sugars, and all that!

^^^ would replicating a salt based nutrient be as stable as the product being replicated?

I know GH flora nutes lasts for a really long long time if kept and stored in the right conditions.

Floranova on the otherhand goes south rather quickly after opening it the first time.

^^^ would replicating a salt based nutrient be as stable as the product being replicated?

I know GH flora nutes lasts for a really long long time if kept and stored in the right conditions.

Floranova on the otherhand goes south rather quickly after opening it the first time.

You gotta shake flora nova like it stole Something. I shake for 60 seconds and usually smoke a swisher after all that work.

Yeah those flora nova bottles are heavy fuckers. Definitely can skip going to the gym after shaking one of those gallons. I used to keep a quart bottle around so it was easier to shake. Just shake the fuck out of the gallon once in a while, then fill up the quart for daily use so its easier to shake. Then didn't shake that gallon again until it was time to refill the quart.

For my base nutes I like pure blend pro myself or when doing hydro I do a mix of pbp and floranova. I like that floranova is just one bottle instead of the two bottle flora series and has some worm castings and guano in there to help out.

I'm testing Botanicare's new line "Kind". I'm digging it so far. We will see. You could clearly make your own salt mixes and save a lot of money, but I prefer this for now.

You like to fuck around with PK without nitrogen and calcium? Then this might be pretty fun.

We shall see...

Here's their little schpiel:

[YOUTUBE]rAK0aES4r2w[/YOUTUBE]

Gr8ful u will love the bio... First run I hit more than enough in the smell, taste, burn, depo to justify running it now.... Just finishing my second run with it mow.... It's my go to, I use the hammerhead/Moab combo at week 5 and 7 also to bulk em up a bit...

Hendo I'm excited to see someone run the kind got some gallons here also I'm going to let a friend test... What medium are u in?

Haven't grown in 6 months and I already couldn't list the nutes I used even though I used them for years. Funny how quick you lose your chops.

Gr8ful u will love the bio... First run I hit more than enough in the smell, taste, burn, depo to justify running it now.... Just finishing my second run with it mow.... It's my go to, I use the hammerhead/Moab combo at week 5 and 7 also to bulk em up a bit...

I'm thinking about using a the biocanna boost product as my only supplement in amended soil.

outwest

I don't think it'd hurt, try it! Lmk how it goes, I'll try feeding my mix with it since I've got it on hand :)

Hendo I'm excited to see someone run the kind got some gallons here also I'm going to let a friend test... What medium are u in?

Rawman,

I'm in coco-perlite #4 60-40 mix using Hercules pots

The kind seems kinda flat to me. We will see how it finishes though, guy who made it wanted me to test a run on it large scale side by side. Good growth but we ain't done yet.

Currently im using products from a bunch of different brands in my feeding mixture...
Im also using basically Rez's Recipe but with some additions, removals and adjustments..

I mix up everything in a 44gal trash can...

Week 1-3
1/3 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid start
4ml per gal Carbo Load (160ml) (advance nutes)
8ml per gal GH Micro (320 ml)
12ml per gal GH bloom (480ml)

Week 4-6
1/3 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid Start
50ml Kool Bloom Powder (1 feeding per week)
4ml per gal Carbo Load (160ml)
15ml per gal GH Bloom (600ml) (no more micro)

Week 7-8
1/4 cup Cal-Mag
1/4 cup Protekt
100ml GH Rapid Start
5ml per gal Carbo Load
15ml per gal GH Bloom (600ml)

Week 9-10
Flush - water ph to 5.5

Obviously there are some adjustments for flowering times but this is a pretty average run.
Interested to see what you guys use, and too hear any suggestions on my feeding mix.

Curb
been using AN in coco for almost 15 years now. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Before the changed to the pH perfect stuff, I was getting fantastic results. Now it's taking some more dialing in. I've tried to get away from AN. Tried a few different companies but I always seem to go back to AN. I don't b8y all the bottles - basically I use the hobbyist level nutes. The thing is this: people love the smoke from the buds I grow. When I get them something different, they tell me , "yeah, it's good, but it's not yours". The flavor and potency with AN is why I've stuck with them.

For those is you mixing your own. you should really talk to the dude at Custom Hydro Nutrients. He's around here somewhere. He sell raw salts.....

been using AN in coco for almost 15 years now. I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Before the changed to the pH perfect stuff, I was getting fantastic results. Now it's taking some more dialing in. I've tried to get away from AN. Tried a few different companies but I always seem to go back to AN. I don't b8y all the bottles - basically I use the hobbyist level nutes. The thing is this: people love the smoke from the buds I grow. When I get them something different, they tell me , "yeah, it's good, but it's not yours". The flavor and potency with AN is why I've stuck with them.

For those is you mixing your own. you should really talk to the dude at Custom Hydro Nutrients. He's around here somewhere. He sell raw salts.....
Want to send me your recipe and I can see where the ratios are landing at and either figure something comparable or an improvement? I’d be happy to.

general hydroponics 1part maxigro/maxibloom

ive used the 3-2-1 system for sometime and has worked well without failure in a 5 gallon basic deep water culture system

any base + calcuim nitriate + epson salt

general hydroponics 1part maxigro/maxibloom
megacrop calcuim nitrate
powergrow epson salt

veg/gro 800-900ppms
3grams / maxigro powder nutrient per /gallon
2grams / megacrop calcuim nitrate /gallon
1grams/ powergrow epson salt /gallon

flower/bloom 1200-1500ppms
3.5-4grams/ maxibloom powder nutrient per/gallon
2.5grams/ megacrop calcuim nitrate per/gallon
1.2grams/ powergrow epson salt /gallon

this basic recipe has works well for me from a clone and or sprout into full maturity with several successful grows and harvests growing in your basic deep water culture system, make sure you are checking your ph and ppms weekly and making adjustments accordingly. flushing week9 with basic tap water has also helped ripen and smoothen flavor and smokability to allow plant to express itself fully into maturity.

Back