TrimPro...etc?

OK, went to look at the tumbleweed on the web and they're asking almost $13k for the thing!

Happyinmendo, could you post up a pic of a nug trimmed with that? Is it a one person machine? How much prep is involved to get the buds to go through the tumbler? Do they have a video anywhere?

Sorry for so many questions, but that baby is a serious investment I would have to split with other med patients and I'd be the one convincing people...

- Butte

ad rather get 6 trim proz for the money or 12 of them cheapos

ad rather get 6 trim proz for the money or 12 of them cheapos

naw the tumble weed / reel pro are the new ish . would take 12 people to run 6 trimpros good luck finding a 12 man crew thats ready to work whenever you need them to , with the tumbleweed/reelpro/rolling thunder/centurian you dont need as many people involved so they will save u $ in the long run ....

i've got the bonsai hero, the cheap testarossa model...works a charm for removing about 90% trim, but if you like to trim every bit of leaf you have to manicure them the other 10 % like i do......saves hours of trimming ;)

I know that one of the advantages of the TrimPro over the TrimBox is obviously that more than one person can work on it; but for a single user, how much slower (or more work) is the TrimBox over the TrimPro? Also after having read the debate on grill size, sounds like the larger openings are clearly the way to go. How does the grill size (& thickness) on the TrimBox compare to the TrimPro Original?

I've read on IC that the blade is adjustable on the TrimPro's... is that the case on some of these Chinese knock-offs?

Would it be possible to take the blade out and have them re-sharpened at the same places that sharpen lawnmower blades, tools, and such?

Does (or, can) the blade actually come into contact with the grill, creating a "scissor" action, or do they rely solely on the RPM & sharpness of the blade to get the job done? I'm guessing / assuming the latter.

U-123 has mentioned numerous times about how just about any hard object, including a large enough stem, can completely ruin a TrimPro. Is this not the case with the Chinese knockoff models? If so, in what ways do the Chinese knockoffs' designs differ from the TrimPro's, that prevents such damage?

Finally... has anyone seen the "HedgeHog Trimmer"? Looks like yet another knockoff, possibly just another Chinese knockoff w/ a HedgeHog sticker slapped on it. If anyone has experience with these, any sort of feedback / information would be appreciated.

The trimbox IMO is to small.........if you do purchase one get Trim pros newer model with the Teflon non stick grill.......the finnish (paint) will not come off even after extensive use. I bought the older version and after 2 years of HEAVY use it still works great.
Is there any way to visually differentiate the older and newer models? Is the grill of different color? I'm not sure what the Teflon finish would feel like, so can't really go by that.

What other, if any, improvements are there between the older and newer models?

If you like to just hippie trim everything then go back and retrim then go with the bigger slots...
LOL @ hippie trim :D :D

The only difference between the Trimpro (Original) and Trimpro Workstation is the grill & the edge rails? Anyone here w/ the edge rails still use them, or has everyone found that it's best without it on? Sounds like the latter, from what I've read here so far.

i've got the bonsai hero, the cheap testarossa model...works a charm for removing about 90% trim, but if you like to trim every bit of leaf you have to manicure them the other 10 % like i do......saves hours of trimming ;)
What differences are there between the "standard" model and the Testarossa? From what I can gather, the Testarossa reciprocates a tad bit slower and has a slightly less lifetime on the motor; also looks a bit less ergonomic and more difficult to grip comfortably. (Different type of power supply as well, but I don't think it makes a difference to the end user.) I'm curious why there's such a big price difference.

And oh... Re: the "Big Red" machine & Aardvark, I'd assume they're out of business... or just about. The Big Red machine just looks & sounds like a pretty dubious design.

Personally seems like yet another bud-mangling tool, although not anywhere remotely as bad as their Magic Trimmer salad bowl thing. Have you seen that thing in action with a clear lid? I'd rather just stomp on my buds with dirty boots and call it a day than use that POS.

I suppose this stripper thing would come in real handy for people with the TrimPro Automatik, though.

not sure what the difference is between the 2 bonsai hero models, i just bought the cheap one :)
it does take less time to trim with one of these but you still need to manicure a little with scissors ;)
as for being uncomfortable/less ergonomic, i'd say anyone could use one of these as they are really light and the blades dont move fast enough to hurt you. hope this helps someone decision if they're thinking of buying one ;)

i personally have a trimpro workstation. if your gunna get a trimpro or trimbox get the workstation version, the grill is the thinnest they make so it trims as close as possible. other then the thinner grill theyre the same

the trimpro cuts down time by alot but u still gotta go back for a more detailed trim when done. best to have one guy chopping down the big shit on the trimpro and a second guy doing all the detailed work

Ok where the hell are these Chinese knock-off trimmers:dunno:. Not really wanting to drop 8 bills on a trimme:nyahnyah:r, but was thinking about dropping 6 bills on a pro-trimmer:prop:. Might as well go automated (some what) for a couple bills more. :dancer:Someone please post a link that works from a reputable dealer. :yay:
And I did try to google it. Find some chinese suppliers, but no price and I ain't sending my cash to China:gramps:. Need a US supplier :sunny:

Last edited:
I've used both the Bonsai Hero Testarossa's as well as the TrimPro Workstation. I'll try to remember to edit this post later and add more details, but in the mean time if you have any particular questions about them I can answer.

Short of it is that I would buy the Testarossa again.

[FONT=&quot]I know this thread started about 7 years ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But like a lot of you said back then. I need to find a better way to trim.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I cannot afford the 10,000.00 Trimmers (although they look impressive) but would be willing to spend 2000.00 on one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am leaning towards the TrimPro Workstation .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] http://www.amazon.com/Trimpro-TPWS-TrimPro-Workstation/dp/B0096GXG14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405291774&sr=8-1&keywords=TrimPro+Workstation[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would like some input as to;
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Is this a good choice for the money or are their better options ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for all input in advance.[/FONT]

IMO... The model without the sides allows you to trim larger branches, and it allows you to hang whole branches to dry. :exactly:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 46
I seen the one you mentioned Ghost but the EZTRIM Satellite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8K2n85U80

Is the one that looks awesome to me but I cannot justify spending 9500.00.

Thanks for the offer on the used one but when I make my choice I am going to by New.

Dman,
I believe I read somewhere the side rails are detachable on theTrimpro
Workstation ?

The picture you posted looks similar.

I can even see the same bolt pattern around the edges holding down the rails.

What is the name of the model you use ?

Last edited:
i love my trim pro original. i mostly use it to take all the fan leaves off while harvesting.

it let's me rough trim 12 lights of plants in about 10 hours, by myself. I'll cut down a light into a couple totes, drag em over to the trim pro and ZZZZzzzszzzrt ZZZZzzzrt ZZZZzzzrt all major fans are gone. BUT i still pay to have things hand trimmed once dry.

however, there is a gdp cut i have that we just trim pro, hang to dry and then buck straight into turkey bags. its the only cut we can do that with.

Back