To all breeders who sell seeds

Just wondering in this day and age why does not every strain your trying to sell have pictures on your site when I see a strain I'm interested in but no pictures all I can think is you never grew that strain out yourself in fact I think the sites that have multiple pic up I more likely to buy unless I know someone who has ran it not trying to be nasty just wondering what the reason would be to not snap off some pictures of it when it's flowering and finished product just looking for some nice polite answers maybe it's just me but when I'm looking for something different and looking to go out on a limb for something and there are no pictures I'm on to the next

I really like how one of the vendors has a 'comparison' graphic of many of their strains, with traits, such as odor factor, fast flower, yield, sog or scrog, length of stone, etc. I do wish that the vendor would update that graph with the new offerings.

@kushyman Yah, but...you know so many more strains, and you know what you want. Some of us are just clueless about the cakes and dogs and chems and...
Plus, you know that i live under a rock in a deserted prairie and never go check out what's out there in the world. Even the dispensaries here have their gear all locked up and hidden in layers of plastic. ( because you know those buds could leap out and attack innocent beings.)

Plus, you know that i live under a rock in a deserted prairie and never go check out what's out there in the world.

you know more than you let on ma’am...... and i lived in a northern swamp ,had zero mentors.. but admit to being driven
Even the dispensaries here have their gear all locked up and hidden in layers of plastic.
no loss

buy from breeders who work their lines and document it. You should be able to discern which seeds are just a pollen chuck of the latest polyxpoly clusterfuck and which have value to you. When you buy hype x hype you should know that you're buying the equivalent of a scratchy ticket.

You want pics of the plant that the seed you buy will look like, and so does everyone else. Just remember that most all seed banks that just sell seed, they don't make them. They use sales gimmicks, either pics or description. Sometimes the pic you're drooling over has nothing to do with the seed you buy. As mentioned above try to get your seed from the people that make them or a very reputable bank.

I want to see a straight up plant,no training/topping,after boldt then again with a fade and another after cure.Its nice to have smoke reports and what not but hype is easy to push on people and fuels everything. :( Just clever marketing and a bunch of talk.Brown pounds that give a clear headed buzz for five minutes,but were you even high?

You want pics of the plant that the seed you buy will look like, and so does everyone else. Just remember that most all seed banks that just sell seed, they don't make them. They use sales gimmicks, either pics or description. Sometimes the pic you're drooling over has nothing to do with the seed you buy. As mentioned above try to get your seed from the people that make them or a very reputable bank.
One day soon, there may be a website for up-and-coming breeders to fully document their breeding efforts start to finish, and then offer those lines for sale on the same website. :popcorn:

One day soon, there may be a website for up-and-coming breeders to fully document their breeding efforts start to finish, and then offer those lines for sale on the same website. :popcorn:
This is a great idea for people doing good work it's the way to stand out among the lazy breeders I use to love the way ocean grown did it they documented everything with YouTube videos witch I know is a lot of work but that's why he use to sell out so fast iv been burnt to many time that why if I buy seeds it's from Greenpoint reverse auctions I pay 20 30 bucks and most of the time it's fire and if not I spent 30 bucks and the best part they sell reg seeds

Just wondering in this day and age why does not every strain your trying to sell have pictures on your site when I see a strain I'm interested in but no pictures all I can think is you never grew that strain out yourself in fact I think the sites that have multiple pic up I more likely to buy unless I know someone who has ran it not trying to be nasty just wondering what the reason would be to not snap off some pictures of it when it's flowering and finished product just looking for some nice polite answers maybe it's just me but when I'm looking for something different and looking to go out on a limb for something and there are no pictures I'm on to the next
I agree 100%. If the breeder can’t show a photo they either didn’t grow one out or it was crappy and didn’t want to show it. I know csi grows out his genetics I’m just not sure why he doesn’t post photos? I trust his work so I buy from him anyway, but would like to see photos of each pheno if possible.

These days there are as many breeders as growers. I don’t understand how a few dozen different strains can make 1000’s of combos? Seems overdone in my opinion. I’ve been making seeds for decades and haven’t ever sold one. I prefer to give them away to local friends. Up until about 2 years ago when I found csi I hadn’t ever purchased a seed. Most clones were about 10$ from Jodery and I still have many of the classics.

I agree 100%. If the breeder can’t show a photo they either didn’t grow one out or it was crappy and didn’t want to show it. I know csi grows out his genetics I’m just not sure why he doesn’t post photos? I trust his work so I buy from him anyway, but would like to see photos of each pheno if possible.

These days there are as many breeders as growers. I don’t understand how a few dozen different strains can make 1000’s of combos? Seems overdone in my opinion. I’ve been making seeds for decades and haven’t ever sold one. I prefer to give them away to local friends. Up until about 2 years ago when I found csi I hadn’t ever purchased a seed. Most clones were about 10$ from Jodery and I still have many of the classics.
I use to be in that scene I remember getting some good stuff sent to from a legend from overgrow and icmag JLP that blue moonshine but life happens moved to a new state gave all my bean away because they were getting old I didn't want them to go bad everyone I use to talk to is gone or I just forgot names and the ones I did hook up just don't wanna give up their genetics it's sad I gave a buddy my best strain just me and him had it I lost mine due to a police scare then he would not give it back to me that crushed me that he would ruin our relationship over something I gave him in the first place but till I get back going I'm gambling with these seeds banks

Peace and love remember know strain is worth a good friendship

Despite the tag of calling yourself a breeder or being called one, it is a gamble as to the outcome of your offerings. If we look at their selection process, we would realize it's based on personal preference beit financial or otherwise. So you will always have this hype train no matter if pictures are shown or not. To suggest that a picture or some sort of documentation to the public will lead to a better financial decision is just as dangerous as no pictures or documentation. The individual can always edit pictures or use various pictures that were not posted to suggest uniformity, health and/or trich production. Once you make the purchase, your outcome will not bring your money back and if you have a different outcome, it will always be suggested you did something wrong or your grow room wasn't dialed in. Let's also not forget that others will choose sides and ultimately you will not only have a loss of time and money but also an attack on your skills and knowledge of growing healthy plants. You can go back to some of the older forums to find this has occurred for over 30 years and the outcome is the same. The older heads around here know exactly what Im suggesting. How many of us have purchased certain nutrients just because someone online said it worked and pictures were shown? When our outcome was different, another additive was suggested (Cal-Mag). Later we were made to believe it was our lack of skill or water source. Now that legalization is prevalent, we are pushed to the side by those that call our methods (bro-science)! Whats next? Lastly, no one wants to be wrong or seem inadequate in the public eyes. This leaves the door open for dishonesty and contempt. Yet, your money and time can not be recovered.

Despite the tag of calling yourself a breeder or being called one, it is a gamble as to the outcome of your offerings. If we look at their selection process, we would realize it's based on personal preference beit financial or otherwise. So you will always have this hype train no matter if pictures are shown or not. To suggest that a picture or some sort of documentation to the public will lead to a better financial decision is just as dangerous as no pictures or documentation. The individual can always edit pictures or use various pictures that were not posted to suggest uniformity, health and/or trich production. Once you make the purchase, your outcome will not bring your money back and if you have a different outcome, it will always be suggested you did something wrong or your grow room wasn't dialed in. Let's also not forget that others will choose sides and ultimately you will not only have a loss of time and money but also an attack on your skills and knowledge of growing healthy plants. You can go back to some of the older forums to find this has occurred for over 30 years and the outcome is the same. The older heads around here know exactly what Im suggesting. How many of us have purchased certain nutrients just because someone online said it worked and pictures were shown? When our outcome was different, another additive was suggested (Cal-Mag). Later we were made to believe it was our lack of skill or water source. Now that legalization is prevalent, we are pushed to the side by those that call our methods (bro-science)! Whats next? Lastly, no one wants to be wrong or seem inadequate in the public eyes. This leaves the door open for dishonesty and contempt. Yet, your money and time can not be recovered.
You are always going to have fan boys and friends back up there. People, no matter what but all we can do is lay out the proof and let the smart ones decipher through it. Who cares what the dummies think anyway? I'm not on here too bad mouth anyone anyway As a community we can figure out who is doctrine Pictures, and who is being honest? I wouldn't be holding them to I better get the exact same thing just looking for an idea. Just because something looks good doesn't mean it's going to be good. That's the chance we take. And that's why we share information. I'm getting too old to worry about attacks. I just say what I think people need to hear.
They can take it or leave It.

There should be no guarantees with cannabis seeds. For example every environment is different. You can't expect the exact same outcome as the breeders grows, unless your environment is identical to the breeders. Rarely is this the case. Feminized seeds is another great example. Intersex is a strong trait in Fem's, regardless of how recessive it is. Thinking you're not going to see Intersex in any Fem'd strain is naive. This is just as true with Reg's. I can tell you one thing for sure, all the current breeders here (and ones added in the future) are extremely ethical, and are fully vetted by this community. Does that mean all of their genetics are 100% guaranteed to be absolute winners in every pack? Absolutely not. There's just far too many variables from seed for any guarantees (other than germination). When dealing with any cannabis strain, it should be up the growers to do their own due diligence from multiple sources. This allows the grower to see if the genetics align to the breeders descriptions. Dealing with seed will always be Caveat Emptor. If one wants absolute surety, they should be growing from clones, and not from seed.

Back