THE BASEment

Hey guerilla, what do you have to say about the Archive Blueberry? Does it have the classic BB aroma? Hows the potency and high?

The BB I have (no idea of its origins; got it from a neighbor in my old hood) has killer aroma, produces well and has beautiful flowers, but it is only medium potency and the high is nice but unremarkable.

Hey 180, sorry it took awhile but I just popped open the Blueberry jar for the first time today.

She definitely has the classic Blueberry aroma, kinda candyish like a Blueberry jolly rancher. The flavor is the same but much less pronounced. If you've smoked DJ's Blueberry back in the 80s, 90s or early 2000s you would immediately recognize his work.

She looks pretty good considering, but I think she would look even better with a better run. These were two old moms that I flowered out after dealing with the powdery mildew, so they were treated with pesticides and the quality is deficient. I kept the cut to hopefully get a chance to give her a proper run. Being a true sativa leaning Blueberry she seems to need at least 11 - 12 weeks to really shine, but that could be a result of the pm and pesticide.

With me rarely cracking open a jar of sativa leaning nugs I would say the high is pretty interesting, but I'd agree that it's unremarkable. Having said that though the effect is really enjoyable. Pretty euphoric with a creative, clear headed stone that's great for daytime or work. I'd actually compare it to the Santa Cruz Blue Dream cut effect wise. A little harder comedown than I expected but good marks all around.

I wish I could find anyone who still has a Blueberry or Blue Moonshine indica cut, but it seems that anyone who kept cuts of the old blues went for the sativa side. I like this cut and the Blue dream but I loved the euphoric long lasting blue indica with that Blueberry muffin smell and creamy taste. The Dabney Blue cut and MSM's Ol Blue were the closest I've seen but haven't seen them in a decade or so.

Back