Stars Align 2020

Ok confreres, did a quick photo op featuring these here nekkid ladies.

Tried to capture what I could with limited time and poor lighting. Focal length is the killer of macro photography. Never forget.

Here's a couple shots of a Lemon Tree nug. Hard to capture the quality because I took her too long and her crystals darkened. Everything in my garden that was flowered at a decent size yielded in the 2-per range except for this girl (and the wifi, mac, and zkittlez but they were smaller plants).

attachment.php

attachment.php

----------

Kush Mints. A new regular in the garden.

attachment.php

----------

GG4. Josey's girl. Can't say enough about this cut or the guy who sent her out. The cut that sewed a million blessings.

attachment.php

----------

GMO. The extra time it takes her is worth it. I take her 10 days past the rest, so while the other strains are drying, she's still going--which is fine with me. Big yielder of stanky, ranky high quality buds.

attachment.php

----------

Mystery cut. Came as one thing, turned out to be something else. This is a couple pics where I tried to capture how insanely frosty she is. Keeping her around for another run.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pt. 2 of 2

Here's the zkittlez. Finicky as she is ugly. I had to hunt through instagram for a frickin' HOUR to find pics of her. Everyone is running zkittlez crosses and they tag them as zkittlez so it took a while to get to the pics where pure zkittlez was run. But she's legit. Light odor for me, due to first run woes, but I might give her another chance, either way I'm keeping her because I have a couple acquaintances that want to defile her with some pollen.

attachment.php

----------

WiFi3. Decent white replacement if you can't wait her to veg. Low yielding, keep her around for nostalgia.

attachment.php

attachment.php

----------

Mac 1. I gave this girl WAY too little veg time. I was told veg time for a decent plant taking up 1/4 of a 4x4 tray is TWO FUCKIN MONTHS...yeesh. I'll be able to keep one vegging triple time in a room somewhere to make her ready for a reasonable size at flip. She doesn't transpire moisture fast enough when she's small--leading to various problems with her growth.

attachment.php

----------

edit: Oops! Forgot this one. WiFi x animal cookies. Big yielder of doughy, potent nugs. Very frosty and sticky. The main cola was good sized, I might top her next round.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Serious stash box you have going there, they look great. I ran my GMO too long and had the same issue but the smoke cuts right through many of my others.

Serious stash box you have going there, they look great. I ran my GMO too long and had the same issue but the smoke cuts right through many of my others.

It's working out pretty good...almost TOO good, maybe.

Daughter due in 4-6 weeks, I get one more round in this house it looks like.

Wondering if I should run Fatso or another GMO.

Wondering how I'll look after the cuts I'm not running this round.

Wondering if the Hindu is going to be a red herring.

Wondering if I'll be able to finish this upcoming grow with a toddler and newborn in the house...

The list goes on.

Congrats on number 2, mine are all grown now but I remember exactly what it was like. Nothing wrong going into sleep deprivation with plenty of good smoke on hand!

Those buds are looking good for sure. Good work. That unknown strain looks like you rolled it in kief and then dumped some more on top afterwards. What does it smell like?

Surprised you didn't like the afgooey. When i ran it like 15 years ago it was one of the frostiest strains around and one of the only ones I've grown that smells and tastes like watermelon.

zkittles and its crosses have produced some of the best concentrates I have purchased from the dispensaries up here. So tasty and good high. I hope the buds smoke good as well.

Congrats on number 2, mine are all grown now but I remember exactly what it was like. Nothing wrong going into sleep deprivation with plenty of good smoke on hand!

Amen!

We've been super lucky with our son. He sleeps 10 hours solid minimum, without fail...unless he's sick or molars are breaking through. Nobody believes us. We think the girl will test the limits of our ability, however, lol.

Those buds are looking good for sure. Good work. That unknown strain looks like you rolled it in kief and then dumped some more on top afterwards. What does it smell like?

Surprised you didn't like the afgooey. When i ran it like 15 years ago it was one of the frostiest strains around and one of the only ones I've grown that smells and tastes like watermelon.

zkittles and its crosses have produced some of the best concentrates I have purchased from the dispensaries up here. So tasty and good high. I hope the buds smoke good as well.

I'm going to run a tiny zkittlez plant one more time to make sure i didn't get an S1 or something with less taste/smell. If it turns out good I'll get her to you. Everyone says she's real finicky.

I don't get watermelon from it. It might be my grow style, but it smells of pink urinal cakes to me...partially dissolved by a warm, steaming stream of urine. It was pretty unpopular when I ran it the first time back in...08 maybe? Since then, I've gotten it mislabeled AT LEAST a half dozen times. I expect one thing and I end up getting afgooey...it's a tale as old as the weed scene in Oregon itself, it seems.

in that respect, it's just like OGs. I mean, I like OG, but I don't get lemon AT ALL from them. Like...not even close. Lots of people have reported back the smell of lemon pledge and I just don't get it. I've ran so many OG cuts and have never got the lemon smell/taste.

It might be me.

edit: the strain in question has a light smell, but it's stronger than it seems once you get it out of the house. around most of these stinkers she's hard to discern.

Last edited:
\

I'm going to run a tiny zkittlez plant one more time to make sure i didn't get an S1 or something with less taste/smell. If it turns out good I'll get her to you. Everyone says she's real finicky.

I don't get watermelon from it. It might be my grow style, but it smells of pink urinal cakes to me...partially dissolved by a warm, steaming stream of urine. It was pretty unpopular when I ran it the first time back in...08 maybe? Since then, I've gotten it mislabeled AT LEAST a half dozen times. I expect one thing and I end up getting afgooey...it's a tale as old as the weed scene in Oregon itself, it seems.

in that respect, it's just like OGs. I mean, I like OG, but I don't get lemon AT ALL from them. Like...not even close. Lots of people have reported back the smell of lemon pledge and I just don't get it. I've ran so many OG cuts and have never got the lemon smell/taste.

It might be me.

edit: the strain in question has a light smell, but it's stronger than it seems once you get it out of the house. around most of these stinkers she's hard to discern.

Yeah everyone has different smell and tastes. I remember back in the day when we ran the genius cut. Jackstraw always thought it smelled like Ginger and I always thought it smelled like lemon. No matter which one of us grew it, we both had different readings on the taste/smell even though other strains we got similar flavors.
I am on the OG lemon team. I think some of them smell like those yellow lemon scented crayola markers from when we were kids. This sfv I am getting more kush and less lemon than when I ran a sfv side by side with a tahoe like 10 years ago. But that was awhile ago and using different fertilizers and growing enviornments. I am currently growing the sfv next to the rude boi OG and the rude boi is a little more on the lemon sweet side and sfv is more kushy lemon for me.
I feel ya on getting cuts mislabeled and s1 and all. It took me 4 or 5 cuts before I got the real bubba kush and understood what the real fuss was about back in the day. I had an s1 I thought was real and looked similar but was severely lacking in potency and flavor compared to the real katsu cut. I remember being like "why did outdoor grower send me cuts I already had like that bubba and a og and some others?" Then I grew it out and his were better than mine and real, so I was very happy he sent me the strains that I already thought I had but really just had cheap imitations off.

Going to dispensaries in oregon anytime they have UK Cheese I ask to smell it. Don't even bother looking at it unless it has that super funk smell. So far 9/10 times it is not real UK cheese. Disappointing for sure, but makes it more valuable when you actually do find the real one.

Looks like the stars have aligned one more time.

I've gathered a small stable of genetics and I'll be putting the finishing touches on my grow room today, once my inline intake filter shows up.

It looks like the curly top virus I got from leafhoppers is still prevalent, though, with just about all my recent acquisitions falling slightly ill. I'm hoping they can fight it off long enough for me to get a harvest this round, then I can start over and acquire all new gear without the issue.

The star of the show will be the old Jack Herer cutting I acquired, super stoked to run her.

jack1.jpg

clones1.jpg

Small update, just a few of my plants. Have several more strains not shown. Pics suck because I took them with the lights on.

Durban Poison
durbanpoison.jpg

Gary Payton
GaryPayton.jpg

GG4
gg4.jpg

Grape Pie
Grapepie.jpg

Jack Herer
jacktwins.jpg

Back