{SPG} Sweet P.I.N.K. Grapefruit

Quite the bump bodah. I think its interesting that the SPG has that autoflowering sativa trait. It is definately remedied by intense lighting and not letting get rootbound. Femaleseeds.nl's grapefruit and zamal x skunk special do the same thing. You can even seed them and the seeds will develop and ripen in veg.

We've got SPG X SWT#3 running here with two mega SPG phenos. The best looking one seems to auto more than the SPG mom... it looks like it will be a ginormous yielding plant but I'm not sure we can control the auto-flower bs, I sure hope so.

I grew out the last (3) SWT#3 beans about 5 years ago and got a male and 2 females. One of the females was a chunky SPG pheno with a good high that tasted absolutely amazing, the other a bit more on the Sativa side, thinner leaves and buds, more stretch and easier to bend in SCROG. Made a small # of F2's from each plant that I hope to try in a few years. STW#3 was the second pack I bought and grew after C99...

I laugh everytime i read a spg pheno coming out of swtbx3...having grown hundreds of swtbx3 from seed and growing out SPG numerous times, i have never found a pheno in swtbx3 that had could get me high like the spg..spg pounds your head, while swtbx3 makes you wonder why you even bothered growing it..sure some phenos smell of GF but that is where the similarites end IMO......;)

I laugh everytime i read a spg pheno coming out of swtbx3...having grown hundreds of swtbx3 from seed and growing out SPG numerous times, i have never found a pheno in swtbx3 that had could get me high like the spg..spg pounds your head, while swtbx3 makes you wonder why you even bothered growing it..sure some phenos smell of GF but that is where the similarites end IMO......;)

I agree, though I've only grown out 2 packs of SWT#3. I never even had one that smelled like the GF, or even a large yielding one for that matter. What I'm growing now you would consider a 4th back cross and we've got 2 that both smell like GF with something else in there. One of them looks very much like the SPG in structure, the heavy AF one that seems to be coming around now finally.

Reactions: mre
None of the SWT#3 I grew from one pack tasted like grapefruit - they were more of a fruity/mixed berry sweetness. I was referring to the structure, but haven't grown the SPG cut so that's only from comparing what I grew to pics of SPG. Haven't smoked SPG either, but prefer less body than the sweet tooth gave.

Having grown many Swt#3's and the spg I gotta say they are not all that similar. Yeah Swt is a bx3 but it is a much more hardy, thick branched plant than the SPG. SPG also has a certain funk to the smell that I didn't see from many Swt phenos. They're both winners. I gotta say I am looking forward to this one making the rounds again. She is worthy.

wow, this is opening a can of worms. lol. for some reason, sweet tooth never made the reorder list. now i understand why. and what has become of mr. foe? i dont see him anymore so i hope it is all for the best? peace-biteme

Reactions: mre
i liked both but agree they are worlds apart. i loved both but the swt3 i liked cuz i loved the tastes and it yielded enough that i could smoke it all day and still have some left to pay the bills and people loved it (backwoods usa) the spg was more for treating myself. was agood bit more potent and taste was out of this world. she didnt yeild bad but i grew few of her at a time because in my setup she liked to branch out like a champ then bitch out and snap under the pressure at the last second and i hated staking plants up. she's one i'll always miss

always been interested in this one, and after reading this thread my wish list just got a bit longer.

Good thread UNI

Keeping that pre-flowering/semi-auto trait under control can be heartache. Seems like every time I turn around that little girls trying to grow up to fast.

Keeping that pre-flowering/semi-auto trait under control can be heartache. Seems like every time I turn around that little girls trying to grow up to fast.
i susually kept moms in 6" square pots of coco, i just put the spg in a big round nursury pot and replaced it more often to get past the autoflower crap. had t do the same with some blueberry mums

That looks a little kushy. I thought maybe the buds looked more sativa. Does it smoke clear like a sat or is there some heaviness to her?

its a good ballance maybe a bit more on the cheery side. potency wise she's not weak by any means but also defiatly not something that i'd warn someone about. its more the quality of the high than the power that i like. grew her mainly for the taste.

the buds do usually look differnt than that but like i said it was the only photo i could find at the time. if you want other examples look back through the thread. there are multiple posts from people who have the EXACT same cut.

Back