{SPG} Sweet P.I.N.K. Grapefruit

I've got a friend whose been a long time heavy smoker who experienced an anxiety problem with SPG. That same bud never had a problem with a kick ass, racy pheno of Cinderella 99 though! So go figure!

LMFAO, thats funny, same thing happend to me, I had to talk myself down a few times on the C99, but for some reason the SPG just wasn't strong enough, I got a funky system, opiatic, is that a word, couchlock is my middle name. Boy if you are a taste fan, those are a couple a dandies

Alabaster you are the O.N.E. that has a dial on this lady and knows how to bring the best out of her !! The aroma is oh so fine :bong2:

I know this is a small little tester but any of yous think this looks like the SPG?

Attachments

• DSC02792 (Large).JPG
    DSC02792 (Large).JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 13
{{{S.P.G. x Dj's BB x P.D}}} (((Sweet Diesel)))

Week 7 (day 49)

Damn Hobbitt thats nice thanks for sharing your pictures your a Good Donkey I don't care what they say lol:deadhorse2:

Are these related to SPG? I was thinking they are somehow.

picture.php

hey Tal.....sort of but not really...Think its a Grapefruit" knockoff by VicHigh for BCGA man...This is from here in the strain Section stickied under OldStrainCatalogs/BCGA..
FOE20

Thanks Foe20 - I knew there was a connection somewhere, but couldn't remember the details. I bought two packs of these and ran one of them. It was pretty good smoke - not outstanding, but keepable. Maybe I'll run these for kicks and see what I get this time. Better than seeing them go to waste I reckon.

Peace -
Tal

the way i remember the story was that Steve got the cut from an old grower and it was just called "the only thing worth growing"....my understanding was that Steve hung the SPG moniker on it.

i know it's apples and oranges but i've grown out SPG and mebeanboy's Grapefruit (Pukeberry) side by side and they don't appear to be related but i'll take the Pukeberry over SPG every single time.

the way i remember the story was that Steve got the cut from an old grower and it was just called "the only thing worth growing"....my understanding was that Steve hung the SPG moniker on it.

i know it's apples and oranges but i've grown out SPG and mebeanboy's Grapefruit (Pukeberry) side by side and they don't appear to be related but i'll take the Pukeberry over SPG every single time.

I'm led to believe it came via the Asian community.... the SPG or BC grapefruit indica

np Tal...I like Vics work myself...One of my other selected keepers is a SQueen which is a rip of Vics SQueen renamed to SpaceJill by Subber after they supposedly out crossed to c99 again..bla..bla....

FOE20

Yeah one of my all time favorites was a Space Queen I found that smelled like fresh ground coffee. I lost her during a security shutdown several years ago. I know someone who still has her, but it's unreachable for me. I don't want them to know I'm growing again. Sure would like to get that one back.

Quote:
The story behind SPG that I've heard was Steve was gifted a group of clones and one was marked "the one to grow."

Theres no parent line for this strain..Lets start there...Ive run Swt#1 and its not as much like SPG as Swt#3...

why would SWT #1 be more like SPG its a 50/50 plant, now with its backcross bx3 the plant becomes more SPG like in theory (assuming it was backcrossed to SPG).... therefore you will find more SPG like phenos within SWT #3 although a lot reported the strain hit and miss so perhaps more work should of been done with it.......

older heads have stated that there was a box of clones marked as "the only plant to grow/the only plant you'll need" who are we to say that isn't the case ? theres documentation out there and people who where there that have told us this is so.....

kopite

Last edited:
I just recently germed what I had left in a pack of Breeder Steve's earliest adventure mix from 2002 or so. There are supposed to be 4 Sweet Tooth #3 seeds out of the 12 in the pack. After seeing these little babies grow into monsters @ 5 inches, I don't know why I ever stopped growing them! Funny thing is they all look exactly the same. I thought this was supposed to be a mix of experiments or something like that. They all have huge, robust fans, and more vigor than any plant I've ever seen! Big fat thick stems. It's almost obscene how vigorous they are though. Now I remember why I scrapped her. She preflowers too badly! Since I did the SWT#3, I got the SPG, and that preflowers way worse than the Swt#3 ever did. I think I'm going to like having Sweet Tooth back. She's easy to trim. Barely a leaf sticks out of her huge buds. And Yield! My God......you couldn't ask for a better yield! Taste is fantastic. People claimed that she was a mild buzz, but the one I did certainly wasn't lacking. And you want to talk about bag appeal? Wow!

I have access to steves spg cut , havent smoked it yet but have a few old friends in BC with it .

Well Kopite cause we ran it from seed...so anything is possible?.....Even DJ had Oax phenos show up in the said F-5's of Blue lines...But yea man my intention was to get the best SPG pheno and this is doin well..but it is getting more a Swt Sweet now rather than the tart SPG which sux a lil....Im hopin the SPG prevails...this was just 1 of 2 phenos so far out of some old SOL Swt#3 but only have a 5pk maybe?...I started 2 or 3 and sent them to TKOs...then I went over after sexing and tooke best SPG rep cuts....Thats all Im doin...
But after RkyMtnBuds SPGxHaze Im all about seeing what the SPG is really about....have you messed with this allot?...
FOE20

anything is def possible.... I was assuming the swt3 was backcrossed to SPG.. therefore giving more phenos like SPG perhaps it was crossed back to BBS or such like plant.....

Kopite

Old thread, but just thought I'd add that the Pink Grapefruit Cocktail was a limited edition GF x C-99 hybrid. Same C-99 daddy's as his other lines that went through the uv testing etc., Spacequeen and Killerqueen... I remember bidding on a pack on Cbay way back when, that was almost 15 years ago now :S...

Cheers,
Bod

Back