Somebody please explan Chem to me

MrDank

I usually don't get caught up in this, but what exactly is the difference between:
Chem
ChemDawg
Chem D
Chemdawg D
Chemdawg DD
Chem #4
Chemdawg #4
ChemDawg D #4
etc.

Also, I always thought Chemdawg was a clone only, yet I read where people grow seeds and that's how the Chem #4 came about? I have no idea what I'm talking about to be honest. Only reason I care is because I am getting the Chem D and I want to know exactly what I'm getting

Thanks

It looks like to me that your list is combining clone only cuts and also some seed work done.

Chem
ChemDawg These two are prolyy just referencing what most refer to as the 91chemdawg. That is the original chemdawg cut found in 91 or so.

Chem D
Chemdawg D These are same thing....the "D" referencing a different cut. This cut came from beans that were found in the original pounds that chem91 was found in. The seeds were just popped recently tho, but its sister to chem91 cut.

Chemdawg DD This is rezdogs chemD backcross or something like that.

Chem #4
Chemdawg #4 This is another pheno found in the same beans that were found in the original pounds. Another sister to chem91 and chemD

ChemDawg D #4 Dont know what that is...lol

There are some threads at ICMAG which go all over this...theres a ton of fine detalis that I left out, but you can read about them over there if your still curious. Im sure someone will chime in with a thread for ya to check out, but thats the basic gist of it all.

Motherlovin chemdawg. Never smoked the original. smoked lots of OG tho. If it's anything similar, then hello dolly.

And i LOVED og. I mean loved me some OG. I dont give a F what ppl say about it nowadays. Yeah I'm a newb, whatever, I still loves me some og tho.

Which is the absolute best cut btw? I had some OG that was named Homer Kush @ this dispensary. This was the hands down best version I ever tried. Props to Homer lol.

We just sampled our Chemdog91 x Old Time Moonshine and was very pleased with what is going on. Earthy, strong, thick dark with a touch of hash and usually a cough. 3 Hits numbed your head if that's any indication of the CD lineage it is well worth the effort.

The plants still have another 3 weeks to finish so this was an early sample that was not quick dried. For that early in flower we were impressed.

Peace

WP

CD91xOTM in flower

View attachment 60204

wow so much miss information here.. go check out high and lonesomes thread on the chems you need any other further referencing ask me or the doghouse crew...we know...firsthand not second or third or hopefull knowledge.

ok here is whats what ...
chem and chemdawg are just referening to chemdawg the buds prob the d or the 4 buds or just fake ass buds that are sour d called chem.. the real 91 chem is called the skunk va cut not chemdog.
this cut was sourced well the buds were sourced by joebrand aka wonk aka chemfather. he sourced the original buds well him and pbud.. 2 very cool chill guys. the buds came from colorado a lb of the dogbud to chemdog the guy... another really cool cat . he took the lb and then found seeds in the lb.. he started some the seeds in 91 and out came the skunk va cut, chem sister and the D ..
if its real 91 chem it will be labeled skunk va.
chem d is just that chem D or chemdog D
Chemdog DD is rez'z crap cross of chem d to his sour d ibl dad hence the DD.
Chemdog 4 was found in the same batch of seeds the chem sister the skunk va and the D were found in ,just oh 14 or so years later by joebrand .. he started a few beans and he dubbed the 4 the reunion pheno. as it reminds him of the original dogbud from co...

look bro if your getting the D from our mutual friend then its good...the rest of the gear dont woory about...

Last edited:
wat up mr d 2 unglorify da shiz for you and just tell u what chem d is

outta 12 bag seedz dere be deez keepers
chemdog (da original bagseed dat was started) , chemdog sister, chemdog d, chemdog #4 each iz similar but unique 91 d and 4 hermie to some degree under certain pressures but when grown well produce excellent flowers peace :sick3:

to beat a dead horse a lil more for ya ;)

So what ever happened to "chemdawg b"?

I just read H&L's Chemdog 101...And I can't help but to think..In all respect..Its kinda like those short stories that you would have to read, in your high school english class...and at the end of reading the story, you would have to remeber certain details of the story you just read...that's what the chemdog line background kinda remends me of..lol

Last edited:
As far as I know there were a, b, c and d and only d was a keeper, same thing with the batch that produced the chem #4, there was a chem #1, #2 and #3 and it was 4 that was the keeper. The 91 was a lucky hit, there were apparently males in the first batch that produced the 91 but chemdog the dude as young and didn't realise he had such a hit on his hands and didn't keep the males.

I've often wondered what chemdog is, having tried the D and 91, there is a definite something about it that reminds me of the old Positronics Shiva which was seriously dank and fuelly and very potent indica.

the abridged version:

chem 91 (the origional?) skunk va
chem #4, as in 1,2,3,4 the 4th seedling was the best but the others are still around, 1,2, and 3. (chemfather's selection)

chem D (as in, A,B,C,D) most call it Chem Dog, don't know if the A,B,and C are around but would imagine so. (chemdog's selection)

there's many others, but those 3 are the nuts and bolts.

skip to 2008..
Now you have tresdog(chemdbx3), stardog(tresdogxchem4), etc etc. it's rapidly becoming impossible to track the chem lines as many males now exist.

Last edited:
guys just read my post. its says the right info there thats needed. likei said anyone need any other info just pm me or the doghouse crew.

the skunk va is the most similar to og out off all the chems IMO.

Back