Shov's Garden 2021

8-9-2021

Blueberry Cheese have preflowers. Watching for the Afghani to show as they weren't feminized.

Blueberry Cheese (2)

Blueberry Cheese.jpg

Afghan x Blk Domina (left) CBD Critical Mass+ (right)

Afghan x Black Domina CBD Critical Mass+.jpg

Afghan from Winthrop, Ma.

Afghan.jpg

Runt autos

dblgrp alien.jpg

As four plants hit 6' I topped them all back about a foot and plucked a lot of fan leaves to open them up for now. They will stretch a lot more, I'm sure. I have to get back to them and trim the low hanging branches.
Left the afghani as it's behind at almost 5' and all fan leaves yet.
They barely show preflowers, if they do. Mid Aug is what I expect here.

still high and dry here, not much rain at all. not expecting a thing from this tropical storm either. The corn was good, what the raccoons didn't ravage. Been pickin beans, lots still coming. Butternut squash are crazy, many many, and we've grown these a few times with mediocre results. The sweet 100 cherry tomato plant should be 'sweet 1000', had hundreds and gave out hundreds, still coming every day. The sandwich tomato plant is finishing, one pumpkined tomato picked and a few others on a very blighted vine. The half dozen romas are putting out a lot of smaller fruit but good quality and very little blossom end rot, to which the dry conditions contribute.

So as no rain is expected I watered everything including the mj this evening. I have not watered much at all due to drought conditions.

The pot plants were fed fish nutrient yesterday and watered in today. Looking good, just starting to flower. Photos later.

8-24-2021

Blueberry Cheese (2)
Blueberry Cheese.jpg

Afghan x Black Domina
Afghan x Black Domina .jpg

CBD Critical Mass+
CBD Critical Mass+.jpg

I really should get in there and put some tape around the stalks to stop the borers from getting into the plant. That strategy has worked well, I don't use pesticides. To that end I am presently preparing the yard for grass seed by pulling every weed, and it as ALL WEED.

8-29-2021

All seems well. Busy with ripping out front weed/lawn as lawn contractor could be any time early Sept. A heat wave (as they call it here, 3+ days 90º) slowed progress some. It has been very dry, not much for measurable rainfall until maybe early this morning. But the garden is nuts, busy every day getting tomatoes picked and frozen or eaten by someone. Plenty of green beans, as much as can be consumed the vines ravaged the depleted corn stalks caused by the raccoons. Too many vines, less stalks and they get overweighed and fall down. Beans still go good and are easy to pick either way. The butternut squash are growing very well, lots of them. So pretty surprising with not so much rain and maybe 3 light waterings. As you'll see in the photos, nothing seems very parched, everything pretty much green so it has been a comfortably dry season here.

The four herbs
overhead.jpg

Blueberry Cheese 1
bluchz1.jpg

Blueberry Cheese 2
bluchz2.jpg

Afghan x Black Domina
afgxblkdom.jpg

CBD Critical Mass+
cbdcritmass.jpg

NNE view from deck
cornfield.jpg

thanks. the season here goes to mid-late Oct., early nov. They just start to show sex aug 7-14 around here. So a lot can happen in the meanwhile. The outdoor can be a bonus or bust. I put my bets on the indoor grow for my stash.

9-20-2021

it's been dry but a little bit of rain last week.

Blueberry Cheese

blueberry cheese.jpg

Critical Mass+ / Black Domina x Afghan
they are forming buds as well as the blueberry cheese, but didn't show in this photo very well.

critical mass-bdxafg.jpg

9-24-2021

plants have been in bloom since 8/9, just about seven weeks. buds are looking good. we had some rain and pretty good wind and a couple branches broke. i cut them out as I trim the fans and open them up a lot. I got 1.5 out of 4 plants cleaned up when mrs needed a ride to appt. I was on a stoned roll in the garden and I knew I'd not get back to work today once I stopped. domani.

photos and weekly update on Monday. Have a wicked weekend, folks.

Ah, those heavy branches, so vulnerable to wind or a soaking (and if you get both at the same time, fuggedaboudit). A buddy had one of his big ladies flop and break this week. He repaired her as he could and harvested the parts that didn't make it. Duct tape, string and stakes ftw.

Good luck bringing them to harvest. Sounds like it's been a dry season up there so hopefully not much mold to deal with. :thumright:

Ah, those heavy branches, so vulnerable to wind or a soaking (and if you get both at the same time, fuggedaboudit). A buddy had one of his big ladies flop and break this week. He repaired her as he could and harvested the parts that didn't make it. Duct tape, string and stakes ftw.

Good luck bringing them to harvest. Sounds like it's been a dry season up there so hopefully not much mold to deal with. :thumright:

thanks,
got them all lightened and they look fine. lots of colas and not awful fat yet so mold-manageable, maybe. only one borer and it was a short spur, saved the buds for a test. If I don't get ripped (spotted today by 4wheeler) I'll take the tops in a week or two.
photos manana.

Back