Shov's Garden 2021

well, an old friend from home town since first band 1966. But there's reasons I've not seen him. ;) no bad blood, just philosophical differences.

I was visiting a mutual friend and he made the effort to drive 30 miles (Greater Boston, so it was a bitch) Sorry to say, a living walking example of karma. He's had poor health, financial drama, unlucky in love and everything else. So the shit weed and beans are more karma, it seems. Poor SOB had to take a break from a great italiano meal, eat too fast - hiatal hernia. Then went home.

The shake was some fucking funny though. I brought the host 3 ozs of weed I'm pleased enough with. Also a 1/2 gal of maple syrup for host and had an extra Qt. for the mutual friend. We finished what I had left, a couple grams of green hash. The beans I really do not have a place for them either really. In any event I don't think they'll command much space. :)

Shovel look at the bright side, I will bet you smoked up the good stuff with him, at least he knows what good stuff is, my 70yr old brother stopped on way to east coast walk about, he had empty jars.......I packed his jars with chocolate diesel and cred x Choco trip from Uni

what good is it to be up in your game if you don't share / show it? My folks taught, when visiting someone we do not go empty handed. And those like to show up empty AND never offering hospitality themselves are showing themselves poorly. :gramps:

well, here are two surviving afghani. A little distorted, not especially strong looking. we will see... I hope to see a female between the two.

afghan.jpg

No doubt, some funky looking growth there, almost looks like the real deal skunk back in the day.... maybe a sign of old school eh? luck man

short story. Go to run an errand and three robin chicks in the grass, blown outta the nest. So I run errand and see to the chicks, first thing, dig some worms. Had to buy trout worms, soil dry as a cork even under mulch. So critical plants need watering. These are the five photo-period plants. They are looking good, I did water each a couple of days ago. But by the looks of my worm hunt, the soil is very dry now even though it had been raining recently, including all this morning!

birds are in a straw filled woven twig basket I had, hanging from the tree. The nest was way the fuck up and it has blown down. An adult robin is in the area and attentive to the situation but cautious. The new neighbor, bluebird just flew into the basket and could have well practiced infanticide. I'll go look later.

coming along fine. the two autos are ridiculously wee, they're too embarrassed to stand for a photo. Corn/beans/squash are thriving as are the cannabis plants. Tomatoes are also recovering nicely.

100_0300.jpg

bluebirds getting out of the rain and finding warmth under the electric can.

100_0299.jpg 100_0297.jpg

In the garden today I check out the runt double grape auto. Its a dwarf maybe 9" tall but all budding out and should be a fat little stick of goodness when done. It smells great. Dunno if it's grape but if I opened a grape drink and it smelled that good i'd drink it. ;) The alien auto is unreal tiny, like not even up to barbie's butt. Hopeless, it will likely get stepped on soon. The Skywalker I planted along with them shows me that it is NOT autoflowering. But it is doing great. The last in a row of four plants that were eaten at night, one plant a day. The soil in that area seems to be needing so I started using GreenPlant Medi One, a concentrate macro micro nutrient liquid for outdoors (it stinks as it should). Once a week should be good.

7-12-2021

Coons have ravaged the corn. Over a hundred acres of corn and they tear down ours. The sweet corn tassels and starts to form ears earlier.

bluecheese.jpg Blue Cheese

Afghan kush x Black Domina.jpg Afghan Kush x Black Domina

CBD Critical Mass+.jpg CBD Critical Mass+

Afghan.jpg Afghan

double grape.jpg Double Grape Auto runt

alien etc..JPG Alien etc. piece of straw is pushing it over, friggin' nano-bastard

Missed the Skywalker in the other plot. It is tall and has been topped to try and manage it's stealth.

7-19-2021

Missed the Skywalker again this week - it's doing well.

Blueberry Cheese

Blueberry Cheese 1.jpg Blueberry Cheese 2.jpg

CBD Critical Mass+

CBD Critical Mass+.jpg

Afghan Kush x Black Domina

Afghan Kush x Black Domina.jpg

Afghan

Afghan.jpg

Racoon have wrecked the corn looking for ears that haven't developed yet. Took down 12 stalks one night, 9 again the nest and a couple more last night. bandit jerks.

We've had a little wind, blew a few plants over, probably should stake them. Coons are still a menace. Dickheads were into the gas grill last night, fearless bandits. Corn is pretty beat but some ears hiding in there. Tomatoes are coming very well, the cherry tomato plant is a monster.
But here are the main flora.

A pair of Blueberry Cheese

Blueberry Cheese.jpg

Afghan x Black Domina (left) CBD Critical Mass+ (right)

afgxbd-cbdcritmass.jpg

Skywalker

Skywalker .jpg

Afghan Laying down)

Afghan.jpg

Double Grape auto a shrimp but might be nice smoke.

Dblgrape.jpg

Alien Triangle etc. - has been getting walked on, it's all of 3" tall. Pretty worthless. The trauma they experienced in the beginning really screwed the autos. The others look none the worse and actually a little dense.

Well the one and only seed from Burnie that wasn't clear to me was marked Skywalker. It was in the list with the Mephisto Seeds. Mephisto has Skywalker auto. So I figured it was probably that. Well, it didn't show preflowers and stretched like a beanstalk so I figured it to be a fem Skywalker, NOT auto. Well, today I find that she has balls and was 86ed from the patch.

Bummer that last Burnie seed wasn't a girl you could work... I know he gave out lots of Mephisto gear as I received my fare share.. would of been nice to see ya blow one last one up for B.. others look amazing, keep up the fine works..

8-3-2021

8-3-2021.jpg

Plants have been blown about by the wind lately. I think I'll stake them each and eventually I'll wrap them in wire or something to make it more difficult to run off with them all.

Nice patch you got going, love the corn in the background of that last pic. Love that blueberry/cheese pairing:puffpuffpass:

Looking good Shove!
See you've given that Double Grape Auto runt plenty of room to grow. Are you thinking toothpicks for stakes, or maybe ready for the bbq skewers? :):bigarmhug:

Looking good Shove!
See you've given that Double Grape Auto runt plenty of room to grow. Are you thinking toothpicks for stakes, or maybe ready for the bbq skewers? :):bigarmhug:

you like that one? you should see the Alien Triangle. It was being held up by a piece of straw but it keeps getting stepped on. I'll try and remember to get a photo when I pull it up this weekend.

A family of bunnies were playing in the yard, in and around the garden. They scared the birds out of the garden as they chased around. Very hard to tell how many, seemed like 5 or 6. I saw one today eating weed (wild lettuce) by the bird feeders. So they probably know who was responsible for eating the hemp seedlings, one by one. I don't think there's anything in the garden to their tastes right now. :rabbit:

Back