Shov's Closet Winter 2023-24

Most unfortunately, PM has ruined this crop. One plant has a major outbreak. The other plant is clear to the naked eye but I wouldn't think it is PM free.
I don't understand. RH has been low 40%, there is a fan directly on the plants and the closet is open to air exchange, the plants have not been wet. What the bloody 'ell?
I washed off the plants with bicarb solution to mitigate it's spread. I'll have to take down and disinfect everything before I can begin another grow.
:dazed053:

Shit! That's a bummer, Shov. PM does thrive in low humidity, though; as far as I can recall (haven't dealt with PM indoors for a very long time), wet conditions at the start, followed by dry conditions, can allow PM to get bad. But, where did it come from??? Maybe the soil mix?

PM?
It's everywhere, all the time, outdoors.
Have not seen any indoors, yet.

I water rinse all my bud, then put it in a jar with 6% H2O2 and shake it quite harshly.
As long as the water/peroxide are not extremely cold, very few trics are damaged.
The PM spores are killed and dust and frass get washed away.
Always add some peroxide to the slush when making bubble hash too.
Cleanest, mold free, hash ever.
Have enjoyed watching this grow, Shove.
What's next for you?

Aloha Weez
Thanks for the ideas. I've rinsed outdoor weed like that as it can get pretty dirty and contaminated.

What's next... I have a sprig of Rosemary I rooted and a succulent I rescued from a friends trash to up pot as they are doing very well. These along with a clay pot of grass for the cats have been sharing the closet. One pot plant is still in the pot and I'll see how it finishes it's last week or two. I am low on decarbed edible flowers so I'll process the plant I cut and is drying for edible.

I received an avalanche of seed in a photo contest and I'll choose something to grow in the closet very soon. These would be photo determinate, either feminized or M/F. In the garden this season I have a couple of auto variety seed, I'd like to try a bunch of these. I plan on planting these in June.

Sister Delores and her husband are back in the islands for four months visiting ohana. Wish I was there...
:island:

I regret that I spaced out the weekly update even though the plants are gone. I was reminded to update when I remembered to trim the last plant (in a minute).
I transplanted the Rosemary and dug and potted a clod of sod to grow for a friend's cats. I rescued a nice succulent that they nearly destroyed and I will now keep. The three of these are in the tent along with the little lipstick plant I've keep a couple of years now. I

Next step is to decided what to start and buy some sort of soil. I've a lot of new seed from an og.com photo contest. I'll think on that when I'm more 'pure of mind'. :whacky114:

Back