Shov's Closet Winter 2023-24

Shovelhandle

Started three Zkittles auto and a few days later two Wedding Gelato. They sprouted up and started ok but all are not well. I used a root solution, according to instructions, to prepare/charge the sprouting soil. Today they were each removed from cups, soaked in a bucket of water and back into cups of new, unaltered soil. So this is not good, especially for autos. The prognosis for a sick auto is bad. They dwarf, and I've had enough of that recently. :stop:

Trimmed the last closet plant, a Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk. And I harvested a sorry looking bowl of crap. Unlike any other phenotype I've grown recently this weed is airy and barren. It has seed but none fell out when I was plucking and rubbing the crispy little shit leaves off. Not sticky, easy cleanup. :(
It's to finish drying in it's bowl in the pantry. I'll give a go sometime. :puffpuffpass:

The new seedlings are recovering. We'll see as I debut a new closet line up come Tuesday.

Week Two

Three Auto Zkittles, Two Wedding Gelato

IMG_2023-11-28-08-47-50-770.jpg

well, this is cute. no photo upload, just the stinkin' link. :kp:

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna be bushy plants shove. But there is something with your soil that they arnt fond of.

Thanks, Bear. I explained the soil issue in the first post.
Usually I would not have autos in cups for more than 4-5 days but as these were having trouble getting started in the hot soil I waited. They are now in their 3 gallon bags. Though likely the damage has been done to stunt these autos. The WG should recover well.
The soil is HP Promix with 25% denser potting soil w/ bark product on top.

IMG_2023-11-29-15-42-01-142c.jpg
attachment.php

note; although the foliage burned the roots were excellent.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bear. I hope so if I can help it. :juggle:
I had to do some urgent care on these when they started going south in the cups from the root juice I used. I removed the plants from the cups, dunked them in a bucket of water to clean off most of the soil and replant in the cups with fresh soil. There was a lot of root as there was when I transplanted to the bags. So I hope they can come around and thrive.
The plan to grow the autos and the photos together is to play by ear, maybe grow under 18/6 until the autos are done and change to 12/12 to bloom the Wedding Gelato. The WG will likely be topped, the autos not.

Gosh, i grew a BIG pot of basil, almost every year that we've lived here. Let them go a couple of years ago. I REALLY like basil. The giant lettuce leaf basil is so good in salads or as wraps. Will need to look to see if i still have seeds, maybe start some up this winter.

Thanks, Olday. But I'm not sure about adding epsom. I believe I caused the plants' issue when I over-poured cal-mag last feeding. The jug is messy to pour so I tried to pour 3ml into a spoon holding it over the watering. Oops. I hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Yes, it is a problem. 😞

Back