Shov's Closet Winter 2023-24

I'm not sure about that, Freak.
They are doing shitty. I screwed the pooch from the beginning. I started in solo cups (at least the autos should have started in their bags). I used a root juice to prepare the promix and it was too strong and the sprouts didn't like it. I had to dump the soil, drench the roots and replant in the cups. They started to straighten out and I transplanted into bags. I fed them a grow formula and spilled too much calmag into the watering pail. The plants hate it, nute burn, stunted growth and slow water intake. I am watering with plain water hoping to dilute the medium, I've had no opportunity to feed bloom nutes to the autos. It's a fucking wreck. Though the autos are flowering and frosting up. Runts.

Oh ya, I'm flush. I trimmed off the crispy shit and watered them. Kill 'em or cure 'em. I've three more Wedding Gelato seeds for later. ;)

These wee things are workin' ya too hard for the yield, yah?
Good save though.

I don't understand the whole auto-flower thing indoors.
Why not induce flowering with the photoperiod?
Then you control the end size and harvest target.
Not to mention the ability to clone exceptional phenotypes.

And outdoors?
In the tropicsi, for 11 month out of the year, every plant is "autoflower".
Evict 'em from the veg. room, et voila. (He humble bragged) :)

Thanks Wee but I ain't saving shit. I screwed them up time and again. :rolleyes:

Autos or photos, neither will thrive if I don't treat them well.
Indoors autos are done in 60 - 75 days. I've run some sativa-strong photo varieties starting from 12/12. These still take that long or more and aren't any bigger, by average, considering the time. Some other varieties don't stretch much or at all in bloom cycle.
I don't clone very often.
I don't live in the tropics. Outdoors here many varieties will not be finished by the end of our season. Also, I need to get the plants harvested early due to loss of security when the surrounding corn is cut. Though I've not had any luck as yet getting autos to thrive for me outdoors. But I've had some success in the closet. Indoors or out autos are very particular. They stunt very very easily, they don't seem like transplanting.

Reactions: 180
another week and not improving. so lights to 12/12, putting the wedding gelato to flower and the autos zkittles will have to lump it. I am anxious to finish these up and get a fresh start.
photos later, been too much busy and now too much fatigue.

Over the years, the plant fatality here on the prairie has been outstanding, harrr. My pepper plants are looking pathetic. Fighting the aphids, continually. Little f'ers. So, take heart, you'll do better next time!

The high angle of your photo makes the stunted plants look especially forlorn. I bet they'll still be resinous!

But I know the feeling. Some fugly plants never make it, just get turned into edibles....

well, 180. those 'sticks', the runts from last grow are absolute primo flowers. These are puny but may also produce a weeny amount of worthy smokes. The photos may yet recover to flower nicely. :santa2:

Auto Zkittles are cut at about day 70. Tired of looking at them, but they're good and done. I barely touched of the first plant I cut and my hand was wicked sticky. So gloved up and cut/leafed them. Not much there but it's quality. The scissor hash lights right up and is potent.
IMG_2024-01-24-13-13-08-786.jpg

Back