Shovelhandle Garden 2023

I like to use latex gloves until they're too gummed up to use anymore. Turn them inside out and toss in the freezer. Pull them out and gather the sticky stuff.

10/10/2023

Very windy and low light but got the Tuesday pics.

All Gas x Gelato

attachment.php

Raskal's OG x Lemon Diesel

attachment.php

Attachments

• All Gas x Gelato.jpg
    All Gas x Gelato.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Raskal OG x Lemon Diesel.jpg
    Raskal OG x Lemon Diesel.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 45
Weather has cooled significantly and has been wet off and on. Ten day forecast looks about the same. So I took in the remainder of the All Gas etc. and the Raskal etc.
Deck has 6" planks.

All Gas
attachment.php

attachment.php

Raskal

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2023-10-11-13-45-16-466.jpg
    IMG_2023-10-11-13-45-16-466.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2023-10-11-13-45-46-802.jpg
    IMG_2023-10-11-13-45-46-802.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2023-10-11-13-52-40-156.jpg
    IMG_2023-10-11-13-52-40-156.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2023-10-11-13-52-55-684.jpg
    IMG_2023-10-11-13-52-55-684.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 46
trimming leaves today. I'll leave the buds on the branches to dry. The branches I left in the garden to finish will likely out produce the earlier amount harvested from those two plants. So I have a new strategy for next season. When the corn gets cut I cut the tops and bend the rest of the branches down low.
I'm very pleased with the results so far. Though I've not tried any. The plants fed from the garden soil without supplements other than two doses of Kool Bloom-Dry, a bud booster. We had enough rain though I did water 2-3 times throughout the summer.

Winter quash grew huge and plenty. Had a few summer and zucchini hiding in the mix. Planted beans to climb the sunflowers and had a couple messes of those. The tomato and pepper plants I bought did not produce as well as the volunteer vegetables. I don't have a quarter of the usual amount of tomato sauce put up. I've not been pleased with the last two years buying from that greenhouse, their stock seems 'tired'. So I'll try another next year.

Best year for squash at this location, since we've been here. Over thirty rare white acorn squash, that everyone is surprised how much they like it. Eight Black Futsu from one plant, such a good winter squash. Tons of summer squash.

Dropped off company at big city airport. Was fun, i suppose a longer visit would be okay, but i like my peace and quiet.

blessins

10/20/2023

Trimmed, not manicured buds from the garden, the late lower branches in Qt. 2l and 3l jars. other jars are samples of the rest of the plants. They were taken early, trimmed and frozen for hash or edible.
IMG_2023-10-20-17-10-59-142.jpg

I underestimated the weight of the squash. This coaster of them includes two 6.5 and a 9.5 lbs. Shees!
I got these into the cellar, bad back and all. Five more left in the garden to finish ripening.

attachment.php

Attachments

• squash.jpg
    squash.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 36
nice looking squash, my friend. I managed to grow a few this past summer. Going to make a Moroccan Beef stew and used my squash instead of carrots. Delish dish with lots of spice and dried apricots too.

Which is not to say that one can't add some harissa if the mood strikes :pep1::d2:

I'd post a smoke report but my sense of smell is off 90% of the time, taste isn't any easier to tell. But the effects I can give a subjective opinion.
The three varieties are all very good smokes. I've not tried these too much yet. The All Gas x Gelato is some heavy shit. Two - three hits, feeling each one, like hash. A little more and it as an edgy initial effect, nice! A joint made it through a few sessions last evening, one just now and there's a good buzz left in the clipped roach, I'm sure. Now I've tried a few heavily touted, high thc% dispensary buds I am more confident in qualifying the home grown as very good. It seems as strong or stronger than the shop buds I've gotten.

Further trial of the All Gas x Gelato confirms that this weed has been psychoactive to me early on, edgy, dark, paranoia. I'll finish a joint over a number of hours and stay plenty high. It's very potent.
I'm excited about the early harvest of it that is fresh frozen for hash.

Further trial of the All Gas x Gelato confirms that this weed has been psychoactive to me early on, edgy, dark, paranoia. I'll finish a joint over a number of hours and stay plenty high. It's very potent.
I'm excited about the early harvest of it that is fresh frozen for hash.

edgy , dark , paranoia ….right down my alley

there are some strandivars out there that are to dark , to edgy , and to much paranoia

i once threw a lid of such weed into the Ventura River in 1968

Back