Shoreline

The plant looks great. Are you going to re-plant it? Is that beer cup going to work?

One thing u can say about SL is she is slow , lol...'bout 3-4 wks is just about right to get these vegged out right . Nice lush green you got with yours watcha using in veg RR ?

I'm a fox farms guy:D So I veg using 2tsp FF Grow and 2tbl BigBloom.

Nice looking lady you have there:thumright:I'm excited to watch her flower out. I hope you don't mind sharing the experience with us.

Your sexy looking lady got me motivated to pull my Shoreline S1 out and take a few pictures. She'll start flowering about a week or two after you start with your Shoreline:)

Beautiful work there RoadRunneR she is no doubt a very stout compact Shoreline S1 Keep us updated

:unsure:About to finally throw her into the flower room this weekend. She's a nice looking bushy lady!!

gdamn they must be bushy....a month further along from the pic above has to be a big mother vegger! will reward ya at the end of flowering with plenty o buds RR:^)~

Its great to see ya put her into 12/12 RR looking forward to how she performs in flowering.

Is this the same shoreline from this post?
Bagseed was found from the Shoreline Amp in 89-90, seeds were grown out, a mother selected and this was the strongest thing this group had seen so it was kept {strange ropey growth characteristics, hardcore dank garlic skunk odor and more than just an Indica but an all out head and body high similar to O.G. or Hash plant}. These intelligent and educated growers before phasing out of growing, crossed this Mother with a Male NL#2 (Oasis)and these seeds were given to me. In 97 I grew out about 75 of these seeds and came up 2 great females and one incredible male covered with trichomes. The Male was crossed with my prized N.L. #5 and a clone was selected from about 35 females that were grown out. This is the only representation of the original genetics that is left as far as I know... my original sets of seeds were lost and or confiscated. I am glad it flourishes as it does B/C I was never a strain hoarder.

Being from the Tx area originally I was under the impression that shoreline was a 70's skunk strain cross( aka roadkillskunk) that came from the galveston area but may have been bread in san marcus years ago. At least thats what the guy I got my cut from said. I have also heard about the shoreline theator in cali so who really knows. Like I said being from Tx I like the frist story better......you cali guys get enough glory for having all the top strains hehe show us Tx boys some love.

It does well for me indoors, not a huge yeilder like most skunks but deffently a+ when it comes to quality and smell. Anyone got some flowering pics I could see to compare to my cut?

So which backstory is the truth? I've only heard the Texas story.

When I look at the pix of shoreline posted by Budrunner I see skunk, what do you guys think though.

All Pix by Budrunner, 2007

budrunner-shoreline-04.jpg

budrunner-shoreline-05.jpg

budrunner-shoreline-06.jpg

budrunner-shoreline-07.jpg

budrunner-shoreline-09.jpg

DocGreenStone ..... I lean to the Skunk story line, and that it came from Tx.
There was an Old Afghani back in the late 80's called " Mother " in the Ozark Mountains of AR / MO, that when crossed to any other strain always added an intense garlic odor, and a very hairy appearance (though it did not on it's own, show the hairy look). Alot of us from the Mid-South, have always believed Shoreline is a Skunk / Mother cross (or similar Old School Afghani). Shiva Shanti had that same strong garlic odor, but also not the hairy look.

Thx Ohso, I also agree and lean toward the origin being in Texas.

What is also interesting is that the shoreline that budrunner posted pix of has a unique trait that still exists on the shoreline cut that is going around today. That trait is that the serrated edges of the leaves curl upwards to peaks but the fingers do not canoe but instead remain flat. You can clearly see it in the first pic I posted above.

A good question is "Is budrunner's clone of SHORELINE the TX cut?". Something is telling me that it is.

I have not and cannot find pix of the one that Ezekiel refers to and his buddy Ed Larkis (here in this same thread starting on page 2). Ed seems to have acquired the cut directly from the seed finders brother. My gut is telling me that this cut that Ed has is NOT the same as the one TX has.

So I think there may be TWO cuts of SHORELINE! One cut circulated by TX and another circulated by Ed and friends.

One things is for sure. Im at the right place and on the right thread to find answers. Im intrigued. Anyone know anything?

yeah, running her for a short time back the DocGS as well as smoking her for at a year or so, she is all that skunk and a nice bit of serious complexity.. has a lot of extra flavor.. she is a one of a kind elite i'd love to get back in the stable.

Just an update, I found the SHORELINE and she will be around again! She is not lost to us!! I know it is authentic too because the serrated edge tips all point upwards which is a trait the original cut has and you can see it in the images in this thread as well.

Pic by Budrunner, 2007, true sourced, authentic cut of SHORELINE from TXtheTHIRD
budrunner-shoreline-02.jpg

The cut of SHORELINE I have coming.
jaws-shoreline-00.jpg

Last edited:
Only thing around here in NM is sold as Shoreline but it's the Oasis cross. You can tell the taste is there like a light version but no power at all.

YJ

I have been trying to resolve the Backstory as illuminated by TXtheTHIRD. So far I have been speaking to my good friend Manicgrower who is from Texas and knows TXtheTHIRD personally offline and Manic assured me that TXtheTHIRD did not bring SHORELINE to the scene and don't know anything about the cut. Manic said he grew it himself as early as 2005 and thinks its from TX, from possibly the Houston or Austin.

I am trying to source the SHORELINE back as far as possible and possibly to the source who brought it online and started sharing cuts of it for the first time. If anyone knows who TXtheTHIRD or Budrunner or any of the other guys got their cut from please let me know. I want to build a complete source chain for the cut Im going to pass around here.

Best I could get was Houston and if I was a betting man I'd say grown in Baytown cause that place and its refineries means u cant smell shit waved under yer nose.

O and put me down 4 a cut.

YJ

Back