Schwilly's Recipe book

Wesos, Thanks for tagging along, I have a maple fudge and a cookie & cream white fudge I'll rock out shortly for you. Ice cream... easy to add ingredients to med up ice cream, but that trick of leaving the texture and creaminess alone adding meds to the base, in lies the rub. I think with glycerin or a butter extract at small levels would work but the purest in me wants to leave the base alone, always tinkering :puffpuffpass:

picture.php

The sauce

Alfredo, loved and lusted for by all. Make a good alfredo sauce and watch the table light up licking the plates clean with every scrap of bread resorting to savage techniques when supplies dwindle. NO NO put that jar back on the shelf and walk away, it will be alright schwilly's got you...:prop:

Now I use 2 different Alfredo sauces depending on what I'm making. I'll start with my wife's favorite and what I typically would make for a bake or for bread type stuff that needs that extra cheese love.

Alfredo Sauce

for dips and bakes

3 tablespoons sweet butter
2 tablespoons olive oil(for up to 4 people I use 1 med tb and 1 reg tb)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Melt butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cream, garlic, and white pepper; bring to just under a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until mixture is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
Stir Parmesan cheese into cream mixture and simmer until sauce is thickened and smooth, 8 to 10 minutes.

You can do 2 things here with the mozzarella, mix lightly on top and throw into the oven at 375 for 8-10 min for a delish dipping alfredo sauce for breads, ect... or for a thick sauce add mozzarella cheese to sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.

Ingredients
picture.php

Butter, olive oil, garlic melted add cream & pepper... bring up to boil then down to simmer a bit, add parm continue to simmer for about 10 min stirring often.
picture.php

Here it is added as Alfredo sauce to pasta, I prefer this recipe for baking and dips as its quite thick and gooey, wife demands this one on everything though:applause:
picture.php

Last edited:
My personal favorite and loved recipe for alfredo sauce in pastas and the like. A Italian mother approved sauce:applause:

Italian mom approved
Alfredo Sauce

for mixing in sauce for pasta and the like

3/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons olive oil(up to 4 people 1 med 1 reg)
3/4 pint heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 cloves garlic
3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

In a large saucepan, melt butter & olive oil with garlic, then add cream over low heat. Add salt, pepper. Stir in cheese over medium heat until melted; this will thicken the sauce.

Enjoy my friends:applause:

Starting off the new year right with a dose sized recipe to hit the spot.

First lets talk a little background... no not mine, the recipe's, the dish's, ect... The Music. Got to set that mood and energy for the creative art you are making. I tend to jump all over the place but love rocking the 60's, jam bands and movable beats that get you itching to slide around the kitchen. Today lets go with...

Angus & Julia Stone - Heart Beats Slow- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTsinsfY6dk

Ahh that's better... Now

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffles

8oz of philly cream cheese
8oz of your favorite Peanut Butter
1 Bag white chocolate chips(or other chocolate)
1/2 Cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/3 cup coconut oil
1-2 teaspoons vanilla

Instructions

Put your cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla & coconut oil in your mixer and whip together. (you can hand mix if you would prefer) until fully incorporated.
Once combined, use your hands to create little balls, about an inch/inch and a half each
Roll each ball in the Graham Cracker Crumbs, then press them into each ball with your fingers (you dont want loose crumbs) .
Place each of the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Freeze for 1-2 hours (or until solid, if you can wait that long).
Place the chocolate in a bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. Stir and, if needed, heat an additional 15 seconds until it’s smooth and creamy. watch it closely, keep stopping to stir , it burns easily if you use this way!
Dip the balls into the melted chocolate.
Place back on your parchment lined sheet
Refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
ENJOY!

Ingredients(left vanilla out of pic)
picture.php

Add peanut butter, cream cheese, vanilla & coconut oil in a mixing bowl
picture.php

Whip it all together
picture.php

Roll dough into small balls, crush up gramm crackers in bowl and fully coat balls(might need to stick the dough into the fridge for a couple min to solid up a bit.) Really work the crumbs in.
picture.php

Stick in freezer for an hour or 2
picture.php

Melt chocolate, coat frozen balls in the melted chocolate
picture.php

bite sized Peanut butter Cheesecake Truffles!
picture.php

picture.php

Enjoy my friends:puffpuffpass:

This one was simple and delish last night as a dessert. All I did to medicate is add 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil(1tb per every 2 people eating):puffpuffpass:

French Toast Cinnamon Roll Casserole

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter
2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
½ cup milk
4 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (1tb per every 2 people eating)

Instructions

1.Grease a 9x13 pan with butter.
2.Cut up the rolls into small pieces and lay in the pan. (I cut mine into 6-8 pieces each cinnamon roll)
3.In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, coconut oil and cinnamon.
4.Pour over rolls making sure they are all well coated.
5.Drizzle on the maple syrup.
6.Bake at 350 for approx 35 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
7.Microwave the icing that came with the 2 cinnamon roll packs in a microwave safe bowl.
8.Pour on top and serve warm!

picture.php

Wow Schwilly this is a fuckin awesome thread. Thank you so much for sharing all these great recipes with us. Let me guess...you have a sweet tooth..lol.
WELL....so do I :applause: The way you present everything on here is a breeze to follow too..well done amigo.
Ever think of writing a canna cookbook? :puffpuffpass:

Thanks Budluver :smileyhug:
Maybe when I get this thread around 50 pages or so, but writing is really not my thing. I read a lot of food blogs and constantly find recipes I have to try then if I like them I'll medicate a round.

Sweets work so well with edibles because of dosing and shelf life but I do mostly make with dinners although I have been slacking with those recipes.

I have been working on a Bhang Recipe for a couple months now and a thai tea version, I'll be sure to throw those up when I work it out better as grinding fresh like Shiva is kind of a different taste.

Here is Bhang being made at a Holi festival in india. :puffpuffpass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TWRkjT3Bns

get-your-bhang-here.jpg

Last edited:
I was checking out your gnocchi recipe Schwilly..
I use 3 cups of fine mashed potatoes, 1 and a half cups of flour and 2 eggs with a pinch of salt and a splash of olive oil..makes them a bit less starchy with more potato..
thats my Mom's old recipe anyway..I like freezing them on a tray, that way I can cook em anytime I want..

man, you sure do know your sweets and your camera work is amazing..

Rosso, tried your mom's gnocchi recipe the other night, fantastic... Thank you:eat:

I'm in the middle of a long move and remodel, so the kitchen has been a bit torn up and populated with junk to get decent shots but will slowly get back to adding to these recipes:puffpuffpass:

My wife keeps bringing home banana's, I get the hint... Split this one up into two parts with the most over the top best, lick it off the floor if it falls, icing ever!

Morecambe and Wise - Banana Boat Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNZjqkzFaI

Ok after you put yourself back together after that one...

Harry Belafonte - "Banana Boat Song (Day O)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMigXnXMhQ4

Baked Banana Brownie with Brown Butter Icing!!!

1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
4 Smooshed Bananas

This is really more of a cake but it is really dense like a brownie hence the name. I subbed 1 cup sour cream this run because of laziness to run to the store a second time, works just as well. To medicate I use coconut oil instead of the original butter in the recipe. Amazing recipe med'ed or not, that Icing though...

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

1.Mix the coconut oil, sugars, sour cream, greek yogurt and eggs until smooth.

2.Add the bananas and vanilla then give it a quick stir. (I put the banana's into the bowl and smoosh with a spoon before mixing again)

3.Next add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.

4.Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.

5.Pour batter into a greased 9×13 cake pan.

Bake for 30-35 minutes.(sweet spot for me 32-33)

Ingredients
picture.php

Mix the coconut oil, sugars, sour cream, greek yogurt and eggs until smooth. Add the bananas and vanilla then give it a quick stir.
picture.php

picture.php

Next add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
picture.php

Pour batter into a greased 9×13 cake pan.
picture.php

Bake for 30-35 minutes.(sweet spot for me 32-33)
picture.php

:puffpuffpass:

A little mood music to put the soul into this one...

Ram Jam - Black Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IousTfdD-Uo

I could eat a shoe with this icing on it!

Brown Butter Icing!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Butter
1 & 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Tb Milk
4 ounces Cream Cheese
Sprinkle of Cinnamon (optional)

1.Melt butter in a small sauce pan on medium heat, let it boil for several minutes.
2.Give it a stir every minute or so and pay attention to the color.
3.Once the butter has turned a golden amber color remove from the heat.
4.Whisk in the powdered sugar, vanilla, milk cinnamon and cream cheese.
5.Continue to whisk together until creamy.
6.Once the cake is finished baking, remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
7.Then spread the frosting onto the cake and top with chopped walnuts (opt)

Ingredients
picture.php

Melt butter in a small sauce pan on medium heat, let it boil for several minutes. Give it a stir every minute or so and pay attention to the color.
picture.php

Once the butter has turned a golden amber color remove from the heat.
picture.php

Whisk in the powdered sugar, vanilla, milk cinnamon and cream cheese.
picture.php

Continue to whisk together until creamy.
picture.php

Once the cake is finished baking, remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then spread the frosting onto the cake and top with chopped walnuts (opt)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

where's the coronary warning...I can think of a few folks here that would have a coronary eating some of this stuff schwilly...nice recipes, they all sound killer but I don't do sweets, dammit...:exactly:

Great recipes, will have to try some of these out. My Italian lady would love it if I cooked her something Italian for once.

The banana brownie..uhhh yea..

mahalo for the great possibly woman pleasing recipes

is it true that imitation vanilla comes from beaver anus extract?

otherwise looks real tasty. :clap:

Great recipes, will have to try some of these out. My Italian lady would love it if I cooked her something Italian for once.

The banana brownie..uhhh yea..

mahalo for the great possibly woman pleasing recipes

Thanks Positivity, my wife has been hounding me for more of those banana brownies, I could swim in that glaze.

Most of what I cook has my wife in mind, very female friendly :puffpuffpass:

is it true that imitation vanilla comes from beaver anus extract?

otherwise looks real tasty. :clap:

I have heard and read the same... Its one of those things where I'm to frugal for my own good. Like every time I eat jello somewhere I'm thinking of horse parts in my head...

where's the coronary warning...I can think of a few folks here that would have a coronary eating some of this stuff schwilly...nice recipes, they all sound killer but I don't do sweets, dammit...:exactly:

I do have a sweet tooth, but another advantage is you only take a taste... In theory...

Next one can be sugar free, besides natural sugars in the fruit:puffpuffpass:

Have a simple yet delish snack for you today. The flavors can be changed up adding different fruits like blackberry ect and spices like cinnamon can really change it up nicely to keep it fresh and new.

A little mood music to start it off...

Asaf Avidan // Love it or Leave it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X31SjB0SwOI

Slow Strawberry Applesauce

Ingredients

6-7 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples- any variety (7-8 apples)
1 pound container strawberries, stems removed
1/4 cup water (I use just a splash)
1/3 cup coconut oil
sugar to taste (raw, white, or brown) (I use about 3 tablespoons)

Directions-

1. Peel, core and slice apples
2. Destem and slice strawberries
3. Add the apples and strawberries to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
4. Add the water, coconut oil and sugar to taste to slow cooker.
5. Cover, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
6. Add cooked apples and strawberries to a blender, cover and pulse just a few times until smooth but not pulverized.
7. Put into containers, cool and enjoy

Ingredients
picture.php

1. Peel, core and slice apples
picture.php

2. Destem and slice strawberries
3. Add the apples and strawberries to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
picture.php

4. Add the water, coconut oil and sugar to taste to slow cooker.
picture.php

5. Cover, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
picture.php

6. Add cooked apples and strawberries to a blender, cover and pulse just a few times until smooth but not pulverized.
picture.php

7. Put into containers, cool and enjoy
picture.php

Usually makes about 8-10 8oz mason jars
picture.php

Its been a bit since I posted a recipe up so I guess its about time:puffpuffpass:

One man's trash... What to do with the last bit of oil in a mason jar?

Many including myself would just wash it out and be done with it, not today my friends...

Crock pot Coconut Dulce de Leche

Some notes before we start. My wife likes this runnier then I with more coconut oil added. She likes to drizzle on ice cream or any desert befitting. For this I only cook for 8-9 hrs, I like a thicker sauce so I cook for 9-10 hrs.

Recipe

4 8oz mason jars (6 works well too)

2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk

1/2 vanilla bean or vanilla bean paste (I sub 1 teaspoon- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract)

1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I recommend 1 teaspoon each)

Instructions

1. add 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil per mason jar

2. Pour equal portions of sweetened condensed milk into each mason jar

3. add vanilla to each mason jar

4. Stir all mason jars and seal tight with lids

5. place jars in crock pot with water added 1" above rims

6. set crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours (the longer you cook it the darker and thicker it becomes when cool)

Cool and enjoy...

Ingredients
picture.php

add 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil per mason jar
picture.php

Pour equal portions of sweetened condensed milk into each mason jar & add vanilla to each mason jar
picture.php

Stir all mason jars and seal tight with lids
picture.php

place jars in crock pot with water added 1" above rims, set crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours
picture.php

Cool and enjoy...
picture.php

picture.php

Lets take a history stroll going back to the Vedic origin story of the "churning of the sea"...

Here some of the gods living on earth when Indra, king of the gods and all of the three worlds, was a dick to rishi Duravas. In return Duravas cursed the gods and they began to weaken in strength letting the demons gain equal power as gods...

Seeking a cure, the weakening Gods with the help of Brahma go to Vishnu on the edge of the Ocean of Milk. Vishnu answers...

“Do now as I command: cast into the Milky Sea potent herbs, then take Mount Mandara for churning-stick, the serpent Vasuki for rope, and churn the Ocean for the dew of life [amrita]”

Proposing to make amrita, a sacred substance that bestows immortality and vigor, but the workload exceeded the weakened strength of the Gods, so they partner with the daityas (demons) promising equal share in the amrita...

churning-of-the-milky-ocean.jpg

1760s illustration of The Churning of the Milky Ocean - Depicted are the devas (gods, upholders of cosmic order; light) and the asuras (demons, disrupters of cosmic order; darkness) churning the Cosmic Ocean in a “tug-of-war” in order to obtain Amrita, the nectar of immortality.

As the Gods and Demons churn the Ocean of Milk, things start to appear out of the mixture... First to rise out was Surabhi, the wish-giving cow.

This went on until Poison rose out. Wanting to save the world Shiva grabbed the poison and drank it...

Choking Shiva turns blue...

At the dimmest of times for Shiva, choking on poison, Dhanwantari appears holding the vessel of amrita saving Shiva...

The appearance of the amrita had the demons wanting their cut, but Vishnu denies their request for the fair share starting a 12 day battle(or the 12 year war) between the gods and the demons...

Wanting to protect the Amrita the gods hide it in the mountains spilling a drop upon the ground. From this single drop upon the earth, a cannabis plant grows...

Later after a family argument, Shiva retreats to the himalayas laying in a field under a cannabis plant for shade... Awakening under the plant and taken by the beauty of the leaves Shiva crushes and eats it, making the first Bhang...

Taken by this, Shiva brings Bhang down from the mountain for all of mankind to use...

concocting_bhang_hp44.jpg

Shiva making Bhang

With these kind of origins its no wonder the Vedas thought Cannabis was one of the 5 sacred plants on earth and said to have guardian angels in its leaves...

Referred to as the "source of happiness", being a "joy-giver" and a "liberator" that was given to mankind to help "attain delight and lose fear", Cannabis holds high reverence even with the gods...

Back