Schwilly's Recipe book

Schwilly

Edibles are very much a part of my pain management. Smoking is great for initial pain relief for many to fall asleep but it is hard to maintain that level of comfort throughout the night. I have days where smoking risks a cough that will throw my back out and be laid up for days. For these and many other reasons I love and make a lot of edibles.

I'm always searching around for the recipe's that I've made and like but can't find where I've put them. So I started this running recipe thread to put down some of the recipes I like and use in one place, easy for me to find.

There are a couple choices when making edibles, first what to use to extract. Butter, glycerine, oil's... using hash, trim, bud...

I am a big Fan of Coconut Oil!

From edibles to chapstick to even lube (yup lube) Coconut oil can make a ton of products.

Here is how I make my Coconut Oil.

1.Needed items. Crock Pot, mason jars, coconut oil and french press

picture.php

2.Material. I use bud and leaf about 1oz bud per 8oz coconut oil

picture.php

3.Heat Coconut oil on low in crock pot for about 45min then I add my bud. I use scissors to cut in small pieces(I've found grinding down material adds more a green flavor in finished product) and add to heating coconut oil.

picture.php

4.Let cook down on low for about 8 hr's, stirring every 1hr or so.

picture.php

5.After its cooked down on low for 8 hr's, I spoon material and liquid into the french press.

picture.php

6. Press pushed down its ready to pour into your mason jars.

picture.php

picture.php

7. Seal the lid and you have your cure all Coconut Oil. This method works for most oils, I'm also a big fan of Olive Oil.

picture.php

picture.php

So there you have my base for most of my recipe's. I will add the other methods as I need them or make them next.

Lets get a quick easy fan favorite one out of the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgB25WBeBxA

Rice Krispy Treats

2-10oz bags mini marshmellow's
1-box cereal (today it is Crunch Berries)
1/3 to 1/2 Cup- Coconut Oil

picture.php

1. Add 1 bag marshmallows to microwave bowl and add Coconut oil. toss to coat

picture.php

2. Heat in microwave for 45 seconds, stir and heat for additional 30-40 seconds. Add Half the box of cereal and coat well.

picture.php

3. Add the remaining cereal mix well then any extra's (i.e whole unmelted marshmallows...) and mix again.

picture.php

4. Pour into wax or parchment paper lined 9 x 13 dish, distribute equally.

picture.php

5. Refrigerate for about 1hr and cut. I usually make 16-20 pieces and is dosed about right for nice strong dose.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup Coconut oil
3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg, beaten
4 1⁄3 cups cake flour
3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
sugar, for decorating

Directions

Preheat oven to 375°.
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugars and shortening (butter & coconut oil) using an electric mixer.
Mix on slow speed 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
Slowly add vanilla and beaten egg while mixing.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not overmix.
Scoop with an ice-cream scoop and roll in sugar.
Place directly on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes. Cookies are done when small cracks appear and are pale golden. Ideally, the edges do not brown.

My wife Loves these. Original recipe calls for 2 cups shortening, I substitute 1 cup butter and 1 cup coconut oil. I also add a bit more vanilla(you can also substitute your favorite flavoring ie maple extract, almond extract).

1. Mix ingredients per directions

picture.php

2. With using coconut oil it is needed to refrigerate the dough for a couple hours for dough to set(really you should do this with all cookies)

picture.php

3. After dough is set, preheat oven and cookie sheet to 375. Roll dough into little balls(with half recipe I get about 18 cookies or 36 for full).

picture.php

4. Flatten out dough balls into cookie shape about the size of a silver dollar. Coat with sugar and put on tin foil on preheated cookie sheet.

picture.php

5. Cook at 375 for 9 min(10 for crisper edges).

Perfection
picture.php

Excellent info ! Don`t stop now . BTW , what`s a jar of coconut oil that size sell for ?
peace

Thanks Burnie :) I'll throw them up as I make them.

This is my personal batch recipe, if I was to do a production run I would use trim and popcorn. You can also back down the weight per cup to about 1/2-3/4oz per.

Not actually too sure about price, don't usually let pure jars go myself. When I have its between 40-80 per 8oz jar(depending on person and batch). Friends know I love cooking and to just ask for whatever i've made up :)

Call it lube, put it in a 2oz small glass jar and charge 80per if you can even find it in dispensaries. I'll talk about this a little latter:whacky114:

Last edited:
Good post Schwilly.Looking forward to reading more about this topic.Does cooking in the crockpot stain the stoneware in your experience?I wonder how well those crockpot liners would work.

I think Burnie was asking how much coconut oil sells for in the size container you pictured.I saw it at Ebay for $23.44 free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/42-3oz-Kirk...366?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9ef8085e

or $11.97 for 54oz..unsure of shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRESH-Carri...377?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a520bd69

Just a sampling of prices on the net.

Thanks Slim Pickens, totally misread that one :) Think I pay about $24 for a 2 pack of 43oz tubs from the local Costco. Their olive oil is really nice there as well(I go with just virgin opposed to extra virgin on the olive oil for a bit more fat content and just tends to be better batches).

I don't get any staining with my stoneware using oil's, been using the same one for many years. I think doing butter batches have more of a residue.

I started using oils because I could not get the green taste out of the butter enough for me to be happy with. With oil's I get no green taste transfer at all, just pure coconut taste and smell and same with olive oil.

Real quick one today.

Hot drinks! Coconut oil mixes really well in hot beverages, not so much in room temp and cool drinks. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate all awesome to mix some coconut oil into. With cooler drinks it tends to separate like oil/water but if you have a nutribullet or similar device you can mix it into smoothies or shakes (with drinks glycerine based extracts mix much better, but you can with Coconut oil and get that coconut flavor) :clap:

Dosage is about 1-2 ml or cc per

This is instant chai latte, takes about 45 seconds walking out the door:)

picture.php

Re: Marshmallow rice krispies

You can also use coco crispies and a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter instead of Capt. Crunch.

Pa-Nature, gr8fuldawg, muggles & Dock.L- Thanks all. Truly a pleasure to be here with you good people, just getting comfy :salut:

Budmiser- I do a couple variations on the cereal bars, my favorite is Golden Grams with extra unmelted marshmallows and M&M's, smores on the go. Thanks for chiming in :)

Tonight we have Ballin on a budget.

Oreo white chocolate coconut truffles!!!

No dance needed :licklips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Ln03xgaUc

Lets start with the basic recipe

1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (using different extracts allows for subtle flavour changes...I've used mint extract, upped to 1 tsp) (optional)
1 lb milk chocolate
1/2-2/3 coconut oil

Directions

Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.

To medicate my balls, I added coconut oil to the original recipe. This is added with the cream cheese and oreo's. I use 1/3 cup coconut oil for a half recipe.

1. ingredients, I switched out the nutribullet for a food processor
picture.php

2. Put broken up oreo's, cream cheese, and coconut oil into food processor
picture.php

3. Blend until very creamy with no lumps at all
picture.php

4. First refrigerate for about an hour until mixture is harden'd up a bit to be able to hold shape. Then roll balls onto wax paper or foil and put directly into freezer.
picture.php

5. Melt chocolate(I used white chocolate here but dark works well too) and roll frozen balls to coat.
picture.php

6. Coat balls once in the chocolate then come back and redip to fully cover and put back into freezer to set(about 30-40 min).
picture.php

7. Enjoy, a crowd favorite.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
nice thanks for sharing. I like the idea of using the french press instead of cheese cloth to filter the trim out.

Holy Cow Schwilly.I'm getting a toothache looking at these recipes!:applause:

I knew a Gal in Portland who did all kinds of medicated candies.She did a hard Toffee candy that was just like a Heath bar.Yummy.

Yeah, I love the French press idea as well. :thumright: Gonna buy a large one!

Those truffles look sick! :drool: A crowd pleaser fer shure.

Oreo white chocolate coconut truffles!!!
That's the low fat version right?
Now that we've got that settled, guess what I'm gonna try tonight? (I don't have cream cheese in stock right now. Do you suppose vanilla frosting would suffice?).

I also don't use a french press. I usually run pounds of material. I've been using 5 gal stain / paint strainers (finer mesh than standard paint strainers). The leftoveries go into the compost pile.

Keep up the recipes ffolkes, it's a making me hungry.

Thanks everyone:up: I added the french press to my routine after burning my hands so many times with the cheese cloths. With the french press you don't have to cool at all before straining either. I still use cheese cloths for double filtration on some batches depending on what its to be used for.

Slim Pickens- I make a nice toffee too but have to use the glycerine extract to get it to the hardcrack stage:)

Budmiser- Thanks, I'm sure it will work just not sure if flavor and your bodies sugar levels will allow lol If you use double stuffed you shouldn't really have to add much with oil added:) I mean there is no wrong way to eat an oreo

Reactions: Boo
Back