RR's Pizza madness

Joined the Ooni cult after I moved out to the burbs and take out options took a huge hit in quality across the board. Lifeā€™s generally too busy to make my own dough, usually grab fresh from a local chain. Will eventually move onto my making my own. Also working on getting my raised bed gardens up to the point where I can make and can my own sauce entirely from the garden. Last year I never had enough ripe tomatoes at one time to make it worth the effort, thatā€™s the goal this year. Hereā€™s a few recent pies

Attachments

• IMG_5494.jpeg
    IMG_5494.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5489.jpeg
    IMG_5489.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5488.jpeg
    IMG_5488.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5468.jpeg
    IMG_5468.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5462.jpeg
    IMG_5462.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Joined the Ooni cult after I moved out to the burbs and take out options took a huge hit in quality across the board. Lifeā€™s generally too busy to make my own dough, usually grab fresh from a local chain. Will eventually move onto my making my own. Also working on getting my raised bed gardens up to the point where I can make and can my own sauce entirely from the garden. Last year I never had enough ripe tomatoes at one time to make it worth the effort, thatā€™s the goal this year. Hereā€™s a few recent pies

Which Ooni do you have? I really want to pick up a little pizza oven this summer, have been curious which ones people love/hate etc. Pizzas look so good (y) (y)

Which Ooni do you have? I really want to pick up a little pizza oven this summer, have been curious which ones people love/hate etc. Pizzas look so good (y) (y)
I will at least mention my buys

I bought the first pellet uuni before it became ooni

I call it the flame thrower....it can produce gold..if you are too slow to check itā€™s black gold though..fun ..I donā€™t think they make it now

I just bought the electric one..over priced but solid and good in the kitchen..

I see good reviewsnof Ooni gas ovens too

Last edited:
My attempt at a hybrid, East Boston - Sicilian pizzaria/bakery pie.
Imported tomatoes, parmigiana reggiano anchovy
Local whole milk mozzarella and bakery dough.
Heat oven to 550Āŗ while heating the sheet over two stovetop burners - low.

Proper pizza in my estimation. I can pick it up to eat and still burn my mouth. You can pick up any thin crust pizza after the cheese cools.
It's real good.

IMG_2024-01-06-12-35-05-131.jpg

IMG_2024-01-06-12-46-56-233.jpg

16 inch Koda, itā€™s a few years old and I probably use it like 2x a month, holds up fine. Itā€™s the bigger gas powered one. Iā€™m sure the wood burning one tastes better but Iā€™m too lazy for the extra effort and clean up. Real fun to make neopolitans after you get the basic mechanics down if assembling and launching without making an accidental calzone.

My attempt at a hybrid, East Boston - Sicilian pizzaria/bakery pie.
Imported tomatoes, parmigiana reggiano anchovy
Local whole milk mozzarella and bakery dough.
Heat oven to 550Āŗ while heating the sheet over two stovetop burners - low.

Proper pizza in my estimation. I can pick it up to eat and still burn my mouth. You can pick up any thin crust pizza after the cheese cools.
It's real good.

View attachment 355997

View attachment 355998
Looks great! Iā€™m a south shore bar pizza guy from the 80ā€™s but really love the thick crust of a Sicilian.
I let the dough proof for an extra hour in a well olive oiled pan and let the dough rise before topping with cheese then sauce on top. I know. Iā€™m weird. Hahahha.
Enjoy that pie!!

Looks great! Iā€™m a south shore bar pizza guy from the 80ā€™s but really love the thick crust of a Sicilian.
I let the dough proof for an extra hour in a well olive oiled pan and let the dough rise before topping with cheese then sauce on top. I know. Iā€™m weird. Hahahha.
Enjoy that pie!!
The bakery pies had nice risen crusts. This one was thin crispy like pizzeria. Your pan pies look beautiful. And quite a few bakers put cheese on the dough.

Made pie Thursday. Started the dough Wednesday and screwed up. Following a recipe I added water at double the rate, I forgot that my measuring cup was a two cup. Had to add more flour but didn't add more yeast or sugar. When time to make the crust it was too wet and more flour added. The dough had risen some in the fridge and had air bubbles and worked well - two sheets worth. So made two pies, romano and mozzarella, diced San Marzano tomato. My friend and I ate some pie, I sent her home with half the remaining pizza. By the next morning neither of us had a slice left for breakfast. They were very good. Crispy, garlic crust.
No photos, too much busy with two pies. Forgot. :dazed053:

need to let my dough go the extra day..day one biga or poolish ..day two..the mixed dough

I love all styles yeah gotta try making Detroit..

I do like the fresh softer cheese mini balls..and I am more now into less cheese..and few if any toppings

but I am still too weak

the extra fermentation helped....just bocconcini cheese /san marzanos and slivers of dry salami

it may be the best pizza I have eaten..but I donā€™t get around to brookyln or new haven

this was new haven style..[well it did have good ā€œundercarriageā€]lol

[there is one piece in the photo from the less charred one for my wife..that doesnā€™t count]..not done enough

IMG_6566.JPG

Back