RR's Pizza madness

It’s a a Gozney Dome that can burn propane and wood. They have natural gas/wood or just wood versions.
I looked for 2.5 years before settling on this.
Cheers.

the new ooni is an improved [and of course more expensive] version of my uuni..

[ my wife says I am not allowed to buy it......]

"you have two pizzaovens already:”

yessum

ok I made some pizza. Yes I cheated, used a store bought crust and store bought sauce. Did it on a whim when i saw the Boboli crust at the store. i figured why not.

pizza1-private.jpg
basil olive oil pesto for a base
pizza2-private.jpg
sun dried tomatoes
pizza3-private.jpg
garlic and sautéed chicken (coconut oil, salt pepper, touch of tumeric - can't taste it but its really healthy stuff)
pizza4-private.jpg
sliced portobellas
pizza5-private.jpg
fresh organic spinach
pizza6-private.jpg
4 cheese blend (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, romano)
pizza7-private.jpg
425 for 13 minutes
pizza9-private.jpg

twas very yummy

Attachments

• pizza8-private.jpg
    pizza8-private.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 1
from the "flame thrower”..this one had 50% blue cheese

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 77
It’s been crazy learning the art of pizza.
Thank you Rosso again and again for the inspiration.
I’ve made 90 pizzas since I got the oven.
I’ve done 14 pies for family friends in 3 hours.
That’s 3 hours of working my friggin ass off.
I’ve learned a deeper respect for pizza makers who weee often dismissed as real chefs.
It’s hard work
But
OMFG the flavors you can make.
As custom as you can think of.
My daughter won’t eat cheese. So extra sauce and pepperoni- and now I have a garlic mandolin she added shaved garlic to her standard.
I love the straight up traditional margherita and will always make a few despite everybody else’s request.
But add shaved garlic prosciutto and ricotta to that pie and it’s amazing.
This is for 180
136A5EFA-15DB-4A3E-8357-164628B770B3.jpg
It’s my south shore bar pizza - my homemade Town Spa.
Heheheh.
Black olive and onion. Cabot cheddar and fresh local mozzarella.
And again.
Thanks Rosso!!!!

There was a pizza parlor near UMass Amherst back in the day, Bell's, that used a LOT of cheddar in their pizza topping mix. Unique, very tasty, and GREASY. If you added pepperoni, you needed to blot the top of the pie with a towel to get some of the grease off. Otherwise: indigestion.

There was a pizza parlor near UMass Amherst back in the day, Bell's, that used a LOT of cheddar in their pizza topping mix. Unique, very tasty, and GREASY. If you added pepperoni, you needed to blot the top of the pie with a towel to get some of the grease off. Otherwise: indigestion.

Every time I went to Umass we went to the same place - but for the life of me I’ll never remember the name as I was most likely shitfaced.

I had Acropolis yesterday and it tasted like my “hometown” house of pizza. It was so good.

But I like this new style too.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-yor...0230601-hzcfmlprzfdgbj4b5ywa7tcfla-story.html

RR’s trips to NYC for pizza made me think of this old thread. I see RR hasn’t been around here in two years to the day. But this thread lives on! Early 90’s pizza guy, later charged with crimes only to come out of prison to make more pizza. Passed away at 59. Not sure if he’s one of the “legit” pizza magnates RR spoke of, but it appears from the accolades he was at least part of the resurgence.

Mmm. Now I want some pizza. Lol
Fh

Back