RIP Dr. Smitty

Oh no this is such sad news...
I always looked forward to his posts. My heart is with his family in this most difficult time.

Rest in Peace Dr. Smitty

I was looking at the beavy of beauties on Docs Sugar shack thread...Admiring as always, but also sad that there will be no new ones Posted by Doc Smitty ever again.

Not that I am trying to pry but does anyone know what happened??? I feel like it was sudden and unexpected.
I think someone said a few pages back he passed in his sleep.

Wow, totally missed that..Thanks Variety.

Edit: I read through the thread and did not see that anywhere..no biggie, just saying..

I am sorry, I read greywolfs post #23 wrong. Those were his wishful thoughts.
I’m rolling one up as we speak. :puffpuffpass:

such a shame to lose such a revered and good person. I hope he's happy and pain free where he is now. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends

While I've never had much contact with Dr. Smitty, it's so sad to know I'll never have the chance now. I've read his posts so many times in the past. So many fine brothers, and sisters here. RIP Dr. Smitty. If the Canna Cabana flew a flag, it would be flying at half mast with his passing.

While I've never had much contact with Dr. Smitty, it's so sad to know I'll never have the chance now. I've read his posts so many times in the past. So many fine brothers, and sisters here. RIP Dr. Smitty. If the Canna Cabana flew a flag, it would be flying at half mast with his passing.

Yes I was hoping to meet him one day when I went out west now we will only meet in the Hooting Cloud in the Sky See ya there brother..... one day .

My deepest condolences to his friends and family, we're all at a loss without his many contributions but I can only imagine how deeply those that knew him well are feeling it.

another blues man heads to his eternal home...I'm saddened by this news...I didn't chat with him on a regular basis but I know he was a good dude...tell ones you love you love them while you still can...tomorrow is an opportunity, not a promise...

another blues man heads to his eternal home...I'm saddened by this news...I didn't chat with him on a regular basis but I know he was a good dude...tell ones you love you love them while you still can...tomorrow is an opportunity, not a promise...

Luv u old man ... :puffpuffpass:

Hello All
For those wondering, Doc died from a ruptured aorta. He and his wife had been hot tubbing. When Shelley went to dry off, Steve cried out from the kitchen. She found him on the floor. They tried to revive him for two hours in the hospital.

Back