Pineapple Jack in the cylinder with LED tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay another surprise, they are like about 90% milky white trichomes now at day 57, wow, things just went faster than expected. The other day, shit it was day 45 about when I had looked at the small bud I clipped off on accident ) than it was about 50/50 clear/cloudy.
I do know that I had started leaving the IR LED's on all the time, probably back near day 46. I really need to get back to my research on the sun and the spectrum output for the time of day. No real use playing with it if I do not know what I am after.

Any how, FLUSH week has begun, drained and filled res last night with fresh RO water.
Now need to get some place set up for drying and what not, wife is going to love this one ( only place I can get it done right now is in the extra bath room. )

Soon as I cut the base of the plants and run wrap the screen of buds off the metal support frame " I will take pic's, they should be a bit better ". Keep safe.

So I am sure a good pic of these buds would not win BOTM, but I just wanted to get a run under my belt again. They have a nice layer of trichomes, just that a single layer, so all have seemed to turn milky white and a few amber are appearing here and there.

My last grows up in Idaho I had gotten layer's of tric's which than gave me a nice mixture of them in their different ripping stages, but that was a different strain also.

Okay, one run done and soon as I get the bathroom set up for it, I will cut and hang them with in the next 48 hours I hope, than maybe I can get some pics taken.
The other way I know all is really ready to come down, the wife is allergic to the flowering plant and at certain stages it is bad, ripping is the worse and yesterday she was bad, I guess this morning will tell me if it is my room or not, LOL
Yes a bit of a happy camper, except I was cleaning my Ionizer, a few years of build up to remove, and I was using some Acetone to help break the crap down so I could get it off, well I had a seizure... really hit the floor and some tools that messed my good looking face up a bit, hell I have this black eye, well it is red really, but that was a few days back and I have recovered, face hurts like hell with deep bruised bones.
Sorry guy's and gal's, no sympathy shit, just can not believe it happened and that I actually bounced back from pretty good considering my old age.
Happy as hell all in the room has came together so nice.

I can not wait to smoke some of this PJ and see how it is... Thank you All so very much.

sucks about the floor hitting, hope your stash helps with that..

How did you end up running the light at flower? full blast?

Thanks for sharing the grow, enjoyed every bit of it. I'd post some stuff but I really don't have much going on right now. Got a couple in the dirt outside in so so shape, early flowering. Been so busy with work my indoor enviro is all screwed up..clogged filters..loose ducting..time to break it down and clean up the area.

Some how I got this in my head and I started doing it.
Basically the plants got 15 min at lights on and 15min before lights out of the IR spectrum.
I would turn it off and turn on the lower WW first for 15minutes and than I would light up the tower except the IR spectrum.
As time went by it was about the 5th week or so I stopped turning on the blue spectrums, I think I freaked and thought it was causing small buds. So from the 5th week on they did not get exrtra blues spectrum, just what was given by the WW, CW, and NW led's.

But in a nut shell I did go full blast with the lights as I wanted to see what heat I would have to deal with and if the exhaust system could maintain a reasonable temp. All seemed to go nicely except the res can get a bit warm, but I have a cycle of exchanging the solution with cooler solution which did allow me to keep it cool enough.

wow, can not believe the words out of the wife " well you have to do what you have to do " was her reply earlier today when I told her I was taking the front bathroom in a day.
Okay I am off to do some cloning.

Well that was a huge mistake, the entire house stank like fresh kick ass bud...........
I got the air purifier's going and all that, but I swear this odor came thru the walls.

Not to bad this morning, but still not the ideal drying area, but it has to work for now until I get something else figured out. Hell if it was not so hot out in the garage I would have just used the flower box, maybe I should figure out a conversion kit for it, from grow room to drying room.
I will try to sneak in later and take a pic of the screen of buds as it hangs.

Now that there has been about 47 hours hang time on the screen I can see that I only got about half the screen filled with buds. Okay I should say it is about half the amount compared to the last time I ran the cylinder.
Hey I got my hands wet and completed a run, now let see some pics.

DSC00001.jpg
apparently my rotated pic did not save as I wanted and the original posted, silver bar is top end as it is the shower curtain rod.

DSC00011.jpg

Now please remember I do not have any photo software, so pic size is what the camera gives me and I have taken the time to correct the setting.
DSC00005.jpg
IF you right click, or was it left click, the picture it will expand it for like a personal view and you can see better.

DSC00008.jpg
I really need to get something like "photo shop" again, or just spend time with the camera and reset the picture size. I tried my best for now my friends, maybe after all get trimmed up I can get the wife to help me get a nice picture.

One last look at the screen hanging from the curtain rod. I will start removing the leaf and cleaning them up today.
DSC00002.jpg

The idea is than to hang them in a box I put together to help control the release of moisture and once I get a large enough plastic bag I can control some odor also.

Yep, one thing for sure, the wife was not happy with this strain. It stinks to much. I know I have chore ahead to get odor out of my house and shit, well let my just say pretty much every thing in the home smells like this bud now.
I found out the vents in the house going into attic space are not sealed at all, so another chore to get done some day soon.

Last edited:
Heck I see more than a nice layer in fact that's all I see is trichomes. Look awesome and lots of sparkling going on there.

Cant wait to piss the wife off and stink the house up again. That was always one of my favorite things to do ; )

Have fun!

So I am sure a good pic of these buds would not win BOTM, but I just wanted to get a run under my belt again. They have a nice layer of trichomes, just that a single layer, so all have seemed to turn milky white and a few amber are appearing here and there.

My last grows up in Idaho I had gotten layer's of tric's which than gave me a nice mixture of them in their different ripping stages, but that was a different strain also.

Okay, one run done and soon as I get the bathroom set up for it, I will cut and hang them with in the next 48 hours I hope, than maybe I can get some pics taken.
The other way I know all is really ready to come down, the wife is allergic to the flowering plant and at certain stages it is bad, ripping is the worse and yesterday she was bad, I guess this morning will tell me if it is my room or not, LOL
Yes a bit of a happy camper, except I was cleaning my Ionizer, a few years of build up to remove, and I was using some Acetone to help break the crap down so I could get it off, well I had a seizure... really hit the floor and some tools that messed my good looking face up a bit, hell I have this black eye, well it is red really, but that was a few days back and I have recovered, face hurts like hell with deep bruised bones.
Sorry guy's and gal's, no sympathy shit, just can not believe it happened and that I actually bounced back from pretty good considering my old age.
Happy as hell all in the room has came together so nice.

I can not wait to smoke some of this PJ and see how it is... Thank you All so very much.

I really good have used more aggressive growth from the plant so the screen would have been full.

The training method I used "manifolding" is and was very stressful on the plants, at least the way I did it, and it cost me. Or was it lower powered light source that just allows for a slower growth rate, or the combo of the two factors.

One thing is conclusive about the Tower, LED's can grow bud and a person can build their own LED lamp with little help and research.

I was told PJ was a early harvesting type strain, and it probably is for that up lifting party on type of head high, I pushed past that point a bit and so far for me I have not made it past three good hit's. I am sure I could smoke more, but I seem to fade away on that 3rd or 4th hit and nap out for a spell. Sample buds that I got when trimming things up yesterday.

I know I did not get the weight I wanted, but top quality 3 hitter bud goes along way for me as I have to smoke it at night to end my day, that is if I want to get anything done during the day, LOL.:puffpuffpass:

congrats on the frosty harvest! See how ya do on the next run, hopefully she will veg stronger next go around

I'm go and look at whats available in the single die leds nowadays. See if theres anything special you could pop in..

Okay I did get 4 jar's filled, seems about 1 1/2 oz per jar, did not weight it all, just a estimate after doing one jar.

No real scale in this home, just wife's jewelry scale.

So, I know it sounds crappy, but looks like I got under 0.5 grams per watt from the grow, but there was error and a hear issue, seems roots got nasty that last week from heat issues, but just that outer layer got slimy nasty, jelly like, but have the silica blast for next run.

Okay very smooth smoke and very clean, so they are medium light buds, the method was not my ideal way, now I know this, so next run will be much better I do hope.

Should start the HashBerry run with in the next few days if clones get going like I need.

Closing this thread, it is done, any questions just PM me.:puffpuffpass::bonghit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back