Pineapple Jack in the cylinder with LED tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pics I said I would take. Not much difference in them other than a bit more leaf was removed and some more vertical growth had occurred.
Looking down from above seems to be a nice picture.
DSC00001.jpg

DSC00003.jpg
I was trying to get a full side pic, guess I need to step back even more to get all into the picture frame.
DSC00006.jpg

DSC00008.jpg
Notice the amount of open squares to the top. Each is a 2" square and I have a few tips with 4 inchs to go and the average of them all is 6" to the top. So even if my stretched stopped now, as long as I can grow some 5 inch buds, well it could be one nice full screen. It is a bit over grown right now, but as all get flowering and growing I can see what I should keep and what needs to be removed. I learned it is not about all the bud sites you can get on the plant, rather it is about how to manage the plant and the amount of bud sites for the area and light you have. I am sure this will get interesting real soon once the bud's start to develope.

Gee. This is more and more amazing every time I check. Super excited to see these flowers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(I just learned to double tap on a photo in a post and it goes to a large view of the pic, man these looked much better bigger.)
It seems it is also a grow of errors so it seems. My mind recalls more after the fact than when I need it at that moment, LOL

I forgot training verticals up the outside of the screen was a vegy thing, than at the time of flipping one should manuver these tips down and throw the screen and than positioned against the inside of the screen. Twist ties are used to keep all verticals retrained against the screen.

So I have gotten one a day done, and have one plant left to get on the other side of the screen.

10 full days into 12/12 this AM, and day 11 starts at 5pm tonight, pic time.
DSC00002 (1).jpg

DSC00001 (1).jpg
Those first two are taken from outside looking in at the grow.
DSC00003 (1).jpg

DSC00004 (1).jpg

DSC00008 (1).jpg
Not the best at bud shots yet, or they are still to little, but I tried to show them and how I moved the branch to the inside of the screen, than I pull the leaf back thru the screen to the outside area. The idea is to expose the bud site to the light more. As all grows and get more dense, remove the older leaves which cleans up the outside some and allows one to pull the new blocking leaf back thru the screen keeping the flower in the light.
DSC00009 (1).jpg

DSC00010 (1).jpg

So I did not get into the room before lights turned back on, but dimmed them and still tried to get some better pic's.
DSC00007 (1).jpg
The vertical grow tips are all on the inside of the screen now. Took me an extra hour last night to finish the last plant, just crazy.
DSC00005 (1).jpg
I made me a hook type tool out of coat hanger and from the out side I can poke it in and crap the leaf stem and work it back thru to the outside of the screen. Yes it is work in a way, but if all helps me get a nice screen of full plump buds, I am all for the extra labor of my love.
DSC00008 (2).jpg
It is a bit harder to get pic's from the inside of the screen, but for now I was able to try. Later it when all fills in there will be no room for the camera.

You've been busy to say the least eh? Takes a lot of time to tuck, twist/pull, zip tie, bread tie, shit I'm outta tie's.. lol. I miss SCROG growing very much though, loved the work it required too.. I can't wait to see the finished work here bro.. your doing a great job..

cheers

Okay the stretch was short, or I had things not all balanced and so was retarded some, or could it have been all the leaf removal I did at the wrong time??????

Well there are two plants that basically 6 inch's short from the top of the screen and the third plant did a bit more growth always and is only 4 inch's from the top, but if I can get what budlet's I have to develop into bigger bud's, well it will be interesting to see what I can get out of it.

Now that all is developing nicely it is getting closer to the time when I use the ties to hold back the developing branch's of buds. At first it seemed to hold them tight against the screen, more so I can see what is what and get spacing figured out, but now it is more time to hook the main stem with the tie and the other end to the screen. Idea is to hold the branch vertically at a distance away from the screen so bud can develop with out restrictions or pressed into the screen, but cannabis loves the light and will grow into the light source regardless of getting burnt up, one reason these are LED lights and not HID lamp. All I can say is thank you to all stopping in to "watch the show" as that is what it is " a show of what one can do with the plant " and also we want to see how this LED tower works and can I get the yield/quality of what the 400 watt HPS did in the past. Really the key is can and will this method and system keep my med jar's full for me. I am thinking and would like to grow two runs a year in the flower box, latewinterthruspring and earlyfallthruearlywinter, avoiding the hottest part of the year so I will not need air conditioning for the grow room.

Hope all are having a nice Holiday today.:puffpuffpass:

Week 4 started on Saturday evening, and life has gotten me behind a day on changing out the res solution. So I thought what a good time for a pic update of how all is growing. Some pics may not be in focus the best, but they are good enough to see the bud growth. So this 21 full days of 12/12 cycle for Pineapple Jack in the cylinder grow with the LED tower.
Okay, do a little light work now, 15 minutes on we have IR, than 15 min later ww lower, and after that first 30 minutes I turn of IR and turn on all the rest including the blue spectrum which is located low on the tower, so we will see what development effects we have thru out the screen in the end, enjoy.
june5a.jpg

june5b.jpg

june5c.jpg

june5e.jpg

june5f.jpg

june5i.jpg

june5j.jpg

june5k.jpg

june5m.jpg

june5l.jpg
I did not mean for so many, but I took them and wanted to share what all looked like. I have gotten more stem growth than expected and slowly it seems alot is getting to the top of the screen, or almost.

it wont be long before it's :rollitup: time.

Is there a cooling fan in the middle of the column ?

Yes there is one fan at the base of the tower sucking in air from around the base of the plants and blowing it up thru the tower. Up top higher in the exhaust line is a inline 250cfm fan that is thermally controlled. On the outside of the cylinder I have two muffin fans hanging, basically opposite corners of each other, circulating the air around inside the grow chamber. So far all has kept at a reasonable temp. I think we got up to 102 a few days and the highest I can recall I got was in the low 80's, 78.4 at the base of the plants.

I just need to make it another 40 or 50 days, damn I pray I can combat the constant high heat of this summer as there is NO way of AC and my vegy stage took me an extra month, otherwise I would be near harvest right now. I do not think I will do the manifold method on the cylinder again for this reason unless I get great results in flowering from them, jury's still out.

Well if one looks close from the earlier pic's to the present ones, you can see the stretch of the plant was not all done, just slowed down and could be because of my res issues.
At the same time these bud sites are growing and it does make you wonder if they will be hard smaller type buds or large airy type, or will the tower give me a both because of the spectrum concentration ? Time will tell the truth. I just want to grow fine bud again.

Getting the tric's developing on the bud leaf now and even the larger old fan leaves get you all sticky and nasty when removing them.
Not the biggest buds yet, but there is the potential for them to get all fat, and that is a sight I would like to see.
Will be starting Week 5 in a few days, life seems to keep getting me off task, okay 29th day in flowering tomorrow, but I can not get a res change done until Monday.

Yesterday Budluver named it "the Tower of Power ", so if a name is needed we have it now, thanks BL.
So last night as lights came on I got the idea to take pictures of the cylinder, so need to bare with the sunrise light spectrum. Just what I call the first 15minutes of lights ON.

June12a.jpg

june12b.jpg

june12c.jpg

june12d.jpg

june12e.jpg

june12f.jpg
This evening or first thing in the AM I will do a drain/cleaning of res and than tomorrow I will flush out and refill with Week 5/6 bloom mix, as if all is balanced this fresh mix should go for week 5 and 6, we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back