Pineapple Jack in the cylinder with LED tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think the buds are getting bigger, not anything I can "holy shit " about, but if I can get my smallest buds to a full bowl size dried, well I could be pleased if the yield is worthy of my effort, of course we can only advance and learn by trying something new.
I will have to get some new pic's taken, maybe I will wait a few more days for that.
At least they are have nice aroma of pineapple which has gotten a bit sweeter smelling lately.

Well last night was a drain and refill of the res. Week 6 has now begun.
Not at all sure of what this grow will bring me weight wise, but at least I hope it is some good, smooth, deep high, long lasting smoke. Of course if is all that, I just wish I had gotten more of it, LOL
I did not realize that Pineapple Jack was so indica dominant, or was it my res issues at the time that cost me the full stretch, or just my damn schedule to get them into flowering to beat the heat of summer ? so many questions I have about it.
Any ways here is photo's taken this AM after 36 days of 12/12 light schedule.
DSC00012.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00003 (1).jpg

DSC00001 (1).jpg

DSC00002 (1).jpg

Looks like they have really filled in. :) very exciting and promising. Maybe hps will be obsolete one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the key of it for me " is the heat" I am not going to run a AC unit to keep all cool, so the HID lamps are out of this equation.
As it is right now I fight to keep my res temp under 75 degree's (that's the warmest yet ) and summer heat will drive it higher. I exchange ice bottles to keep it down to low 70's high 60's at times. I have never had the extra $$ for a chiller and I just do not see me getting one any time in the future.

Next run, well I will get shit dialed in more and we should see better results, of course I am changing strains from Pineapple Jack to Hash Berry, both are suppose to flower about the same, give it 65 days, so I might just get their diet on track for max results.
First I need to see if I can finish up this run.

Well the light made its inaugural first run, that's good to see. You had a lot of connections to make with the small star LEDS.
So running cooler than the hps? That's a good plus too..
Kind of surprised the bud didn't get bigger... I've seen the small LEDS make pretty big tops...
Hope it is up to your expectations, more runs should clear that up.

They are clones. I was given 3 pineapple jacks and 1 hashberry by a good friend.

I have 6 cuts of the hashberry rooting right now and a nice little bush of a mother plant now. The 3 most even looking plants will be my 2nd run and I will train them differently on the cylinder than what I did this 1st run.

I have Willy D from seed growing now, near 45 days old, and doing well. Should be able to sex her and get cuts rooted and growing so they will be my 3rd run.

I think things will rock more soon as I get all the cob webs out of my brain, boy growing strains you never have done before can be trying, just glad I grew Willy long enough that I have lot's of notes and grow data on her.

Thank you everyone for stopping in, I appreciate it.:puffpuffpass:

Yes BL, Willy really liked the tower as she was used on the cylinder's second run years ago when I first built it. There is a thread in this forum of it when I ran a 400 watt HPS in a cool tube, a bit to much heat, but boy it grew the plants.

Willy D is also the strain I could measure 1.5 to 2 inchs of growth a day when I ran her in DWC. Like I mentioned, a lot of grow data with me and Willy on my storage device.

All I know is these PJ's stink, well to me they don't, but the wife and mother In Law keep saying there is a skunk around the house, LOL, and it is because when lights go off usually the exhaust fan does not run because of the thermal switch controlling it.
Yes I need to think about directly connecting it so it runs 24/7 for odor control reasons. I do not know about everyone else, but I personally like the aroma of a flowering garden.

Well I have not done so good on the res and managing it properly. I was afraid to use the Bat Guano and so I missed the window to fatten things up.
So here is some pic's, they do not look that great, but by accident I did get a small sample bud to inspect. From what I can tell I would say 50% of the tric's are opaque at this point and I would have to say 20% orangish hairs with in the buds, 46 days of floral cycle under their belt.

I did not do good at all with the pics this morning, but here they are.
The first two are of the outside of the cylinder. And than I tried to get some bud pic's, might have to wait until harvest time.
june29a.jpg

june29b.jpg

june29d.jpg

june29c.jpg

june29e.jpg

Oh crap, notes are good for a few good reasons, but it does stink when you find what a S.F. you have been.
I really screwed up this grow, but it is almost done, so I have been trying to save them and bring them to harvest clean.
Biggest issue was PH, just did shit, but one thing is Silica Blast was needed and not used, and 2nd was I used GH brand PH upper with PBP products, and there was a delay of 12 to 24 hours for the ph upper added to solution before I got the full increase of the PH upper, so I just over did it with the PH upper and then chasing it with downer or other methods to stabilize it, kinda late in the game I found some additives help with this, like to lower PH just add the Sea Kelp.
Any how they have gotten a bit perky over the last few days with a stablized ph near 5.6/5.8, but leaf damage of lock up or over fert. or just lack of Mg has all not looking great, but they stink and the trichome's are doing their thing.
56 days into floral stage today, and I was told PJ should be ready at day 65, we will just watch and see when they are ripe and ready for the pickin's.

man that screen really filled in. Wow, very nice job. I'm thinking you are worrying too much, my friend.

Thanks you both, I just feel the pressure of providing my own med's again. ( means no room for screw ups in the grow room )
At least it was a solid first run, I mean I got to see the heat range of the room and it's limits due to out side heat. Earlier I had a winter spring time run to just see how all worked than, so at least I know my true easier grow months now.

Buds do look great and are getting a bit of that lingering stink going for the last week or so, guess it will be around a bit longer unless all cools down.

The carbon filter cause a back up on the exhaust system and so air is not exchanged as fast and heat builds up in the room, more than I need for sure, so I took out the carbon filter for now, but should prove awesome come winter and cooler months.

So much learned, guess I am just worrying to much, another reason I do not like that perfectionist trait in me.:puffpuffpass::puffpuffpass:

I agree with Budluver and Guy.. by the looks of things your going to be ok. It does look like they might put some weight on later in flower. Some you have to push a bit longer and they really fatten up in the end, so don't chop em to soon..
Love this tower build though, I think I need to get more into training again to improve yields..
I had the same issue though with GH PH up and not allowing the water to sit for 24hrs and then recheck PH.. I was over thinking things as I grow in organic mix so my biggest concern was my water, which I had checked for free at a local pool supply store.. found out our water is excellent and from then on I stopped checking PH.. lol.

keep up the fine work, I"m sure your next grow will go awesome.. :puffpuffpass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back