My indoor scrog

Sure love CO

Sure love CO... Although our police don't seem as concerned about our welfare, Boo and Pa! I guess that will take a huge grass roots effort on our part to fix that :teeth:
Added my shooting powder last night and I am always amazed how much it boosts my numbers in just 12 hours. And no, I am not a sales rep for H&G :p

Attachments

• puppays4 007.jpg
    puppays4 007.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 13
  • puppays4 010.jpg
    puppays4 010.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 10
  • puppays4 013.jpg
    puppays4 013.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 7
shooting powder boots your numbers as in hairs/size of buds and weight? or as in your ec of your nute mix?

Never heard of that shit??

What is it,a bloom fert....sounds like GH powder feed?
:scratch:

They are plumpin up great!:locomotive:

shooting powder boots your numbers as in hairs/size of buds and weight? or as in your ec of your nute mix?

Well both technically. It is a HOTT product that does murder your ec (so I use it standalone). I always notice a significant increase in girth (I said girth, hehe) over 24 to 48 hrs and H&G claims it creates another flowering cycle when used after the buds appear to stop growing in size... These are claims tho.... :teeth:

Never heard of that shit??

What is it,a bloom fert....sounds like GH powder feed?
:scratch:

They are plumpin up great!:locomotive:

OLDPRO, I hope I do get to meet you one day, you are awesome man :teeth:
It is definitely a bloom fert used around week 5 to 6 depending on strain and its flowering schedule. I have never used a product like it. The closest would be FF Cha-ching, but FF cha-ching I never noticed an increase in size, just resin production.... I notice an increase in size and resin production and bud hardening with the shooting powder. But if you are into organic gardening (not saying YOU specifically are), then don't use this product. I do a 3 week flush just to be sure there is no more of the stuff left in the plant's system otherwise you will have charcoal in your pipe after a few hits!!!

Finding this thread has been a treat.. I was a big believer in SCROG and grew that way my last few years and with 3 plants and my little 600w cool tube setup did pretty good running AK47.. so far yours is looking great. I even used many of the same nutes and believer of SWEET Berry flavor.. Can't imagine the headaches you've had keeping all them wired, tied and removing lower growth not getting much light..gotta have some long arms to get to that middle eh? lol. can't wait to see your next few weeks as ya plump up..:salut:

Finding this thread has been a treat.. I was a big believer in SCROG and grew that way my last few years and with 3 plants and my little 600w cool tube setup did pretty good running AK47.. so far yours is looking great. I even used many of the same nutes and believer of SWEET Berry flavor.. Can't imagine the headaches you've had keeping all them wired, tied and removing lower growth not getting much light..gotta have some long arms to get to that middle eh? lol. can't wait to see your next few weeks as ya plump up..:salut:

Cartman, between your words and your new avatar pic, you have put a smile on this old guy's face. You are totally right though, pruning and tying has been a nightmare... it is like fitting yourself into a clown car FOR REAL!!!!... My long arms and shoulders and back really ache after a good scroggin sesh! not much room to work with... might have to change that by setting it up in my space downstairs with lots O' room, but I need to run 240 down there first :scratch:. I don't know too many people who scrog this way, but I am gonna see if I can hunt down some pics of yours (if its on here). If not, thank you for the friendly pat on the back man! Glad to know I haven't gone scrog crazy from time to time :happy: Have a great day sir!

It is a good thread and a nice looking scrog that is for sure. I remember trying to keep a even plan of bud under the lamp one of the hardest things to do. Getting a handle on growth rate and tops was one thing, but bud growth still varried and than 2nd guessing my decission's, LOL. I did discover most ideal was to bring the plants vertical to the screen, work the main stalk so i coud bend a 90 degree at the screen and run the tops to the outter edge of the screen. I would than use branch and lateral growth to feel in the screen as I kept trainning the top section and tied it up. Prunning out weaker bud sites to allow good growth of each bud site. With main tops to outer edge of screen and flowering they grow taller a bit and they can do it with out me moving the light to far away from other center growth. I believe they started calling it "stadium" grow's and I just was trying to make the most out of what I was doing.
I would spend 30 to 45 minutes a night trainning my plants looking it over and trying to figure out what I should do or not do. The real benefit comes from running the same genetics over and over and near the 3 or 4th run you will have it dialed in that you get a nice yeild from it. I once grew this blue hen with 250 bud sites in scrog style and learned it was not about bud site count, but positioning of them and having a nice root ball to support the number of bud site's.
Keep up the trainning madamimadam, it looks like she will reward you nicely for your work.:rollitup:

They sure look to be doing very good, what a nice thick wall of buds.

Gonna pull up a chair and follow this one if you dont mind.:)

Shoot Real High, I can tell I am among other scrog maniacs here! That's almost exactly how I scrog too. I too spend at least 30 minutes every day carefully removing or trimming back fan leaves that are shading bud sites ( I agree its not the # of sites, but their placement), pruning, breakin' necks (aka supercrop) and tying down (or out) branches to the trellis! Used to hate it, but now its fun to me a sorta like a puzzle that is begging to be completed :) I used to scrog for a dispensary here in town... a 350 light scrog (talk about some 2nd guessing!) if you can imagine it! I have a few pics but I have to figure out a way to get them pics off my phone (I have a base model, no email, etc, so it will take some work on my end) Thank you for your kind words brudda and I assume since you are using past tense your scrog is down at the moment, but I hope yours gets new life soon!

They sure look to be doing very good, what a nice thick wall of buds.

Gonna pull up a chair and follow this one if you dont mind.:)

Hell ya Frenzy welcome to the Denver scrog party! Thank you for your kind words and i'll get some update pics on here soon, hopefully today :kez:

OLDPRO, I hope I do get to meet you one day, you are awesome man :teeth:
It is definitely a bloom fert used around week 5 to 6 depending on strain and its flowering schedule. I have never used a product like it. The closest would be FF Cha-ching, but FF cha-ching I never noticed an increase in size, just resin production.... I notice an increase in size and resin production and bud hardening with the shooting powder. But if you are into organic gardening (not saying YOU specifically are), then don't use this product. I do a 3 week flush just to be sure there is no more of the stuff left in the plant's system otherwise you will have charcoal in your pipe after a few hits!!!

its a super high numbers pk booster ..(i think it has a mass amount of b1 as well)

M.O.a.b from mad farmer is about 40% of the price and works almost as good ( the s powder is better )

i usually run it half strength for a week and drop my e.c by 40%

adds another layer but can be really dangerous if you dose the wrong strain with it..(some strains just dont respond well) ... and u will get some hairy ball looking nugs that are all red hair and what we like to call blown out ...

get the rite dose and its a 25% increase in yield ...(nice)

hope that helps sorry to just jump in on your thread Madam...

aloha

what amount of shooting powder are you adding per gallon and for how long ?

what e.c are u running ??

fun to compare notes ... looks like u got a good thing go ing

Hey Zo! I appreciate the knowledge bomb brother! Since I have never worked with these strains, it is good to know there are some possible setbacks to it's use. I never knew MOab was a similar fert... I am wondering if you have used it and what the results were like compared to SP? I had used FF Cha ching for a couple of years and sold off 4 pounds of the stuff once I found SP. It was that dramatic of a difference for me!

I have never run the strains I am currently growing (it was a wish wash of strains from a guy I know after I put all my solid gear outside) so I am hoping I didn't fuck anything up! Seein a little bit of blow out on the headband (fortunately there are only 2 HBs in the room) and now I know why! I use 1.5 to 2 teaspoons per 5 gallons of water stand alone or .5 to 1 teaspoons when added to a mix of Tiger Bloom, big bloom and rock resinator or Bloombastic.

Shame on me, but I stopped checking my EC, TDS, PPM and PH when I moved away from hydro :jawdrop:... so I don't have the slightest clue. I only use SP 2 times per cycle, sometimes 3 at most. Next batch I mix up, I will put my Hanna meter to use and report my findings. How about you Zo? I think you might be a bit more educated on these products than I am. How often do you use it and at what doses? What EC? I'm Curious I don't know many other people who are using this product.

i use it one or two waterings 2 if the thing has sativa in it once if its a kush ...

moab is from the kids in san diego (mad farmer sd hydro cats)..

. its numbers are slightly higher

im using it at around 1tsp per gallon for a week rite after i pk them or a week after depending on looks ...

i drop my ec way down like some times 1.2 ... again depends on strain ...

anything with haze is it will get so dam big its retarded ..

i use phospho load as well early on if its a commercial room so i push the plants into flowering with that then pk at week 4 or 5 then hit these at week 6 then flush the hell out of them ..

im a coco kid but i ammend with guanos and run dutch masters gold line nutes or canna if i cant find what i want depending on area ...

if your using c02 its also important to watch ec levels ...

seems like the ec was more of an issue in coco and hydro than when i used it with dirt ..

with the dirt plants didnt mind when i just gave them ppm's of sp or moab ..

i have never used gravity or cha ching (they have plasibutrizol in them like phos load i think or @ least gravity does )...

and that stuff i prefer to use the beginning of second week of flower so it has plenty of time to work out the plant ...

some people on here will have an issue with phos loaded weed ..

if you use these products correctly there should be nothing after flush ...

we test for EVERYTHING at the end of cycle so far so good ....

i use it one or two waterings 2 if the thing has sativa in it once if its a kush ...

moab is from the kids in san diego (mad farmer sd hydro cats)..

Y a I've seen that stuff at the grow shop.. never knew what it was for

. its numbers are slightly higher

im using it at around 1tsp per gallon for a week rite after i pk them or a week after depending on looks ...

i drop my ec way down like some times 1.2 ... again depends on strain ...

anything with haze is it will get so dam big its retarded ..

i use phospho load as well early on if its a commercial room so i push the plants into flowering with that then pk at week 4 or 5 then hit these at week 6 then flush the hell out of them ..

Phospho load sounds a lot like the early turn I use in week 1... pushes commercial crop right along into flower

im a coco kid but i ammend with guanos and run dutch masters gold line nutes or canna if i cant find what i want depending on area ...

if your using c02 its also important to watch ec levels ...

seems like the ec was more of an issue in coco and hydro than when i used it with dirt ..

I use a lot of co2 in my grow... like 40 pounds of co2 gas every 7 days. I'll google but what is the correlation between EC and high co2?

with the dirt plants didnt mind when i just gave them ppm's of sp or moab ..

i have never used gravity or cha ching (they have plasibutrizol in them like phos load i think or @ least gravity does )...

and that stuff i prefer to use the beginning of second week of flower so it has plenty of time to work out the plant ...

I stopped using all of Humbolt County's Own once it's entire line was banned for sale in Cali

some people on here will have an issue with phos loaded weed ..

if you use these products correctly there should be nothing after flush ...

we test for EVERYTHING at the end of cycle so far so good ....

Ya that is the downside of these product's IMO since it really takes a 2 to 3 week flush, but I have no complaints either. Sounds like we run a similar method. I will get back to you with the numbers as soon as I test my next feed with the SP, but I am pretty sure I am running higher than 1.2, but as we all know soil is waaaaaay more forgiving than hydro or even coco! Thanks for the info Zo!

HOLY SCROGOLY!!!

So I know it is 2013, so I shouldn't really be proud of myself, but I figured out a way to get some of my pictures I took off my phone and put them on my computer! So this is where I really learned how to scrog, because I did it damn near 4 hours every freakin day! This was about a 400 light (not watts, lights) dispensary grow I worked at for most of 2012. I gotta tell anyone who really thinks it would be cool to work in a grow like this, that it wasn't. Not because the amount of work, but because there are so many straight up dickheads who work and run dispensaries here in Colorado. I almost gave up growing (I've been growing 11-12 years) after working at several dispensaries for almost 2 years and I love growing with all my heart! I wish I had listened when a few friends of mine who were working in OPC's (offsite production centers) told me this exact advice. I'm not saying every dispensary owner and OPC owner is a dick, but the overwhelming majority are that I have encountered are/were. Anywayz, I figured a few peeps could appreciate the size, scope and awesomeness of the grows themselves. I hope I'm not offending anyone, but this was my experience and I felt like I was completely taken advantage of. If I can save someone the time I wasted, that is my point in expressing this. Anyways these shots are of a 54 light pod. The 400ish lights were broken down into several pods in a feeble attempt to control the environment. I gotta admit though, it looks really cool at a glance! Closer up, the reality is that fungus gnats reigned supreme, powdery mildew would fall like snow when you bumped into the plants and temps+humidity made for a god awful working environment. I would literally strip all my clothing off in the garage and immediately wash myself to try to avoid bringing all those problems into my grow. Have a good weekend y'all!

Attachments

• GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 81
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 81
  • GetAttachment2.jpg
    GetAttachment2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
As it was mentioned this bigger set up also created many more uncontrolable problems.
I do agree "bigger is not always better" and usually just not worth the problems.
I can not even phantom the power bill for such big grows. Why do people give into greed?

Back