mojo's Basic Coco Grow Plan - a work in progress, lol

Those guardian angels are nice to have, kermie... appears I've got some too, sis... Thanks to all my friends here...

Yeah, for sure we reptiles and vermin need to hang together... :rofl:

peace

Those guardian angels are nice to have, kermie... appears I've got some too, sis... Thanks to all my friends here...

Yeah, for sure we reptiles and vermin need to hang together... :rofl:

peace

Kermies a frog and therefore an amphibian....:spanked:

Well, of course you're right... I hope and am fairly sure that shaman won't take it as a racial slur, though... Just an acute case of ignorance on my part that has just been cured - thanks to you, my friend. I knew that once upon a time... and that scares me - hard for me to understand too cause, in between bong hits, I try to keep my mind pretty damn active - :D

peace

How's it goin Mr SINISteR?

If you're just needing to stake the plants, home depot has some 4' aluminum stakes painted green. That's what I use to hold up my plants. I just shove it to the bottom of the pots and use some bits of my wife's knitting yarn to tie the main stems to the stake...

peace

How's it goin Mr SINISteR?

If you're just needing to stake the plants, home depot has some 4' aluminum stakes painted green. That's what I use to hold up my plants. I just shove it to the bottom of the pots and use some bits of my wife's knitting yarn to tie the main stems to the stake...

peace

that is an option.. i prefer the real bamboo stakes they sell at home depot that are cheap and you can cut them in half cause they are like 5 or 6 feet in length.. these plants are taller then i usually run but you can see they work good even only running up half way.

2nd time reading this and what a gr8 read.......ty for this mojo!!!!!!! Sometimes i forget b/c i rarely write shit down but this sticky rules........everyone should give it a read....

hey mojo:pale:
Question how much does a 50l bag of coco weight??..

trying to order some stuff but i fill im getting rearended without a thank you, there telling me a 50l bag of coco and three 1liter bottles of liquid is 127 pounds, does that sound right to you???
humm:pale::22_yikes:

you think they are calculating the 50 liters as liquid weight?... 50 liters = over 13 gallons
13 gallons of say water... would be 13 x 7 (approx) = 91 pounds.

Or on the other hand if its 50 liters of compressed coco... its gonna be heavy. I don't know if its over 100 pounds heavy.

hey tui:bonghit:
i dont think its compressed it dont look like a compressed bag, i guess they could be right it just sounds crazy....i buy 4cubic bags of soil and they only weight 40ponds..
humm:afraid:

coco may be the way to go but shit if ya dont live near a hydro store you could spend an arm and a leg on coco being shipped..

They're rapin ya on that one bro - I just went into the garage and lifted a bag of coco with one arm and a 20lb bag of charcoal with the other and I can't tell much difference. If the coco weighs more than 20lbs, it's not by much... maybe 30 lbs max and I think that's stretching it...

They're tryin to make a profit on their freight looks like to me... Some companies do that to make up for the low online prices - happens big time on ebay... Freight companies have a minimum weight charge but it's way less than 100lbs...

Course if they store the bags where they can get wet - it's gonna weigh more than usual... but I doubt they'd do that with coco...

peace

Hey Mojo.

Awesome thread! I'm totally sold on it your method and think I'll be following it. Just need some smartbags -- effin beautiful brudda.

peace

Mojo: great thread and great info. :thumright: just switching to coco myself and your info is great for those of us that are considering it.

Almost all the recent folks I have talked to and met with over the past month are all growing in coco and swear by it.

I remember my first grow 3-4 years ago in a Eurogrower using the Hydroton rocks and coco....the plants loved it and were huge.

Switched to rockwool in an E&F and found mixed results among the grows. I think the beauty of coco is the fact you can't overwater and that is a big plus.

Does anyone currently run coco in an E&F system? I'm hoping to do that and would love some input on number of flood cycles per day on 12/12. I am thinking 2x a day. At lights on and 6 hours later.

Peace all. :fish: RI :fish:

Hey Mojo.

Awesome thread! I'm totally sold on it your method and think I'll be following it. Just need some smartbags -- effin beautiful brudda.

peace

sorry, I forget to look up at this sticky a lot...

Glad you found something in here you liked... good luck and post a thread on your grow for help...

Mojo: great thread and great info. :thumright: just switching to coco myself and your info is great for those of us that are considering it.

Almost all the recent folks I have talked to and met with over the past month are all growing in coco and swear by it.

I remember my first grow 3-4 years ago in a Eurogrower using the Hydroton rocks and coco....the plants loved it and were huge.

Switched to rockwool in an E&F and found mixed results among the grows. I think the beauty of coco is the fact you can't overwater and that is a big plus.

Does anyone currently run coco in an E&F system? I'm hoping to do that and would love some input on number of flood cycles per day on 12/12. I am thinking 2x a day. At lights on and 6 hours later.

Peace all. :fish: RI :fish:

I think we've got a couple of ebb and flow folks around here... I'd stretch that second feeding out a little to maybe an hour or so before lights out... but that's just me... :D

I'm using a recirc, top feed system and it's the ultimate in control, imo... if I see it needs it, I can re-feed immediately to fix a problem...

I'm very glad I found this thread. Much props all around.

I've just been stumbling around with coco, but generally I think I came to similar conclusions. I found hand watering was easier for me. Although I was watering every other day, or every three. I'll start increasing now.

Has anyone had an issue with either circulating drip, or ebb and flow with coco? It seems the fibers would run out the pot and end up in the reservoir. I still hand water, so it isn't an issue for me, but I was thinking about automating it a little. Personally I use 2 gallon grow bags though.

Damn, I oughta be shot, stabbed and pissed on for not keepin up with this thread any better than I have... I'm glad it's still helpin new coco growers find their way...

Tie the foot out of a pair of nylons around the drain pipe extension you should have on the return to your reservoir - that's what I do and it catches everything... if you're into beneficial bacteria, this also gives them a nice place to live - in that wad of sediment in the toe of those nylons... loss of the coco is minimal at best... I used to put screens covering the drain holes in the pots but stuff still got through and I couldn't tell it was doin a damned bit of good so I leave it out now... Once the coco settles in the pots at about the second week of watering, you won't see much comin through anymore...

Awesome, thanks for the help mojo.

One more question for you, if you don't mind. I've hand watered in coco bags up till now, but I'mlooking to add a bit of automation to it. Would you say that a dripp drain to waste system is better, or a recirculating drip system would be better?

My only concern is with the run-off being of higher nute concentration than the original watering concentration. If it's recirculating, wouldn't it just increase the nute concentration with each watering? Maybe I'm not understanding something though.

fucking awesome read, Im doing coco as well,Im using bio canna,and was worried about it not being just for coco ,but no problems yet.they seem to love it.Im taking this sailboat ride nice and slow. thanks mojo:pl:

Back